Marijuana and Bodybuilding

Gus1986

Awards
I know alcohol can pretty much stall gains but how about marijuana? Just curious to know Marijuana's effect on bodybuilding

noobster

noobster

Awards
I don't think there are any studies describing its effects on lifting and body composition and of course I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, but it can't be that bad.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The only negative thing that I've read is that it can raise estrogen but i have no studies to prove that and that can be just brotelligence. If your bulking then marijuana may be good because it will increase hunger and depending on the strain can help with your sleep. So it may actually have some benefits to aid in body building. **** Arnold smoked and look at him.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My friend competes in bodybuilding shows, he smokes almost everyday.

dpfisher

I've lifted while not smoking and while smoking every day and I don't feel like it makes a big difference. If anything I can focus on my form a little better.

It's also a vasodilator so there's that too.

But yeah alcohol, one good night and I'm pretty out of my groove for upwards of a week sometimes.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Seems like the US government is in for it too....

In 2003, the U.S. Government as represented by the Department of Health and Human Services filed for, and was awarded a patent on cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants. U.S. Patent 6630507. Wiki

B.O. is 50%-50%, he won't legalize it, but he might decriminalize it.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
i've read on the internet that it does reduce testosterone as well as has effects on lungs and breathing however none of these things i read were from medical journals or properly conducted studies. So it could be completely invalid.

That being said, I wouldn't do it if i was bulking. I'd keep bulking as clean as possible just to be make sure the results are optimal

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I don't think it's a good thing for your respiratory system

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I will agree that it does take a toll on your lungs. Cardio isn't as good but that's what a vaporizer is for.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
I don't think it's a good thing for your respiratory system
Havent smoked in a long long long time. I dont because i believe it isnt good for bodybuilding overall. Not to mention I'm a recovering alcoholic/addict.

Seen an episode of Manswers regarding the best way to administer THC from the dried plant.

There is a vaporizor contraption that eliminates harmful smoke and gives the user like 99% of the THC. It has to be heated to just the right temperature.(cant recall actual temp)

spres444

spres444

Awards
  • Established
Honestly, I went from smoking like 6-7 times a day when I was'nt lifting, and now I smoke every few days. But when I go to the gym after I smoke, I legit kill it. Im so focused on everything I do, its wierd leme tell ya.

bigzach1234

bigzach1234

Awards
  • Established
smoking before working out increases my mind muscle connection and puts me in kind of a trance/zone.. where i am so focused on my workout ahead i picture every rep.. i then put on some loud music and go hard!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I will agree that it does take a toll on your lungs. Cardio isn't as good but that's what a vaporizer is for.
True. In all my years of carousing I've never seen someone use a vaporizer :D But it does look good on paper

nofx4110

nofx4110

Awards
great for bulking. Vaporize it if you can. If you smoke too much you will lose motivation, try to keep it part of your post workout routine.
The best preworkout drug I have ever used was cocaine.

spres444

spres444

Awards
  • Established
great for bulking. Vaporize it if you can. If you smoke too much you will lose motivation, try to keep it part of your post workout routine.
The best preworkout drug I have ever used was cocaine.
hahaha..Honestly coke would have me doing like 6 reps of every exercise I've ever done in my entire life, all in like under 20 minutes :jaw:

learn

learn

Awards
  • Established
I use to use it back in the early 90's and I had great mind muscle connection along with great focus:clap2:

nofx4110

nofx4110

Awards
hahaha..Honestly coke would have me doing like 6 reps of every exercise I've ever done in my entire life, all in like under 20 minutes :jaw:
Basically. You don't feel anything and you can do it forever.

MassBuilda123

Awards
No way man.. coke's a downer! That **** will leave me numb.. talking out my ass wanting to f*ck a ***** and then kill her afterwards lol

Tweak was a f*cked up but it worked pre w/o and then I got to go home afterwards and f*ck my friends mom for 8 hours and sperm on the b*tch. I love my life but I'm glad I quit crank! I just stick to good ole AAS! Anadrol/Test and I'm good with just those two.. they are one of a kind!

D Man

D Man

Awards
There is nothing wrong with smoking some green every now and then apart from the legal side of things of course.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
Seems like the US government is in for it too....

