When did you realise it was time to settle down (girlfriend)

hyper24

hyper24

Awards
Ok im looking for advice and other peoples experience here.

I feel like im never going to be able to settle down, I go from girl to girl like they were protein shakes.
Sometimes I find a great one and hook up with her for a good several months. Shell be the greatest thing ever and I feel like shes someone I could settle down with.

But theres always a nagging feeling in the back of my head saying shes not the one. So I move on (even though it hurts me to leave them but I do and get over the pain and just keep playing the game)

What I want to know, how many people were like this? did you use to go out and pick up flat stick then one day just meet someone that made you want to settle down, or did you force yourself once you got to a certain age?

I feel like the male mentality in me is never going to let me settle because I want to **** the **** out of as many chicks as I can.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established

I feel like im never going to be able to settle down, I go from girl to girl like they were protein shakes.
Sometimes I find a great one and hook up with her for a good several months. Shell be the greatest thing ever and I feel like shes someone I could settle down with.

But theres always a nagging feeling in the back of my head saying shes not the one. So I move on (even though it hurts me to leave them but I do and get over the pain and just keep playing the game)

What I want to know, how many people were like this? did you use to go out and pick up flat stick then one day just meet someone that made you want to settle down, or did you force yourself once you got to a certain age?

I feel like the male mentality in me is never going to let me settle because I want to **** the **** out of as many chicks as I can.
I don't believe in relationships, humans are not monogamous hence all the cheating and divorces.

Marriage IMO is sexual enslavement to someone else, f**k getting married, what makes you think you need marriage or a steady gf to be happy?

I will never get married or have a steady gf.......that sh*t is not natural.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Im very similar. Even when i find someone i like i always think, nah, she cant be the one. But im sure like everyone says one day you will meet someone that will be worth making sacrifices for and settling down. Everyone can be taimed at some point.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
I don't believe in relationships, humans are not monogamous hence all the cheating and divorces.

Marriage IMO is sexual enslavement to someone else, f**k getting married, what makes you think you need marriage or a steady gf to be happy?

If i didnt want kids id probably have a similar attitude. But i do so i don't.

hyper24

hyper24

Awards
Yeah one day I want to have kids and a wife, house etc all that crap. But I always feel like there is someone better out there.
Im curious, is this the normal male feeling because we want to **** everything or is there really someone out there who is going to make me really say wow and want to settle down.

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
I think you will always strive for someone better, but when you do find the right person, you will realize it. The thoughts of trying to find someone else will fade, it doesn't matter how many girls you have been with, you also have to take into consideration what type of girl they are, your not going to "find the right one" when the girl is a whore.

wrkn4bigrmusles

Awards
  • Established

i been happy and I havent kept a gf longer then 30 days. Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free.

hyper24

hyper24

Awards
Allstar that goes without saying, Ive hooked up with a couple of whores when im drunk and u really care bout is getting ur socks off. But not being able to hold a decent convo with them is the biggest turn off.

But the thing is, ive found girls who are my type. They have a uni education like me, a successful job, own investment houses/properties. Are really just well setup and smart. Some have had there own business. Beautiful yada yada yada. These are the girls I end up hooking up with for say 6 months but then just end up moving on.

I want to hear people who are in a serious relationship who know its the one, or who are married.
Did you go through heaps of girls and then found "the one"
As the only people I know who are truly happy like this are the ones who are still with there first bf/gf. Because they have never had anyone else and dont have the urge for it.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
If you were buying a house to live in for a few years.. how many houses would you look at before you bought?

Now when considering girlfriends i think the more you shop around the better, youve got your whole life to get stuck with one vag.

Enjoy being single and know that when you find the right one you will like her more and more instead of less as the novelty of fresh vag wears off and you actually have to like who they are.

Hope this isnt too vulgar.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
hyper24, I'm assuming you're fairly young (<30). I was just like you....girl, to girl, to girl, etc. Never wanted to get married, never wanted a hardcore g/f, no kids (nooooo!) etc, etc. Then, after a while, as you AGE (heh), mature, get a career rolling, get your education taken care of, experience life more, evolve your religion (Christianity here), your "real life" and desires begins to materialize.

