migranes...

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
when i used to have migraines, i was a kid. in looking back, i always got them when soccer season was over for a few months. so now i have a question.

Does anyone know anybody, in very good to excellent cardiovascular health that has migranes?

If you used to have migraines, and don't anymore, what do YOU think helped prevent them?

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
The people that I know that get migraines have no coping skills. Playing soccer may have helped you deal with stress then when you stopped the migraines returned, just a thought.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
The people that I know that get migraines have no coping skills. Playing soccer may have helped you deal with stress then when you stopped the migraines returned, just a thought.
i use to have terrible migraines when i was younger,the kind where your basically blind and you just can see parts of certain objects that you try to look at,but i dont get them anymore,i think i may have grew out of it.or maybe its just in remission?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
sorry if i didn't word that correctly FP. i don't have migraines anymore. i did get headaches every month growing up until i joined the army at 18. somehow, after running 4 miles a day, they never came back.

that's why i'm very curious about this. everyone i know that gets migraines is in terrible cardiovascular health.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
somehow, after running 4 miles a day, they never came back.

everyone i know that gets migraines is in terrible cardiovascular health.
i think they may be linked, but i would think that it has more to do with hormones than cardiovascular strength.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
sorry if i didn't word that correctly FP. i don't have migraines anymore. i did get headaches every month growing up until i joined the army at 18. somehow, after running 4 miles a day, they never came back.

that's why i'm very curious about this. everyone i know that gets migraines is in terrible cardiovascular health.
True migraine headaches are very specific and classic in their symptoms.

Young guys are actually MUCH more prone to what's called "Cluster" headaches. Genetic involvement, medications, caffeine/nicotene withdrawl, and stress can set off a classic migraine headache. Just because you're fit, doesn't protect against the potential.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
quite possible FP. stress from the army was nothing compared to the stress i had growing up.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
well just a thought. Migranes are caused by the blood vessels in your brain. Be it because they are restricted, or over stressed(such as high BP), so intense cardiovascular training could very theoretically improve your bodies functionality. Your body begins to respond differently the better shape you get in. Possible you could strengthen your body, and become resistant to it. it could also very well be the stress issue. better cardiovascular condition could result in reduction of issues that are involved in said system.

Being in good physical shape allows you to deal much better with stresses.

I used to get a pounding warm burning pain in my left ear a couple years ago when I picked back up running after HS. Havent had it in a long time, it just went away after I got in better shape.

God knows what our bodies could have been doing.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I used to get them when I was younger. I was a sugar monster back then. Always eating candy. That seems to be what caused them. Once I changed my diet and became healthier around the age of fifteen, they stopped.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I still get migraines. Plate drags across the gym give them to me often.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
wow. i always assumed this might be cardio related. thanks for the info so far guys.