Gearedup From FG passed away

Bone

Awards
Gearedup has passed away
QuickQuote

Originally posted by lilhawk at Fitnessgeared 11/26/03

I hate to bring this information to you all, but at approximatey 10:30pm last night 11/25 gearedup passed away due to a drug overdose. I wanted to let all of you know, he was a very close friend of mine and I know he has always been here for all of you too. If anyone has any questions you can PM me. I'm not big on the different boards as I know he was so if you guys could forward this info to some of the other boards he frequented I would much appreciate it, he was a awesome person and will be missed greatly.

~GP

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Saw that.. sad news.. oxycontin is some powerful ****.. RIP GU..

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Wow that sucks. I never spoke with him one on one but I have read many posts of his. Damn people need to stay away from that ****.

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
Dude that sucks, that guy actually hooked me up with some good info once. He will be missed.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
a respected brother. rest in peace man......

Sage

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
RIP for a good bro.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Man, what a sad thing to see. I read many of his posts at Fitness Board before it shut down, always looked out for his members. RIP Geared Up

Blindfaith

Awards
RIP for a board brother....is oxycontin the same **** that Jack Osbourne was addicted to?

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
Iron brothers always ride to Valhalla...we'll feast at the table of warriors with all that have passed along the way.

Chemo

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
oxycontin has the same active ingredient as percocet and percodan(oxycodone). The only difference being that 1 oxycontin has the same amount of oxycodone as 4 percocets, time released over 12 hours. Of course people get the big high by crushing the tab up thereby defeating the time release and getting all four doses at once.

labrad

Awards
  • Established
Oxycontin is sometimes referred to as Hillbilly Heroin. It is very addictive and very strong (there have been a lot of overdoses associated w/ its use). Yes, this is what Jack Osbourne and Rush Limbaugh were addicted to.

Sad to hear about Geared Up.

fireman

Awards
this is very sad news. too many bros been leaving us due to this stuff. I have been down the road of opiate addiction and it's not a fun one. I finally openly posted it on the former ap and the help I got was amazing. I just wish that those with these probs would let us help them. I will never take another painkiller again, I don't care how much pain i'm in. and I did go into respiratory arrest on two ocasions with fenatyl, so I realize how dangerous it can be.

RIP Geardup, he was a good man, and my prayers to his family and loved ones.

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
Damn dude, fenatyl? That's some heavy **** there. Glad you saw the light.

fireman

Awards
Yeah I saw the light twice, not something I'd mess around with, makes oxy's look like candy. and it was prescribed to me when I broke my ankle. but when your dealing with mcgs, it's easy to go over your dose. and as a note the doc od me on it the second time, the patches wouldn't stick to my skin, so he tried to glue one on. well the glue had alcohol in it and it put all 3 days worth of the fenatyl in me at once. not good.

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
I've only done it once, getting my wisdom teeth taken out, had about 6 seconds of feeling bliss, then I thought I just blinked, and next thing I know I open my eyes and the oral surgeon says we're all done. I didn't believe him until he showed me a mirror so I could see inside my mouth. I've read of people making it homebrew and because of its potency and inablility to mix it properly with cut, one person gets a normal dose and the next person dies with a needle in their arm because they got two grains of fentayl instead of one grain.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
I have also seen the slums of the opiate addictions. Heroin, OC's, perks, fetnal, etc., etc.

I had such a tolerance to them that I would have to snort a whole 80mg OC, or pop at least 12 vicadins to get just a descent buzz, and we used to open up the fetanal patches and eat the gel. Although many of us respected the potency by gradually upping your dosages to the differing drugs, people have been dropping like flies around here. In just the last year, I have had 5 close friends, and various others that I used to party with get brought down from it. People don't realize that the different strengths (especially the higher ones) are only made for opiate tolerant patients. They think that they don't have to build up a tolerance first, and they will snort a 40mg or and 80mg and go into a seizure, OD, cardiac arrest, etc.

I was lucky to get out of the hole while I still could. And guess what, BB'ing was what helped me get out. Opiates will bring you down in a heartbeat brothers, you have to respect them and seriously just say no. Because MANY get addicted THE FIRST TIME.

RIP GU...........