I was at a club (in these parts I'd call it a bar w/a dance floor) here about 6 months ago and I met this horribly cute tiny girl there. She is my g/f now and I'm not interested in other girls. She's just a hoot to be around, a very good girl (religious and sweet as can be), funny and so adorable you seriously just want to squeeze her to pieces (my type of girl). So we have been going strong for 6 months and I look forward to seeing her everyday even though we live together (yep, it's like that). Is she future wifey? Don't know, but so far it looks promising. I don't wish for marriage or work toward it, it just has to happen (spares you the religious component).

:) Hope that helps a bit. Good luck with finding Ms. Right.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
hyper24, I'm assuming you're fairly young (<30). I was just like you....girl, to girl, to girl, etc. Never wanted to get married, never wanted a hardcore g/f, no kids (nooooo!) etc, etc. Then, after a while, as you AGE (heh), mature, get a career rolling, get your education taken care of, experience life more, evolve your religion (Christianity here), your "real life" and desires begins to materialize.

I was at a club (in these parts I'd call it a bar w/a dance floor) here about 6 months ago and I met this horribly cute tiny girl there. She is my g/f now and I'm not interested in other girls. She's just a hoot to be around, a very good girl (religious and sweet as can be), funny and so adorable you seriously just want to squeeze her to pieces (my type of girl). So we have been going strong for 6 months and I look forward to seeing her everyday even though we live together (yep, it's like that). Is she future wifey? Don't know, but so far it looks promising. I don't wish for marriage or work toward it, it just has to happen (spares you the religious component).

:) Hope that helps a bit. Good luck with finding Ms. Right.

ah something I can agree with....(I wont add in the religious extremism some people know me for) so except for a few things i completely agree. Though I have become much more...relaxed about everything. Slowly falling victim to being 22 lol.

But I believe its not a sacrifice to be married to someone because of the loss of a bunch of sex toys. the sacrifice comes from dedication, commitment, and giving and taking. I dont believe for 1 second man was meant to walk around like a savage animal looking for whatever he can mount.....

A great relationship, someone who you trust with your life, you know will be there for your kids if something happens to you, and who you could tell your worst secrets too and never worry about their opinion of you changing....that beats random girls and short term g/f's every time.

First things first, you most likely have a mentality that is actually afraid. I have seen many people with that mindset end up lonely, older, and stuck in bars looking for their fix. The longer you wait to find someone for a long term/permanent attachment the less you can actually be attached, psychologically speaking.

Psychologically, sex creates a bond. And that is why a husband and wife can grow so strong together. The reason we have so much cheating, and bad marriages today is because people have sex with so many people, their ability to form those chemically induced bonds are gone. its like a stim, you overuse them and they dont work no more. Man was not meant to run around like such. we were meant for 1 partner for life, though i can see if people had 1 or two before its no big deal(i am no virgin and I am not with her no more).

But if you find a girl, who has been with 24 diff guys, what can she do with you that is special, intimate, and new.....yeah.... so how can you form intimate bonds, which is a major part of a relationship? I mean it can happen, but its alot harder, and its alot easier for things to fall apart.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
You eventually will get tired of all of it all,.. well I did. I mean, hittin' the bars and clubs and takin' a chick home does get boring after awhile.
I'll be honest with you,... I tried online dating to meet a quality person, and it worked. Been together over a year,... can't say for sure if she's the ONE,... but it feels so right!!!

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
I think you need to stop "looking" and just let it happen naturally. I stopped looking and one day, believe it or not, I was online on one of those social sites (Black Planet), and found my lady. we have been together for 4 yrs now, getting married next year. Now this might be out of the norm, but my point is, when you stop looking, you tend find just what you want. Take some time to get to know YOU, and what YOU really want out of life, and love. A lot of us, and I say us, because I used to do it, don't really know what we want, and end up hurting others as well as ourselves in the process of that search. If YOU don't really know what YOU want, then YOU can't expect the someone else to know. Find YOU, and SHE will find YOU.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
You eventually will get tired of all of it all,.. well I did. I mean, hittin' the bars and clubs and takin' a chick home does get boring after awhile.
I'll be honest with you,... I tried online dating to meet a quality person, and it worked. Been together over a year,... can't say for sure if she's the ONE,... but it feels so right!!!
Yes, it does get old! You won't believe it if you're in your early 20s..but it WILL get old. And so does the self-question, "****, I wonder if I got some nasty disease from that girl....hmmm....dammit! F.UCK!" I got tired of the pannick attacks and STD testing.....tired of being a dumb fuq.