In 2003, the U.S. Government as represented by the Department of Health and Human Services filed for, and was awarded a patent on cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants. U.S. Patent 6630507. Wiki

B.O. is 50%-50%, he won't legalize it, but he might decriminalize it.
Did I read that correctly? Marijuana is an antioxidant?? I can't wait to get me another vapolution.

MassBuilda123

Awards
Actually coke is an upper.
Ehh not my kinda upper then! Used to go through 8 balls twice a night with 2 other friends like it wasn't a problem.. ahh to have that kind of money again!

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
That sour diesel seems to be around, hope it stays for awhile.

MassBuilda123

Awards
Hell yeah Sour Diesel's good **** but it ain't Purple man! That Purple's delish

nofx4110

nofx4110

Awards
be careful when buying purp, if the tips of the leaves are purple it was grown in acidic soil. When the buds are purple its because they were subjected to cold temperatures. THC is produced in response to heat... I honestly never could tell a difference in the quality.

A quarter of coke between 3 people in one night is ridiculous. you must have had a huge problem which has probably left you with a deviated septum and/or heart problems. It had to have been shitty coke because if you did more than a gram of fish scales you would die.

dpfisher

be careful when buying purp, if the tips of the leaves are purple it was grown in acidic soil. When the buds are purple its because they were subjected to cold temperatures. THC is produced in response to heat... I honestly never could tell a difference in the quality.
Sorry, that's not necessarily true. The purple color is caused by a nitrogen deficiency during the last period of the flowering phase and typically indicates that the chemical nutrients were flushed properly when dealing with hydro.

You are right that cold temps do help with THC production but as far as I know this shouldn't cause discoloring unless you really overdo it and get cell damage, in which case it would be more brown.

You are also right that most people won't notice a difference. If you cure weed that was properly flushed it will taste a bit better and some people say it's less harsh but it's not a huge difference unless the grower doesn't flush at all.

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I do remember sour diesel being some of the best.
Yeah I've tried so many different types of pot and i must say this sour diesel is my favorite. If i leave just a bag in my room you can smell it from my living room. It's by far the smelliest weed I've ever had. Hopefully it stays around for a while.

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
crazy ****, but ya is a hell of a drug and i like it, love that purple blue berry yum yum my favorite home grown buds, ive used it before to bulk helps out with cramming those extra calories in, and knocks you out for a good nights rest to me, ur own opionion though

MassBuilda123

Awards

A quarter of coke between 3 people in one night is ridiculous. you must have had a huge problem which has probably left you with a deviated septum and/or heart problems. It had to have been shitty coke because if you did more than a gram of fish scales you would die.
No it was bomb ****.. and you're right.. I did learn from my mistake. I've had heart problems since.. and still do. The days of being a dumb **** doing **** without thinking.. snorting everything I could get my hands on. No more of that **** I'll tell ya.. it took a toll on me!

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
crazy ****, but ya is a hell of a drug and i like it, love that purple blue berry yum yum my favorite home grown buds, ive used it before to bulk helps out with cramming those extra calories in, and knocks you out for a good nights rest to me, ur own opionion though
Exactly!! Can't wait to incorporate a vaporizer into my bulk!

nofx4110

nofx4110

Awards
Sorry, that's not necessarily true. The purple color is caused by a nitrogen deficiency during the last period of the flowering phase and typically indicates that the chemical nutrients were flushed properly when dealing with hydro..
I have never heard that. That makes sense though because chlorophyll is made up of nitrogen. In this case it would be very desirable because it would taste fantastic, it would be even better if it were grown in soil.

You are right that cold temps do help with THC production but as far as I know this shouldn't cause discoloring unless you really overdo it and get cell damage, in which case it would be more brown.
Look at the strains like kush. Low temperatures also break down chlorophyll, so it wont be brown. It is just another caues of purple I guess.

