Your favorite or famous quote

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
Some of us have famous quotes that we use to guide us thru life. Or we may like a famous line from a movie.
Let me kick it off with one of my favorites: "People will only do to you what YOU let them do to you"

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Then you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"Keep away from people who belittle you ambitions
Small people always do that,
but the really great ones,
make you feel that you, too,
can become Great.
Mark Twain

The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.
Socrates

"It is never too late to be what you might have been"
George Eliot

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security,
deserve neither liberty or security"
Benjamin Franklin

"do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
Matthew 6:34

"There is no such thing as right or wrong,
There is only what's just and unjust
What you can justify you think is right
and what you can't you think is wrong,
but it all a matter of perspective"
Carlos Mencia

"Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed."
2 Cor. 4:9

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
"Serenity Begins when I give up all hope for a Better Past"

Just some guy in an AA meeting.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have tons, but I'll post some that are on my mind today. I went to the National Marine Corps museum today and that's why. Great museum by the way.

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a MARINE and his rifle!"
GEN PERSHING, USA

"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking!"
FERDINAND FOCH

"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem!"
CHESTY PULLER, USMC

"The more MARINES I have around the better I like it!"
GEN MARK CLARK, USA

"Casualties many; Percentage of dead not known; Combat efficiency: we are winning!"
COL DAVID M. SHOUP, USMC

"I can never again see a UNITED STATES MARINE without experiencing a feeling of reverence."
GEN JOHNSON, US.ARMY

"The raising of that flag on Suribachi means a MARINE CORPS for the next 500 years."
JAMES FORRESTAL, SECRETARY OF THE NAVY

"Come on, you sons of b*tches! Do you want to live forever?"
GySgt. DANIEL DALY, USMC

"We're not retreating, Hell! We're just attacking in a different direction!"
GEN. OLIVER SMITH, USMC

"So they've got us surrounded, good! Now we can fire in any direction, those bastards won't get away this time!"
CHESTY PULLER, USMC

"We have two companies of MARINES running all over this island and thousands of ARMY troops doing nothing!"
GEN JOHN VESSEY, CHAIRMAN OF JOINT CHIEFS

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"
CAPT LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

"The safest place in Korea was right behind a platoon of MARINES. LORD, how they could fight!"
MAJGEN FRANK LOWE, US.ARMY

"Panic sweeps my men when they are facing the AMERICAN MARINES."
CAPTURED NORTH KOREAN MAJOR

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."
UNKNOWN

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."
- Father Kevin Keaney, 1st MarDiv Chaplain, Korean War

"The Marines fought almost solely on esprit decorps, I was certain. It was inconceivable to most Marines that they should let another Marine down, or that they could be responsible for dimming the bright reputation of their Corps. The Marines simply assumed that they were the world's best fighting men."
- Robert Sherrod, 1943, regarding the battle at Tarawa

"You're making the wrong assumption that a Marine by himself is outnumbered." - Gen Peter Pace, 28 Jul 06

wrkn4bigrmusles

Awards
  • Established
cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war...billy shakespeare

only the dead have seen the end of war..true author unknown

there are no bad regiments..just bad colonels... napolean

before all else..be armed...machiavelli

serve with honor... my brigade commander

84bandit

"everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight- ronnie coleman

dream like your going to live forever, live like your going to die today- James Dean

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."- Forrest Gump

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy-Martin Luther King
Sh1t happens- don't know who said it.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
One that I live by...
People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them.
- George Bernard Shaw
Another one...
The only man who behaves sensibly is my tailor; he takes my measure anew every time he sees me, whilst all the rest go on with their old measurements, and expect them to fit me.
- George Bernard Shaw

Caferacer

Caferacer

Awards
  • Established
"Have you heard about the bird that lives in the south, the Phoenix that never grows old? This undying Phoenix rises out of the South Sea, and flies to the Sea of the North, never alighting, except on sacred trees. He will touch no food, but the most exquisite rare fruit. He drinks only from the clearest springs.