And don't think eating pu.ssy is safe either. Jimmy hats don't do sh!t...don't let them fool you. No joke.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I think you need to stop "looking" and just let it happen naturally. I stopped looking and one day, believe it or not, I was online on one of those social sites (Black Planet), and found my lady. we have been together for 4 yrs now, getting married next year. Now this might be out of the norm, but my point is, when you stop looking, you tend find just what you want. Take some time to get to know YOU, and what YOU really want out of life, and love. A lot of us, and I say us, because I used to do it, don't really know what we want, and end up hurting others as well as ourselves in the process of that search. If YOU don't really know what YOU want, then YOU can't expect the someone else to know. Find YOU, and SHE will find YOU.
actually finding people online is not out of the norm nowadays.

many great people, and often great looking, go online. All they ever find are deuschbags at bars or guys who cant commit(sorry OP), so the try to find the intelligent gentleman instead.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Yes, it does get old! You won't believe it if you're in your early 20s..but it WILL get old. And so does the self-question, "****, I wonder if I got some nasty disease from that girl....hmmm....dammit! F.UCK!" I got tired of the pannick attacks and STD testing.....tired of being a dumb fuq.

And don't think eating pu.ssy is safe either. Jimmy hats don't do sh!t...don't let them fool you. No joke.
LOL, i hope you made it through ok.....

But on a serious note, I am 22, ready for a wife and kids :p not into the swinging scene.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
I agree 100%, also consider making different choices if the old you picked up hunnies from the bar "looking for love in all the wrong places". Make room in your life for the woman of your dreams, figure out what the woman of your dreams is... I simply sat in bed one night after reading a book, i stated in my mind "i want someone to like ME for ME, someone i can like for her for her, smart, funny, fit and a girl who doesnt want to change me, beautiful inside and out....... with a great ass!"
I swear to you my friend I pictured a hot slim but curvy redhead (never ever dated a redhead) with curly hair (love that) and i met this girl at an awards show for rugby and she doesnt drink so it was total chance she would ever encounter me. We have been dating for 8 months, she is all that i asked for and does accept me for me and if i wish to make changes she supports them instead of expecting me to fit her predetermined mould.

So think, re think then just ask, think about what you want and act from a position that allows you to be able to recieve it. If you want a girl unlike any other youve met, look in a place youve never looked before. And by look i mean be open to it (even if at first you think its unlikely) and present yourself as dateable. enjoy.

hyper24

hyper24

Awards
Thanks guys it helps alot to know it is possible. I guess im just scared of wanting to fck around my whole life and ending up alone. (fck these elevated estrogen levels, *me* grabs for the arimidex)

If I could write down on paper eveyrthing I wanted in a girl, the girl im with now is exactly that. But still for some reason I want to fck around. Maybe i'm just too young or maybe if i have to think this hard about her she just isnt right.

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
Then if you still feel that I want to fu..ck around feeling, you are NOT ready to settle down, and she may not be the ONE. Trust your heart, not your head or your d1ck. When the ONE comes along, you will know. You won't even have to wonder or question.

whiskers

whiskers

Banned
Awards
  • Established

The older I get, the more I think that way.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys it helps alot to know it is possible. I guess im just scared of wanting to fck around my whole life and ending up alone. (fck these elevated estrogen levels, *me* grabs for the arimidex)

If I could write down on paper eveyrthing I wanted in a girl, the girl im with now is exactly that. But still for some reason I want to fck around. Maybe i'm just too young or maybe if i have to think this hard about her she just isnt right.
just be careful.....there is many a guy who realized he actually ditched "the one" be cause he wasnt sure.

