Anyone ever use Lamisil? It work?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Heard it's a nasty drug but my toes look like crap and creasm/topicals didnt work.

glg

glg

Awards
  • Established
Worked very well for me. What do you mean when you say you've heard it's nasty?

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lamisil? The oral right? I've prescribed it to my marines on several occasions. It's worked well each time. You should get liver function tests while on it and drinking alcohol or taking steroids particularly methyls are NOT recommended. Otherwise no worries.

glg

glg

Awards
  • Established
I haven't done the oral only topical. I have heard that the oral needs a lot more care in use.

Whacked, I assume the nails are lifting, turning the ugly grey.black etc. are you experiencing issues with the flesh between the toes also or just the nail type fungus?

I got a syringe, very small like a diabetic one, to squirt the cream as far up under the nail bed as possible and rubbed it into the areas around/between the toes for good measure. So it stays more localized v.s. the orals which hit your whole system.

My last wife, may she rest in peace, used both and the topical seemed to be more effective for her than the oral.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Lamisil? The oral right? I've prescribed it to my marines on several occasions. It's worked well each time. You should get liver function tests while on it and drinking alcohol or taking steroids particularly methyls are NOT recommended. Otherwise no worries.
Every try Boric Acid?

That stuff kills mold, mildew, insects(not instantly) it's more of a preventer by dehydrating their bodies and killing them, it's found in a lot of fruits, some eye droppers have boric acid in them, the only acid beneficial to the eyes.

For athletes foot, I sprinkled some on my feet, some in my shoes and repeated......haven't had any problems since a few months ago....

I still put it on 3 times a week, just in case....it also helps when you get some sun barefoot(1hr+), don't wear socks and buy shoes that have a breathable top.

Showers have to be cleaned too, because that sh*t will spread and stay there and despite the popular myth, bleach doesn't kill em all, but boric acid does.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anyone NOT have success with it? I hear it only works 50% of the time.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Anyone NOT have success with it? I hear it only works 50% of the time.
Lamisil?

I used that crap, didn't do **** for me.

Boric Acid killed it off I think in less than a week, took a few more for the color to be 100% normal.

Never got it back, 1.5 years ago now.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What was your regimen and is there a specific type/where'd you get it?

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
http://www.biconet.com/home/boricAcid.html

Here's what I did:

You'll need spray bottle, metal scrubber and a bucket.

Put boric acid in the bucket and water, you want to make it a little bit thicker than a solution, scrub down every single tile floor, wall, soap holder, etc... in your bathroom, if you have any discolored areas, scrub them till they're gone, every home has mold and mildew in it, bleach does not kill 100% of mold and mildew, despite popular belief.

What it doesn't kill, it bleaches....great way to not solve a problem, plus it's toxic in confined areas.

Do not rinse it off, leave it for 20-30 mins, rinse it and air the place good to get rid of the humidity.

Also, on the carpeting, put the powder on the carpet, and brush it with your hand to make it go in, that will kill mold, mildew and boric acid is extremely toxic to insects.

Now, after your shower in the morning, put some boric acid in your shoe, sprinkle it over your feet, making sure it goes in toe nails, etc....

If you follow that, you will see results within a few days/week.

A few pointers:

-Boric acid is not toxic, it as "toxic" as table salt.

-You will notice less insects in your house.

-Most fruits have boric acid in them.

-Boric acid is the only acid beneficial to the human eyes. (DO NOT put it in your eyes though, it must be prepared to a certain concentration under sterile conditions)

-It's the only thing that ever worked for me without any side effects and minimal cost for Athletes foot and acne, it works great on acne, a little bit of powder with a few drops of water left on the face for a few hours or over night.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks. Wouldn't it be more sensible to apply directly to the affected toe nail with some topical "agent" perhaps?