Haunted houses

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well I'm enjoying the Haunted houses this year. I got to take my 7 yr old to 2 this year and he had a blast. It was so much fun to watch people scream like a little girl while my little one held his own!!

I love the fall and even though they don't scare me it is nice to do something different. I'm going to miss Oct!

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
LOL!..good for you!:wave:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
they are a lot of fun. My 5 1/2 year old likes them to a point. After a while however 1 of 2 things happen, she gets bored or too scared.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
they are a lot of fun. My 5 1/2 year old likes them to a point. After a while however 1 of 2 things happen, she gets bored or too scared.
LOL yeah my son wanted to go to the Haunted Hoochie here but I think it would be too much. The actors are allowed to touch you and they do. Its like full contact football going in ;) But with the chainsaws and actorsblocking and hitting I think it would scare him. Plus they had hollwood actors do the makeup and the scenes are graphic.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
that certainly could be too much, sounds like fun though

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Let's get a good list of the top rated haunted places by everyone. We travel quite a bit, and would definitely schedule certain trips around finding something worthwhile.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow... must be nice! All of the ones around my area are kinda cheesy. There's a lot of corn mazes, though. I've never been to one, but I could imagine that they'd be confusing. Corn scares me as is! If you've ever driven down a farm road in the pitch black and been flanked by 10-foot cornstalks on either side of you, it's quite the creeper!!

Yes, I am a city boy. Wife is from farm country, though. :lol:

I do love Halloween, though. I do that city's parade each year and try to have the gorriest stuff that I can do (on a budget). Last year I made the mistake of doing trick or treat at my house in SWAT gear instead of something creepy. All of the kids told me they were disappointed, so this year, it's nothing but blood and guts!! Each year, it's my goal to not buy enough candy for all the kids, and still retain some because most won't come near me to get it. I usually make atleast one kid cry. I LOVE IT!!!!

Does that make me a bad person? :rofl: :nutkick:

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Wow... must be nice! All of the ones around my area are kinda cheesy. There's a lot of corn mazes, though. I've never been to one, but I could imagine that they'd be confusing. Corn scares me as is! If you've ever driven down a farm road in the pitch black and been flanked by 10-foot cornstalks on either side of you, it's quite the creeper!!

I do love Halloween, though. I do that city's parade each year and try to have the gorriest stuff that I can do (on a budget). Last year I made the mistake of doing trick or treat at my house in SWAT gear instead of something creepy. All of the kids told me they were disappointed, so this year, it's nothing but blood and guts!! Each year, it's my goal to not buy enough candy for all the kids, and still retain some because most won't come near me to get it. I usually make atleast one kid cry. I LOVE IT!!!!

LMAO Well Tim it makes you fun! I'm the same way I love the holiday. Now did you do the SWAT gear with the sound of exploding grenades going off as they walked up?!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Admit it...it's the idea of being surrounded by all of that high GI starch that really scares you.

Not to mention realizing that a lot of it will find up in soda!!

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established

those kids were'nt afraid of your swat uniform,but you would def.scare the s#*t! out of the adults here in hawaii,with that 'get-up'!,people would think there was going to be a raid!..lol..lol.!:rofl:

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lmao!! If I was in Hawaii, I'd be dressing up like Dog Chapman!! I don't have a bullet-proof vest, but I did buy an actual Blackhawk swat vest for the occasion. (Yes, I go THAT far when I really want to pull something off!) I didn't carry for the parade, but for trick-or-treat, I put my 9mm Taurus in the holster! :lol: Unloaded of course... ;)

No, I didn't do grenade sounds. I usually pop in a CD in the living room and blast something, though. I have a really decent Polk 5.1 surround system that you can hear a block away at half volume. Last year I blasted Slipknot's Volume 3: The Subliminal Verses. This year, I'm planning on a compilation of goodies from Slipknot's newest "All Hope is Gone" and Otep's newest. I wonder how many will recognize the Otep tune "Eet the Children"?? HA!!

Actually, though I'm on a budget this year, I am dressing up Slipknot style. I couldn't afford one of their masks, so rather than copying them, I designed and made one of my own. Leather wrap around the head and the face is actually paper mache covered thick in quality latex paint - I can texture it however I like. (Not house paint, art paint.)