DEADn

DEADn

Awards
I debated on whether I should respond to this post.
I married a Filipina and actually flew over there to meet her for the first time. Previously we have written letters as pen pals then I got online and we emailed. It was only after 3 years of this did any fire of love kindle and it started with me and it shocked the crap out of me.

I was always scared of marriage and never could see myself getting married at all. I would frown on it when someone asked me about it. With this girl I found several things. She had a genuine love in her which was vastly different from what I found in many American girls. It was strange really. I also saw the way she watched out for me and was very detail orientated in all manner of life. I thought, take all of this with the combination of what I felt in my heart I had better make a move otherwise a good fish will get away from me. So we married in Dec 2001 and been going strong ever since. I was 32 and she was 25. I am now 39 and she is 32

When she came here even my mom and brother told me that I really picked a good one. The girl is smart as a whip to.....makes me feel like a chump sometimes because of it.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Actually humans are and were monogamous; it is actually most likely one of the reasons we pervaded as the dominant Homo species. Unlike other species, Homo Sapiens Sapiens create monogamous pair-bonds based on emotional trustworthiness, ability to reproduce, ability to survive, and complex attraction mechanisms. This convergence of factors leads to monogamous pair-bonding - even outside of the menstrual cycle - and a high emotional and physical investment in off-spring; both in respects to your own offspring, and the offspring of others in the pack. It is actually this cohesiveness and emotional proclivity that allowed us to pervade and flourish.

As humans are the definition of social creatures, absolute promiscuity is antithetical to survival, and so, we are instinctually monogamous at certain points. For example, in an early tribal society promiscuity may have upset the fragile social balance of power, and led to exile; such actions would be a veritable death sentence, as human's dominance stems from deliberate, cohesive, rational, and emotional thought. As well, the emotional intelligence of human plays a large role in our development and the maintenance of social bonds - new research actually suggests that emotional intelligence is more highly involved in success than intellectual intelligence, due to the ability to interpret and react to social cues. Such skills would have been paramount to the early successful human, and complete promiscuity is tantamount to that success. We instinctually bred monogamously because monogamous pair-bonding was an evolutionary necessity: After the fall of Dinosaurs, Mammals emerged as niche creatures, primarily nocturnal, and developed an intense sociality as a means through which to survive. Over millennia of evolution, this certain propensity for monogamy became engrained as a survival mechanism, and later was infused with psychological, emotional, social and cultural contexts. As I said previously, this psychological development most likely allowed us to prevail over other Homo Species, as our emotional capacities allowed our social bonds to be more cohesive - i.e., the ability to read and react to pack members in the most beneficial manner for all in the pack.

Obviously, variations within the genetic code permit non-monogamously tuned individuals, or even periods in which the same individual varies his/her or her preference; however, the concept that humans procreated like other mammalian species (low investment in offspring, lack of parenting past gestation and early-birth, multiple simultaneous partners and so forth) is outdated. It is precisely the lack of this behavior which made us so dominant.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Actually humans are and were monogamous; it is actually most likely one of the reasons we pervaded as the dominant Homo species.
Nice speculation, I disagree...do you have any proof?

Unlike other species, Homo Sapiens Sapiens create monogamous pair-bonds based on emotional trustworthiness, ability to reproduce, ability to survive, and complex attraction mechanisms.
Again, so you say, this is now prevalent because of civilization, I'm talking about natural without altruism and model shaping based on what's socially acceptable.

This convergence of factors leads to monogamous pair-bonding - even outside of the menstrual cycle - and a high emotional and physical investment in off-spring; both in respects to your own offspring, and the offspring of others in the pack. It is actually this cohesiveness and emotional proclivity that allowed us to pervade and flourish.
From personal experience, I disagree, I've had sex with a lot of married women and women in relationships, a surprisingly high number of just married/attached women....I'd say an equal amount, sometimes even the majority are willing to cheat with little resistance, some require more "push" but most women are not monogamous based on my experience, not on some "theory".

