Damn it all to hell. They took my only source of sanity and entertainment.:sad:

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Damn it all to hell. They took my only source of sanity and entertainment.:sad:
That sucks!
You may actually get some work done now. Hey, you don't work for GM or Ford, do you?
:D
Just joking, man. I enjoy logging in and checking things out at work/school. Proxy server?

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
if i got caught using a proxy i would be in serious trouble. the military takes their networks seriously. well sort of.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
if i got caught using a proxy i would be in serious trouble. the military takes their networks seriously. well sort of.
I know... trust me.
I was just joking, anyway.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was going to throw some back your way in the good and fun nature of frivolous reps, but...

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Iron Lungz again."

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It just happened over the weekend sometime cause i could on friday

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There's only one option...quit.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There's only one option...quit.
funny thing about those military contracts, you can't just quit, or call in sick...man, i wish i could call in sick. I haven't missed a day of work for being sick in the 8.5 years i have been in. not even when i had pneumonia and a fever of 102.5.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I work for a slave driver and he never lets me on AM.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
right now i do about 15 minutes of work a week so i get so bored at work that i google google for christ sakes.

spres444

spres444

Awards
  • Established
dude.

i do maybe, an hour of work a day

followed by 7 hours on AM.

i have a problem

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
**** yeah, I get paid for 9 hours of work a day, I barely, barely work 2 hours a day.....I get paid to do pretty much anything for those 7 hours........Haha.....

spres444

spres444

Awards
  • Established
i work at this place called british telecommunications. its a conferencing center ( via telephone and web), and theres alot of down time. more like 7 1/2 hours out of the 9 im there downtime. except when its earning season for other companies ( when like google, yahoo, microsoft, blah blah big name companies report there earnings for teh quater to all the reporters). its really, really boring so thank god AM keeps me sane

that and AM is like the only thing that isnt blocked

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thats a joke. I have worked a few different military nets, and unless you are tunneling gigs upon gigs.. a measly few megs to a proxy won't be seen.

Though it is a ***** to find one that is open from a mil.net.

Setup your own at home, and use SSH from a thumbdrive at work.

PuTTY... that will give you the info you need.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Navy

but, don't get me wrong. I've worked 12-18 hr days for 6 months before and other nonsense like that, but for now I lucked out and have some good karma coming back to me and have the EASIEST job there is. I send out a morning report email everyday (2 minutes) and 1 week in review report a week (5 minutes) and that's it. I'm about to start school and do all my work at work and I volunteer a lot with things like toys for tots etc to kill time (since they let me do that during work) and I get 2 hrs a day of PT (exercise during working hours) All that and my "work day" is from 7:30 - 3:30 with 1-2hr lunch.

HEY! Don't hate..lol

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
Shame on all of you!! :). When you get your pay check I hope you feel guilty. I know I do when I get my check after working 30 mins a day since I found AM...LOL. I am a systems admin, and what you can try to do is rdp to your computer at home or like DAdams said run ssh from a thumb drive. Putty is a nice app for that. Maybe even use remote desktop web connection, that way you can connect to your home computer via a web browser. Ok enough of how by pass military security..... I am going to hell :(

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thats a joke. I have worked a few different military nets, and unless you are tunneling gigs upon gigs.. a measly few megs to a proxy won't be seen.

Though it is a ***** to find one that is open from a mil.net.

Setup your own at home, and use SSH from a thumbdrive at work.

PuTTY... that will give you the info you need.

I know man, but sometimes,just sometimes they catch people doing that. I know two who went to captians mast for myspace. Besides I am certain that it's a local block and not the whole military. I can get on at other bases etc. My place has there own IT's etc and I'm sure if there are others on AM that it's not many and now bam blocked. this makes 3 sites that i go to that are a bit obscure on the grand scheme of things that have been blocked in the month that I've been there and one of those sites being a small one that my close friend has and only 10 of my friends use.

Also, after that virus attack on the pentagon all thumb/flash drives, externals, flash memory cards etc. are prohibited from being used DOD computers.

maybe if i get bored enough, but i don't know. It still really really sucks not to have AM at work. What really pisses me off is BB is still available.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Shame on all of you!! :). When you get your pay check I hope you feel guilty. I know I do when I get my check after working 30 mins a day since I found AM...LOL. I am a systems admin, and what you can try to do is rdp to your computer at home or like DAdams said run ssh from a thumb drive. Putty is a nice app for that. Maybe even use remote desktop web connection, that way you can connect to your home computer via a web browser. Ok enough of how by pass military security..... I am going to hell :(

ok i understand some of that and the concept, sort of. PM me with the how to's. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeese. I beg you.

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
Then try the remote desktop web connection. You don't have to install anything at your work computer. Just go to the internet, and type in the ip address of your computer/tsweb. Like this: http://machinename/tsweb. Once you set it up at home, then you can connect from anywhere. To avoid having to remember your IP address, get you a dynamic dns account for from a site like www.dyndns.com, that way even when your ip address changes, and it will, (unless you bought one or a block from your isp) you can still connect with the name. For example, my dyn dns name is zay.dnsalias. Hope it all works out for you, and regardless of all this information, make a choice that you live with. IE, keep trying to get on AM at a risk, or accept the block, and wait till you get home.once again, good luck.

Matt6969

Awards
  • Established
they blocked AM those **** suckin peaces of ****. damn them. i feal for you.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Im using logmein right now to connect. Its funny to because I am the damn network admin at my place but I figured if I was going to block everybody else from certain sites I should include myself. The myspace and youtube links on this site make my filters go off like crazy.

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
I like logmein as well. Right now I used an app I rewrote and customized. It is built on the vnc architecture. Props to you for not abusing your power and not leaving yourself off the block list. Most admins would block the company but create a policy that excluded them from the restriction.:thumbsup:

Matt6969

Awards
  • Established
i have to give you credit as well. (for blocking yourself)