Next year should be fun. Izzie will be 1 and a few months by then, and we may take her out door to door. Well...her mom will. I still have kids to scare at home!! :head:

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
lmao!! If I was in Hawaii, I'd be dressing up like Dog Chapman!! I don't have a bullet-proof vest, but I did buy an actual Blackhawk swat vest for the occasion. (Yes, I go THAT far when I really want to pull something off!) I didn't carry for the parade, but for trick-or-treat, I put my 9mm Taurus in the holster! :lol: Unloaded of course... ;)

No, I didn't do grenade sounds. I usually pop in a CD in the living room and blast something, though. I have a really decent Polk 5.1 surround system that you can hear a block away at half volume. Last year I blasted Slipknot's Volume 3: The Subliminal Verses. This year, I'm planning on a compilation of goodies from Slipknot's newest "All Hope is Gone" and Otep's newest. I wonder how many will recognize the Otep tune "Eet the Children"?? HA!!

Actually, though I'm on a budget this year, I am dressing up Slipknot style. I couldn't afford one of their masks, so rather than copying them, I designed and made one of my own. Leather wrap around the head and the face is actually paper mache covered thick in quality latex paint - I can texture it however I like. (Not house paint, art paint.)

Next year should be fun. Izzie will be 1 and a few months by then, and we may take her out door to door. Well...her mom will. I still have kids to scare at home!! :head:
lol.!you really go all out..huh! im just waiting for you to say that g.w.a.r was dropping by also!..lol(j.k)lol.! well brother have fun and be safe!:wave:

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol.!you really go all out..huh! im just waiting for you to say that g.w.a.r was dropping by also!..lol(j.k)lol.! well brother have fun and be safe!:wave:
Thanks, man - you too, if you do this sort of thing.

I don't know GWAR, but my boss from my previous job woke up one night to her daughter being dropped off by their tour bus. They were playing a show in State College at some bar and she (the daughter) got to hang out with the band. My old boss said that they were nice folks and very friendly.

Oh, did I mention that for my house this year, I'm planning on lighting as many things on fire as possible? I've done candles in pumpkins, then glowsticks. People ripped off that idea the next year. So this year, it's flaming pumpkins and fire wherever I can (safely) put it!!! :head:

Caution: I'm dangerous AND crazy. :rofl:

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You should make a flaming pumpkin and then put a fog machine in it.. Carved flames. With a strobe behind it.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oooh...me thinkst you are on to something!! Don't have a fog machine yet. I usually get dry ice to play with, though. :D

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
my GF works @ the local house (Netherworld), and the stories she tells!

Nothing will test your love for your sweetie like having her come home from 'work' in professionally-done horror-movie make-up...("hi, honey! *kiss* Have a nice night?")

I should take pictures....

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
my GF works @ the local house (Netherworld), and the stories she tells!

Nothing will test your love for your sweetie like having her come home from 'work' in professionally-done horror-movie make-up...("hi, honey! *kiss* Have a nice night?")

I should take pictures....
PICS or I don't believe you. ;) :lol: Nude is optional, of course. I'd take anything. :rofl:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Halloween/october is by far my favorite time of year. It's what i miss most about not living in new england anymore. The culture up there really goes all out on halloween. Here in florida, it's a freakin' joke! These people could honestly care less.

I've decorated the outside of my house pretty good though. I do enjoy a good haunted house for sure. The one saving grace down here is "Halloween Horror Nights" at universal studios. It's very well done hollywood style, and actually pretty freaky. Have any of you ever been?

The wife and i do frequent visiting actual (or supposed) haunted locations. We've hit quite a few all over the country from california, to right here in florida. Definitely good times! :D

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
does everyone celebrate halloween the weekend before (this weekend) since the actual day falls on a thursday? I dont remember it like this when i was trick or treating but it seems some places have trick or treating on the weekend before. for example this sunday the 26th. Just wondering.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
All of our trick r treat activities are on the 30-1st. For the kids it is next Thursday, Fri and Sat are the bar parties.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
does everyone celebrate halloween the weekend before (this weekend) since the actual day falls on a thursday? I dont remember it like this when i was trick or treating but it seems some places have trick or treating on the weekend before. for example this sunday the 26th. Just wondering.
Halloween falls on a Friday this year.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
i loooooooove halloween. Me and my girlfriend went to one called the burial chamber on friday in neenah, WI. It was awesome. 2 haunted houses and a haunted woods... props and actors were awesome!