As humans are the definition of social creatures, absolute promiscuity is antithetical to survival, and so, we are instinctually monogamous at certain points. For example, in an early tribal society promiscuity may have upset the fragile social balance of power, and led to exile; such actions would be a veritable death sentence, as human's dominance stems from deliberate, cohesive, rational, and emotional thought.
No, Polygamy is not, we are definitely NOT instinctively monogamous, not only does my experience prove otherwise, but also research is disagreeing with this. You mention "tribal societies" again, this is social taboo when rules and "elders" etc... are put in place, I'm taking without any inhibtions or "learning" humans are not monogamous at all, hence the high failure rate of marriages and relationships.

As well, the emotional intelligence of human plays a large role in our development and the maintenance of social bonds - new research actually suggests that emotional intelligence is more highly involved in success than intellectual intelligence, due to the ability to interpret and react to social cues.
EQ is still a theory which I disagree with, actually just had to write something about in a course, total BS. If it changes I think it can have a place, but the way it's heading now, it's complete BS...

And this research sounds like a bunch of bull, EQ is a better predictor of success than IQ? Again, both are flawed and this is just "research"

Such skills would have been paramount to the early successful human, and complete promiscuity is tantamount to that success. We instinctually bred monogamously because monogamous pair-bonding was an evolutionary necessity
Oh it was?.....:think:

:icon_lol:

procreated like other mammalian species (low investment in offspring, lack of parenting past gestation and early-birth, multiple simultaneous partners and so forth) is outdated. It is precisely the lack of this behavior which made us so dominant.
So you say. What makes you think that in absence of monogamy the above applies?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice speculation, I disagree...do you have any proof?
Are the entire fields of Anthropology, Sociology, Behavioral Psychology and Evolutionary Theory enough? I would hope so. As I said, monogamous pair-bonding and high-investment in offspring and mates increases mutual survival over gestation and separation.

Again, so you say, this is now prevalent because of civilization, I'm talking about natural without altruism and model shaping based on what's socially acceptable.
Huh? Mammals, even ones who are do not monogamously pair-bond, are altruistic. Altruism most often refers to animal behavior. You may be confused there?

From personal experience, I disagree, I've had sex with a lot of married women and women in relationships, a surprisingly high number of just married/attached women....I'd say an equal amount, sometimes even the majority are willing to cheat with little resistance, some require more "push" but most women are not monogamous based on my experience, not on some "theory".
I always get a rise out of Dick Quotes: Derisive quotations placed around a particular word to denote its insignificance. At any rate, we are not necessarily absolutely monogamous, but it is a part of our predisposition to be monogamous with certain partners for certain periods of time. Even those married women were.

No, Polygamy is not, we are definitely NOT instinctively monogamous, not only does my experience prove otherwise, but also research is disagreeing with this. You mention "tribal societies" again, this is social taboo when rules and "elders" etc... are put in place, I'm taking without any inhibtions or "learning" humans are not monogamous at all, hence the high failure rate of marriages and relationships.
Research, you say? In what field? Most of the research I have seen in Comparative Psychology, Behavioral Psychology, Sociology, and Evolution Theory completely disagrees with you. I am open to see what you have, though.

EQ is still a theory which I disagree with, actually just had to write something about in a course, total BS. If it changes I think it can have a place, but the way it's heading now, it's complete BS...
So you feel. Explain your position.

And this research sounds like a bunch of bull, EQ is a better predictor of success than IQ? Again, both are flawed and this is just "research"
Well, my friend, an inherent ability to navigate emotional cues allows one to make proper decisions in emotionally charged situations. Last time I checked, and this is not a "theory" we as humans are quite the emotional creatures.

Oh it was?.....:think:

:icon_lol:
Most probably, but you are welcome to infer on an alternative from your class.

Much rhetoric, no substance.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established

Yes! Preach it!

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm gonna have to agree with Omen
Egadz! My world is crushed! I suppose I will be consoled by every field I mentioned above siding with me.

:lol:

I suppose my use of monogamy above was vague, though; further elaboration is necessary. However, I simply do not care enough to.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Since they both have amazing multi-quote skills, I'll probably just have to side with the Canadian. JK :)

Not trying to hi-jack this thread; I can't answer the OP's question because I'm still hooking up all the time, but I appreciate the replies guys. :thumbsup:

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Are the entire fields of Anthropology, Sociology, Behavioral Psychology and Evolutionary Theory enough? I would hope so. As I said, monogamous pair-bonding and high-investment in offspring and mates increases mutual survival over gestation and separation.