Once an owl, chewing on a dead rat, already half decayed, saw the phoenix fly over, looked up, and screeched with alarm, clutching the rat to himself in fear and dismay.

Why are you so frantic, clinging to your ministry and screeching at me in dismay?"
When the mind is free and clear everything under heaven becomes complete
A few of my favorite.

bigpoppapump2

bigpoppapump2

Awards
  • Established
"The truth shall set you free."

"Don't give up. Don't ever give up."

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
2 Favorites:

"By way of deception, thou shall do war" Israeli Mossad

"I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip. " Patrick Bateman

Runner ups:

"Vive la mort, vive la guerre, vive le sacre mercenaire." ("Long live death, long live war, long live the cursed mercenary.") - Mercenary marching cadence and toast.

"Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it."

"War is not about who is right, it is about who is left."

"One mind, any weapon." - Hunter B. Armstrong

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body." - Chairman Mao

"The more you sweat in training, the less you will bleed in battle." - Motto of Navy Seals

"Unless you do your best, the day will come when, tired and hungry, you will halt just short of the goal you were ordered to reach, and by halting you will make useless the efforts and deaths of thousands." - Gen. George S. Patton

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"

"I have a high art, I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." - Archilocus, 650 B.C.

"This is my bone, my woman, my turf. Leave or I'll kill you." ??

"Say what again. SAY WHAT AGAIN. I dare you, I double dare you, mother****er. Say what one more goddamn time. " Jules-Pulp fiction

"If you don't shut your ****ing mouth, I will kill you. " Patrick Bateman

"There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there. " Patrick Bateman

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
"And then, something happened. I let go. Lost in oblivion. Dark and silent and complete. I found freedom. Losing all hope was freedom." - Fightclub

"I believe that one defines oneself by reinvention. To not be like your parents. To not be like your friends. To be yourself. To cut yourself out of stone." - Henry Rollins

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Be Hard When It's Hard

The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife - Hunter S. Thompson

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life."

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
He who makes a beast out of him self gets rid of the pain of being a man. - avenge sevenfold.

Character is defined by what you do when no one is looking - (not sure)

F(x) = x - You get out (of life) equal to what you put in.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great things are done when men and mountains meet- William Blake

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
I have two, the first is the one in my signature from Chuck Noll and the other is
"The will to win is not nearly as important as the will to prepare to win" from Bobby Knight.

Some other good ones are:

Don't be humble ... you're not that great.
-- Golda Meir

Drucker's Dictum: Doing things right is not as important as doing the right things.

Experience is a hard teacher.
She gives the test first and the lessons afterwards.

:bruce3:

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
When no one has your back, move your back.
When a man does not make a choice, the choice makes it for the man- Johnny Blaze from Ghost Rider.
I sell propane and propane accessories- Hank Hill.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
He who makes a beast out of him self gets rid of the pain of being a man. - avenge sevenfold.

Character is defined by what you do when no one is looking - (not sure)

F(x) = x - You get out (of life) equal to what you put in.

I've always heard it as "integrity" is measured by what you do when no one is looking.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've always heard it as "integrity" is measured by what you do when no one is looking.
Is that what they call that? Huh, what do you know - I've had integrity since around 11 or 12 years old. Sweet!

On a side note: Integrity causes calluses.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
:
Is that what they call that? Huh, what do you know - I've had integrity since around 11 or 12 years old. Sweet!

On a side note: Integrity causes calluses.
:toofunny:

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
Two of my favs....

Treasure the love you receive above all. It will survive long after your good health has vanished. Og Mandino

That it will never come again is what makes life sweet.
Emily Dickinson

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
It's only after we've lost everything,that we're free to do anything.

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
This too shall pass.
Honey don't forget to put the seat down- My GF

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
in the quite words of the virgin mary...come again! - bricktop

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
“I try not to let what others are doing influence my decisions, I feel you have make decisions for yourself, you have to be true to yourself, because if you let what others are doing influence what you do, you really have nothing left of yourself”
Layne Norton

Matt6969

Awards
  • Established
1st man says "ill do my best" 2nd man says "Your best, Losers always wine about their best winners go home and **** the prom queen."

dommer

Banned
Awards
quote- "to live is to suffer but to survive is to find meaning in the suffering"

bb related quote- "light weight!!!!!"

funny quote- "im gona spoons out our eye and **** start your brain" & "the only form of birthcontroll that is 100% effective is anal sex even abstinence failed once"

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
"you think your going to be here forever, then life up and changes on you like the weather"

don't remember who said it but i was, like, 15 when I heard it.

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
Some of us have famous quotes that we use to guide us thru life. Or we may like a famous line from a movie.
Let me kick it off with one of my favorites: "People will only do to you what YOU let them do to you"
Here's one of my favorites:
"Once again, I have made an ass of myself trying to get to a phone. You have made an ass out me of for the last time. Three letters: ABA. A, Always, B, Be, A, Answering. Always be answering. Always be answering. AIDA. Attention. Interest. Decision. Action. Attention. Do I have your attention? Interest. Are you interested? I know you are 'cause it's pick up the phone or get your ass straightened out.

You answer or you get hit with a brick. Decision. Have you made your decision to pick up the phone? And action. AIDA. Pick up the goddamn phone. You got a call coming in, you think I made it because I've got nothing better to do? I could be shouting sxxx at random people on the street, but I'm calling you. I don't care that you're twelve or eleven or whatever, are you pig enough to pick it up? I'm a good father, and you're a pig.

I don't give a ****. Good father. You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you thoughtless pain in the ass? AIDA. Get mad you daughter-of-a-*****. Get mad. You know what it takes to answer my call? It takes brass balls to answer my call. Go and do likewise. The phone is ringing, you pick it up, it's yours, you don't, I got no sympathy for you. I'd wish you good luck, but you wouldn't know what to do with it if you got it. You better be ready Friday the 20th to meet with me. Pig. Oh, also, tell your mother I said "Go **** yourself." This is Dad, ring me back when you get a chance."

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
Bump, because these are good quotes :)

(Ya, I know this thread is insanely old)

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
"Nevermind 'likes' or 'dislikes.' They are of no consequence. Just do what needs to be done. It may not be happiness but it is GREATNESS." -George Bernard Shaw

keeper

"Sports do not build character. They reveal it." (Haywood Hale Broun)

keeper

And my all-time fav:

"We can't run. We can't pass. We can't stop the run. We can't stop the pass. We can't kick. Other than that, we're just not a very good football team right now." ~Bruce Coslet

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

I've had a lot of experience with people smarter than I am. - Gerald Ford

It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it - Dan Quayle

The problem with the French is that they don't have a word for entrepreneur. - George W Bush

We need an energy bill that encourages consumption. - George W Bush

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
"I'm the sh*t, just ask the toilet!" - Some very wise man. ;)

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Expect the worst, hope for the best. -Me

It's easier to ask forgiveness than to ask permission. -Dad

keeper

Another fav: John F Kennedy addressing a gathering of Nobel Peace Prize winners dining at the White House...

"I think this is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered at the White House - with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson dined alone."

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Ya, both of those are totally original thoughts! :p
I'd never heard em before. Mel Brooks and Rear Admiral Grace Hopper come up when I Google...

"Never underestimate the internet."

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Let's make a thread about the stupidest quotes. I've already got one for that... "Don't regret anything because at one time you wanted it." PFFFFT! Whoever believes that is a real a-hole.

keeper

another one for that catagory:

"I didn't inhale."

or

"I never had sex with that woman. Monica Lewenski."

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
"If you want to make GOD laugh, tell him your plans for the future." -My Dad who said it was an old Russian saying.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I was on a high for the next couple of days, but I was still skeptical, and so I played it cool. I didn’t send her an email until about two weeks later. I sent it under the pretense that I needed some advice on some book we’d both read… Two weeks later, and I’m now sat writing this, having heard nothing from her since.
i thought this was quality.