dizzaymn!

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
wish i could train and look like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! okay well maybe not that big cause i would scare myself in the mirror..

SCORPIO

Awards
  • Established
Now those are some big mofos! Every time I start thinking "I look big" I see a picture like this, which humbles me.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
i know i hate when someone tells you that you are big and all you can think about is people like that in the back of your head lol.. im always thinking "they dont even know big" haha.

GangstaJDog

Banned
Awards
Honestly I don't know why those guys are envied so much, all it takes is heavy juice and a few years. I know a few kid's around here who have been juicing (very stupidly, none know what clomid/nolva are and don't cycle) for about 2 years and are freaks - big fucking freaks, and they STARTED OUT juicing, no bodybuilding experience. They'll probably die at 25, but they're still big mofos. Obviously, if cycling, it would take longer, but my point is that pro bodybuilders are too highly reveered. Yes, it still take hard work and dedication, but it's not as hard to look like a freak as people make it seem by honoring the pros so much.

Rhapsody

Awards
Compare the abdominal muscles on each of them.

They are huge. But I think the black guy looks better because his size seems more proportioned to his height than the shorter guy. I think the shorter guy hit the spray on tan salon also....but he's still a big ass guy.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Honestly I don't know why those guys are envied so much, all it takes is heavy juice and a few years. I know a few kid's around here who have been juicing (very stupidly, none know what clomid/nolva are and don't cycle) for about 2 years and are freaks - big fucking freaks, and they STARTED OUT juicing, no bodybuilding experience. They'll probably die at 25, but they're still big mofos. Obviously, if cycling, it would take longer, but my point is that pro bodybuilders are too highly reveered. Yes, it still take hard work and dedication, but it's not as hard to look like a freak as people make it seem by honoring the pros so much.

riiiiight.. dude if you only knew.. you could take all the juice you want and you would never get that big.. hate to tell you... i would say only 2% of the people around even have close to the genetics to pull of a body like that.. they are envied not because of the juice they do but because it is such an art form in my opinion to be so big.. i mean look at a pic of ronnie's back. unbelievable that its even possible to have a back like that.

db682

Awards
  • Established
2% is still way to high bro. Were talking fractions of a percent when your getting into bodies like that.
Sure everyone can grow and get big but not everyone can grow that big, being that cut, and so well built.
It takes a lot more then steroids my friend.

db

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
2% is still way to high bro. Were talking fractions of a percent when your getting into bodies like that.
Sure everyone can grow and get big but not everyone can grow that big, being that cut, and so well built.
It takes a lot more then steroids my friend.

db
glad SOMEONE else realizes that lol

iron addict

Banned
Awards
  • Established
GangstaJDog,

You are absolutely clueless, and I won't even attempt to fill you in. I will say, it is best to talk about things that you have knowledge about though if you are to be taken seriously.

Iron Addict

size

Awards
  • Established
it takes much more than "heavy juice" to obtain any of these physiques. Anyone who thinks it is only using anabolics is dead wrong. if all it took was heavy usage of AAS you would see many more people looking this way. I ask you this question, have you ever seen anyone in your gym that look like that?

db682

Awards
  • Established
Mentzer, now that was a trully well built character. Size, you definitly picked a good one. He's one of my favs as well. And the mustache, he really knows how to wear it. :D

db

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
What about GH, insulin, and various thyroid drugs? When Andreas Munzer died they was an article listing all the drugs he was taking. It was a pretty long list. They estimated he spent about 50,000 to a 100,000 a year on drugs. Even the guys I have known to use steroids don't spend even close to that. Genetics is a part of it at the same time I think it's higher percentage than 1 or 2% that are capable of getting that big. I think it's probably 1 or 2 % is willing to take a chance with their lives by taking a large amount of drugs. I have seen guys that are pretty damn big in the gym. I disagree with you're comparison of the general population in the gym to a professional body builders. Mainly because not every one wants to look like that. Also, even people that do juice don't have access to the steroids that pros get all the time, the funds that a pro-body builder has, or want to take the amount of steroids that they take. I sure as hell wouldn't want to be as big as Cutler or Coleman. They are so big they couldn't get out of their own way and I sure as hell wouldn't want one of those GH guts that many pros have today. I am not going to put them on a pedestal saying they are one or two percent of the population capable of getting that big because there aren't that many people who want to take it to that level.