Huh? Mammals, even ones who are do not monogamously pair-bond, are altruistic. Altruism most often refers to animal behavior. You may be confused there?

I always get a rise out of Dick Quotes: Derisive quotations placed around a particular word to denote its insignificance. At any rate, we are not necessarily absolutely monogamous, but it is a part of our predisposition to be monogamous with certain partners for certain periods of time. Even those married women were.

Research, you say? In what field? Most of the research I have seen in Comparative Psychology, Behavioral Psychology, Sociology, and Evolution Theory completely disagrees with you. I am open to see what you have, though.

So you feel. Explain your position.

Well, my friend, an inherent ability to navigate emotional cues allows one to make proper decisions in emotionally charged situations. Last time I checked, and this is not a "theory" we as humans are quite the emotional creatures.

Most probably, but you are welcome to infer on an alternative from your class.

Much rhetoric, no substance.
I'd reply again, but this is too boring, I'm 100% dead set that humans are not monogamous. Altruism is also further taught to kids from a young age, I'm not talking about altruism in it's naturally occuring form, I'm talking about taught altruism, big difference.

There are many articles and researches and studies that strongly disagree with your theories, but I really have no interest in looking for them, posting them and keep saying I know monogamy is a myth over and over again while you keep saying it's not.

If you need the search terms, let me know.

Plus, no matter what "theory" they come up with, I have my experiences, plus the social construct of today with it's altruism and taboos, religion, etc... doesn't allow the true nature of humans to be expressed.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd reply again, but this is too boring, I'm 100% dead set that humans are not monogamous. Altruism is also further taught to kids from a young age, I'm not talking about altruism in it's naturally occuring form, I'm talking about taught altruism, big difference.

There are many articles and researches and studies that strongly disagree with your theories, but I really have no interest in looking for them, posting them and keep saying I know monogamy is a myth over and over again while you keep saying it's not.

If you need the search terms, let me know.

Plus, no matter what "theory" they come up with, I have my experiences, plus the social construct of today with it's altruism and taboos, religion, etc... doesn't allow the true nature of humans to be expressed.
Thanks bud, but I think I am alright without the search terms you learned in your one class. :)

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
I heard in one class (can't remember which), that females were by nature monogamous and males by nature sought many mates. They even went on to say that the shape at the tip of the penis was like that to scoop out competitors sperm.

I don't necessarily buy that though. I am too stupid to even think about handling more than one woman. I would go crazy and get all my lies all confused.

Maybe other people can handle several women. Not me.

hyper24

hyper24

Awards
I always think about what our most basic instincts are. I don't need any class to tell me what they are, obviously the first one is survival.
I would think for a male a close second would be to spread your seed, as many times with as many people as you can. As breeding is the key to survival also.

But I always thought this is where females differ, where females primal instincts are to raise their children. Opposed to the males make as many as possible.

Would explain why females are so willing to settle down opposed to males.

On top of all of this, we are now civilized, and because of this we get our priorities mixed up. eg: thinking is correct for a male to settle down with one girl.
Now I have no problem with settling down with one girl, as I want all that crap one day. But i always think because of the more basic instincts we have it makes it very very hard.

I know research may say different, but im just going on how i feel.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
I always think about what our most basic instincts are. I don't need any class to tell me what they are, obviously the first one is survival.
I would think for a male a close second would be to spread your seed, as many times with as many people as you can. As breeding is the key to survival also.

But I always thought this is where females differ, where females primal instincts are to raise their children. Opposed to the males make as many as possible.

Would explain why females are so willing to settle down opposed to males.

On top of all of this, we are now civilized, and because of this we get our priorities mixed up. eg: thinking is correct for a male to settle down with one girl.
Now I have no problem with settling down with one girl, as I want all that crap one day. But i always think because of the more basic instincts we have it makes it very very hard.

I know research may say different, but im just going on how i feel.
You are not an animal in fact that which sets you apart from animals is your ability to think and chose what you will do and act upon.