You are also right that most people won't notice a difference. If you cure weed that was properly flushed it will taste a bit better and some people say it's less harsh but it's not a huge difference unless the grower doesn't flush at all
When it hasn't been flushed it tastes so bad!

nofx4110

nofx4110

Awards
No it was bomb ****.. and you're right.. I did learn from my mistake. I've had heart problems since.. and still do. The days of being a dumb **** doing **** without thinking.. snorting everything I could get my hands on. No more of that **** I'll tell ya.. it took a toll on me!
that sux man. Did you get angina?

nofx4110

nofx4110

Awards
:nono:

I don't tuck it between my legs, I let it go down my right jeans leg.
UH OH! your a badass! I hope I never get on your bad side or you might beat me to death with you baseball bat sized **** that barely fits inside a women!!!

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
UH OH! your a badass! I hope I never get on your bad side or you might beat me to death with you baseball bat sized **** that barely fits inside a women!!!
I only use my powers for doing good.

Wanna go play ball?

may19th2001

may19th2001

Awards
Re:

This thread is a trip it get me laughing by looking at it it gives me a natural high.

Nice post...

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm interested in seeing Marijuana decriminalized/Legalized because I also want to see research results from unbiased objective studies and see what happens as measured by science without any hype/bias.

And to also increase personal research, I'm still researching very hard everyday, trying to find results.

I've been to Amsterdam before and had a great time........:D

If America was a bit more like Amsterdam in that aspect.....it would be even better :D

Can anyone imagine what the new hostess products are going to include? Or the new USP Post WO product, now with new THC formula for maximum muscle gain! better than Prime! :lol: JK.....

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
I'm interested in seeing Marijuana decriminalized/Legalized because I also want to see research results from unbiased objective studies and see what happens as measured by science without any hype/bias.

And to also increase personal research, I'm still researching very hard everyday, trying to find results.

I've been to Amsterdam before and had a great time........:D

If America was a bit more like Amsterdam in that aspect.....it would be even better :D

Can anyone imagine what the new hostess products are going to include? Or the new USP Post WO product, now with new THC formula for maximum muscle gain! better than Prime! :lol: JK.....
I dream of going to Amsterdam. I will one day.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I dream of going to Amsterdam. I will one day.
Go before 2011, they're going to close the red light district.....:nono: :( :nutkick:

But all the cafe's will remain and hopefully, there'll still be dutch people around by then.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
Go before 2011, they're going to close the red light district.....:nono: :( :nutkick:

But all the cafe's will remain and hopefully, there'll still be dutch people around by then.
That's no good. Well I have a couple of years. So Omen,from your research what's your favorite way to use weed to your advantage? I'm getting a vapolution soon so it's on.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That's no good. Well I have a couple of years. So Omen,from your research what's your favorite way to use weed to your advantage? I'm getting a vapolution soon so it's on.
I do not advocate nor use illegal drugs and think people who do should be imprisoned for life. :D

However, if one had to use it, I would say, before low intensity cardio(swimming,walking,anything where breathing is only a little faster but can still breathe through nose) even during is fine.

Around workouts, I would say after workouts or 4-5 hours before, of course 5 hrs before and after is even better. :D

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
I do not advocate nor use illegal drugs and think people who do should be imprisoned for life. :D

However, if one had to use it, I would say, before low intensity cardio(swimming,walking,anything where breathing is only a little faster but can still breathe through nose) even during is fine.

Around workouts, I would say after workouts or 4-5 hours before, of course 5 hrs before and after is even better. :D
"Drugs are bad! I don't do drugs." -Thurgood Jenkins

It doesn't get much better right before the meal after my post-workout shake. My appetite is huge!!!

dpfisher

I was just having a conversation with a friend about bread... anyway the phrase "That's a metric ****ton of carbs" came up and he asked if I was on a low carb diet or something

Me: "No, I just try to keep carbs to a reasonable percent of my caloric intake. It usually works, unless I have both cereal and weed in the house. I realized this was a problem and I needed to stop"

Him: "You don't smoke anymore?"

Me: "What? No, I don't buy cereal anymore"

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
I was just having a conversation with a friend about bread... anyway the phrase "That's a metric ****ton of carbs" came up and he asked if I was on a low carb diet or something

Me: "No, I just try to keep carbs to a reasonable percent of my caloric intake. It usually works, unless I have both cereal and weed in the house. I realized this was a problem and I needed to stop"

Him: "You don't smoke anymore?"

Me: "What? No, I don't buy cereal anymore"
:lol: