Prohormones/gear and your friends/family

Alt+F4

Back in the gym after 6 months of being a *****
Awards
I was suprised to do a quick search and not find another post like this here. I have a little bit of a crux...

I'm 23, been married since July 2001. My wife and I are best friends, we get along great, but her family's a bit fucked up. He brother has been in AA since he was 20 (he's 32), and he experimented with drugs and steroids way back when, when she was little. He didn't do anything right, and was drinking/drugging heavily while on gear. All she remembers is him throwing furniture around the house, getting in fights with their also-alcoholic father, etc. Unfortunately for me, she thinks roids had just as much to do with it as the sauce.

Now here I am contemplating my first PH cycle. A simple little cycle of 4-6 weeks of T-1, got the nolva on hand for PCT. But I'm curious how I should approach this with the wife. I thought about just doing it behind her back, but I don't really want to do that. I want to be upfront and honest, and explain to her that this is not steroids, I'm not gonna flip out and beat the **** out of anyone, etc. I know the myths aren't true, I've done a SHITLOAD of research, I know what to expect and how to fix any problems that arise. But she's a very stubborn person.

Has anyone else had to deal with a wife/SO when it comes to gear/ph use? I'm just not sure the best way to explain this is...all I want to do is get bigger for her and me...

Thanks.

size

Awards
  • Established
First, I would be honest with her since she is your wife. You are a young guy, putting your marriage on the line over adding muscle is not worth it. So be honest.

Roid Rage is a lie. Read this study and maybe even let your wife read it. This study is well documented in Physiology texts and many others studying displaying that much of the "dangers" of AAS are incorrect.

The effects of supraphysiological doses of testosterone on angry behavior in healthy eugonadal men--a clinical research center study.

Tricker R, Casaburi R, Storer TW, Clevenger B, Berman N, Shirazi A, Bhasin S.

Division of Endocrinology, Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science, Los Angeles, California 90059, USA.

Anecdotal reports of "roid rage" and violent crimes by androgenic steroid users have brought attention to the relationship between anabolic steroid use and angry outbursts. However, testosterone effects on human aggression remain controversial. Previous studies have been criticized because of the low androgen doses, lack of placebo control or blinding, and inclusion of competitive athletes and those with preexisting psychopathology. To overcome these pitfalls, we used a double-blind, placebo-controlled design, excluded competitive athletes and those with psychiatric disorders, and used 600 mg testosterone enanthate (TE)/week. Forty-three eugonadal men, 19-40 yr, were randomized to 1 of 4 groups: Group I, placebo, no exercise; Group II, TE, no exercise; Group III, placebo, exercise; Group IV, TE plus exercise. Exercise consisted of thrice weekly strength training sessions. The Multi-Dimensional Anger Inventory (MAI), which includes 5 different dimensions of anger (inward anger, outward anger, anger arousal, hostile outlook, and anger eliciting situations), and a Mood Inventory (MI), which includes items related to mood and behavior, were administered to subjects before, during, and after the 10 week intervention. The subject's significant other (spouse, live-in partner, or parent) also answered the same questions about the subject's mood and behavior (Observer Mood Inventory, OMI). No differences were observed between exercising and nonexercising and between placebo and TE treated subjects for any of the 5 subdomains of MAI. Overall there were no significant changes in MI or OMI during the treatment period in any group. Conclusion: Supraphysiological doses of testosterone, when administered to normal men in a controlled setting, do not increase angry behavior. These data do not exclude the possibility that still higher doses of multiple steroids might provoke angry behavior in men with preexisting psychopathology.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
You may need to educate your wife on how blown out of proportion the side effects are. I hear ya though, I get shitty looks from family members because I use transdermals and they tell me about all the horrible things they do. BTW, your wife's brother seems to have been a naturally angry man 'cause roids didn't make him act like that. Get her to do some research here and read some scientific journals that show the real facts about PH's or roids.

BTW, don't get divorced over this, just not worth it.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
I agree with the above. Just be upfront with her, it sounds like you guys got a very close relationship. That these days is ssometimes hard to find. She may even look to you as a person whom she comes to you if and when she has the problems and that would make her feel like you aren't there for her. Wow, I just did a Dr. Phil. :)

Good luck brother.....

decypheredbeats

Awards
it seems most people just dont understand. I dont lie about anything to my friends or family, I dont go around trying to make it known, but if they'd ask me "what is that **** your spraying on yourself" Id let them know. When you trust someone (as anyone that you love you should) it only makes sense you have mutual and the utmost level of trust in eachother.

Personally I dont see how your loving wife would let somethign like this destroy your relationship, I'd be more pissed if my brother was hiding a crack addiction from me then actually knowing he had a crack addiction (no I am not comparing PH to crack, just giving an example of a similiar situation, and my brother doesnt smoke crack).

personally if someone doesnt trust the decisions I make then I feel they dont trust me and therefore I cannot trust them (its a mutual thing), and If I cant trust a person then I wont fvck with them (unless its in my best interest)

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
She could register here and read and ask any questions, we'd be glad to help out in that regard. You could search and provide her with probably any answer she'd want.

ManBeast