Survival is easy, its mastering love and peace that make humans great, there is no need to consider the most basic instincs unless you are having trouble surviving or a basic organism.

hyper24

hyper24

Awards
Yeah that is a good point somewhatgifted.

But my concern is, ill always feel these urges of wanting to pick up every hot chick I see.

What I want to know is, will this feeling every go away once you find "that right person" or will that urge always be there and one day will I just have to learn how to control it?

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Survival is easy, its mastering love and peace that make humans great, there is no need to consider the most basic instincs unless you are having trouble surviving or a basic organism.
Peace and love make human beings great? Is that just a self-evident statement or can you substantiate that?

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I heard in one class (can't remember which), that females were by nature monogamous and males by nature sought many mates. They even went on to say that the shape at the tip of the penis was like that to scoop out competitors sperm.

I don't necessarily buy that though. I am too stupid to even think about handling more than one woman. I would go crazy and get all my lies all confused.

Maybe other people can handle several women. Not me.
Who said anything about lies?

I never told or mislead a woman that I wanted a relationship, in fact, every single female I went out with, I specifically said "I don't do relationships" I never had someone say no because of that.

Women like sex with no strings attached too! :D

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established

I never told or mislead a woman that I wanted a relationship, in fact, every single female I went out with, I specifically said "I don't do relationships" I never had someone say no because of that.

Well no chick I was ever with was cool with sharing me.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well no chick I was ever with was cool with sharing me.
I don't mention it, unless I'm asked....plus, since we're not a relationship, she has no right to ask and it's only been brought up by say 1 or 2 girls, I was honest, didn't really affect anything.

If not, just lie :D

Dyou

Dyou

Awards
  • Established
i see a trend in most player type guys (me being one of them) they all say monogomy is unnatural and go through new girls daily. then somone they can actually respect and admire comes along and changes their mind. or they just get old and dont want to be alone anymore. either way i was in this same boat. i was single for 5 years and had NO desire to even go as far as "dating" a girl. 3 years ago i met a girl and we have been hooking up off and on since. ended up dating her and falling in love with her. things didnt work out but i still have much love for her and now i dont have any desire to whore around like i used to.

Dyou

Dyou

Awards
  • Established

they say they do but 9 times out of 10 they end up getting attached and wanting a relationship.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established

aahahahaha nice metaphor

Other people have gone deep into philosophy and just stuff that hurts my head. I'm a computer programmer, I only think mathematically.

If she can cook good food, clean the house, manage money wisely, give good blow jobs, wash the clothes, dry the clothes, iron the clothes and can last in a conversation... then she's worth more than just a single week or a single month.

Use the 80 / 20 rule. Say to yourself: this girl is 80% of what I want. But if i look for the 20% by screwing some hot blonde (or whatever), i'm gonna lose this 80%.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
People have a lot of urges that are not acted on. Just because you have them doesn't mean you can not be happy doing something else.

I don't think it's wise for someone to try and reason or trick themselves into settling down. Those are the types that end in divorce. You have to know that's what you want and not what you think you should want.

Also, personal experience matters very little when trying to justify the basic patterns of the entire human race. Marriages don't fail because of a lack of wanting to be with one person. They usually fail from finances and other stressors that cause them to seek satisfaction in the most basic of ways. Newness, stressless and lust.
Imho anyways

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
I'm a computer programmer, I only think mathematically.
programming !== math. Maybe you think in algorithms? In flowcharts?
If she can cook good food, clean the house, manage money wisely, give good blow jobs, wash the clothes, dry the clothes, iron the clothes and can last in a conversation... then she's worth more than just a single week or a single month.
That's just true.
Use the 80 / 20 rule. Say to yourself: this girl is 80% of what I want. But if i look for the 20% by screwing some hot blonde (or whatever), i'm gonna lose this 80%.
There's a 20/20 trade-off here: which is more important? The 20% you want that you're not getting - or the 20% you're getting that you don't want?

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
I have to say that I enjoy this thread tremendously.