GangstaJDog

Banned
Awards
Haha, chill guys, I never said the guys I knew had Ronnie Coleman physiques. I'm not trying to start a flame war here. Of course not everyone can do that, do you think anyone who has decent experience bodybuilding doesn't know that? My main point was that people regard them as gods, even though the two main factors are 1)juice, and 2)genetics. So, to even further prove my point (in reference to factor 2), you're giving them such praise for having something beyond their or anyone else's control. That's like thinking someone is a badass for being tall...
No doubt they have amazingly rare physiques and work extremely hard to get them, I admire them too, but you guys focused on the wrong part of the story.

In NO WAY was I saying anyone can look just like Coleman, but I guess I was unclear on that so my fault.

size

Awards
  • Established
Everyone is entitled to there opinion. Personally, I do not like the physiques of today's bbers. However, their dedication is unreal. The drugs and amounts that guys use is totally unknown. I have never seen anything that prooved guys took X amt of drug Y.

I would never want to look like that b/c bbing is not the only thing in my life. I feel the huge physiques of today are not practical and limits their lives. I can't recall ever seening a bber of today doing a vacuum pose.

However, if you want to be that size great and good luck. I would prefer the zane and mentzer look.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
Good point about the vacume pose. Frank Zane's was insane. I remember watching pumping iron and seeing pictures of the old school guys and wanting to look like that. I can't say that about any of prose today.

PC1

Good point about the vacume pose. Frank Zane's was insane. I remember watching pumping iron and seeing pictures of the old school guys and wanting to look like that. I can't say that about any of prose today.
I agree with this. Many of today's bodybuilders have very similar looking physiques. They're undoubtedly much larger than guys 20 years ago, no doubt GH has a lot to do with it.

But the guys in the game 20 years ago all had a different look. Mentzer's physique was much different from Zanes, Zane from Schwarzeneggers, or Oliva, and so on.

And BTW, I don't care what anyone says, if either Schwarzenegger or Oliva were young men competing today, using GH and other advancements that weren't available during their day, either one of them would still rule the ranks of professional bodybuilding.

They both just had really full, amazingly shaped physiques.

But who cares, the point is moot since they're both no longer in the game.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I too, have much more respect for the physiques of the Golden Era. Today's guys are just too big. Ronnie Coleman looks more like some sort of animal then a real person (seriously reminds me of a dinosaur). Its cool to look at, but I don't ever want to be that big. Arnold, Ferrigno, Sergio, Mike Katz, and Franco Columbu all looked huge, but they also looked like they would have no problem putting on football pads and being linebackers...they looked more athletic. Just my 2 pennies

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I too, have much more respect for the physiques of the Golden Era. Today's guys are just too big. Ronnie Coleman looks more like some sort of animal then a real person (seriously reminds me of a dinosaur). Its cool to look at, but I don't ever want to be that big. Arnold, Ferrigno, Sergio, Mike Katz, and Franco Columbu all looked huge, but they also looked like they would have no problem putting on football pads and being linebackers...they looked more athletic. Just my 2 pennies
haha i think if you would have met arnold back in the day in person and in his prime you would think twice about the football comment.. they were HUGE back then too. it just may not seem like it in comparison to todays bb'ers

size

Awards
  • Established
Mike Katz played football for the NY Jets and the did NOT have pads that fit him.

ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday

Hey Size, actually Shawn Ray (one of my personal favorites) and Chris Cormier have done the vacuum pose. As a matter of fact Ray does it when he hits a double biceps pose.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by size
Everyone is entitled to there opinion. Personally, I do not like the physiques of today's bbers. 

I can't recall ever seening a bber of today doing a vacuum pose.

However, if you want to be that size great and good luck. I would prefer the zane and mentzer look.
The most sense I've read all day! :)

Even if I were to get to my 220lb goal, I assure you, I intend to have my tiny waist, and hit vacuum poses whenever I hit the stage.. ;)

I do them at shows now, judges expect it now when they see me..