I also would like Mullet's input on this, as I think that this thread could also be named:

"The Unintended Consequences of Feminism"

As you have said in so many words "Why buy the cow when the milk is free". And I have to agree with you here, why would you?

For the better part of the history of Western Civilization women who had indiscriminate sex with men were frowned upon by other members of the community. Marriage was essentially the only way that a man could reliably get laid and still act in accordance with social norms. Essentially marriage was the agreement that a man would give a woman children, security, and companionship for the exchange of sex. This is obviously the most simple explanation, but I am trying to type this while holding an infant. (I will get to that in a second)

Now we live in an age where this is not the case at all. Women were told that it is perfectly acceptable to be as promiscuous as they want, and you know what, they can, they just do so at the peril of settling down with a partner. Why would any single man tie himself to a single woman, get married, and take the chance of getting sodomized in divorce court?Why do that when the world is full of an endless supply of 18-24 year olds who are more than willing to fulfill your sexual desires? Hell, why did I do it?

I did it for love, and for a family.

I am a married man, happily at that, for closing in on 8 years now.

As crazy as it sounds I wanted a relationship and children from a very young age. I could deconstruct myself and go into how my lack of a functional and stable family unit could have contributed to this, but it doesn't really matter. I wanted to find a woman who I could love, and to have children. Well, I found that woman, and have the children to boot.

I wanted it, and you don't, this is probably why you haven't found the woman that you could settle down with yet. When you really want it, you will find it. That being said the only way I could possibly see the advantage of getting married is for the purpose of having children. If you don't want them, then why settle? The best women will stay the same age, and when you get too old for 18-24 year olds, you can be assured that there will be countless divorced and single women your age who are so afraid of dying alone and/or childless they will settle for almost anything (not disparaging you here, the point is you should have no trouble finding a mate).

Check out this article if you don't believe me:

http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200803/single-marry

If my wife died, or if by some chance we got a divorce I most certainly would not remarry. In fact once I was over my grief enough to walk, I would walk right into a doctors office and get a vasectomy. I have my family, I don't want another one, and I most certainly don't want to get married again. It isn't that I don't like being married, it is just that I have my family, and don't want another one, and would require the same in a mate. I don't want to put a woman in the position of being with me and hoping to change my mind, or worse trying to get pregnant to force me to do anything.

The other reason that I wouldn't want to be married is the expense of it. Marriage is expensive, I could go eat at nice restaurants and pay someone to clean my house twice a week, and still come off cheaper than being married.

Getting back to my original point, it doesn't really benefit a man to marry at this point in time. The incentive has been stripped away by easy sex, and the cost of divorce (financial and loss of family) has proven to be quite the deterrent.

I don't believe in the idea of "the perfect husband/wife", I seriously doubt the idea anyone is perfect for anyone else. Everyone has their own baggage, and as such there will be friction in every relationship. So I seriously doubt that it is just a matter of a man in your position finding the woman who will make you realize the error of having sex with as many women as possible. It is much more likely that you are just not ready to settle down with one woman. I think the more important question is whether or not you will ever want a wife or family.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have to say that I enjoy this thread tremendously.

I also would like Mullet's input on this, as I think that this thread could also be named:

"The Unintended Consequences of Feminism"
In terms of the abrasiveness toward females in general and/or the abasement of monogamy? I could not agree more, if that is what you are suggesting!

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
In terms of the abrasiveness toward females in general and/or the abasement of monogamy? I could not agree more, if that is what you are suggesting!
Yes.

It would seem that there is a burgeoning male indifference, if not downright hostility to the idea of marriage. There also seems to be in some, albeit fewer, cases of downright anti-female sentiment to be found in cyberspace. There are literally dozens of male anti-marriage sentiment websites littering cyberspace:

http://nomarriage.com/

I think though that it would be important to draw a distinction between anti-female and anti-feminist. I believe that one could be anti feminist, without being anti-female

Primarily I believe the anti-marriage sentiment is due to the sexual incentive to marry being removed in our culture. A close second to that would be the deterrant of divorce, which by in large favors the wife over the husband.

Assuming that this is correct, how far do you think the pendulum will swing in this direction? Could it go so far that we see polygamy becoming mainstream?