Speeding up a Scab

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
So i woke up the other day with a blood blister on my chin, and of course I picked at it until it turned into a nice open wound the size of a dime. I was hoping someone has some old quick remedy to speed up the healing process a bit because I have to bartend a charity event for my work this weekend and I want to look half way decent lol. I know it wont heal completely in a few days but any advice on how to speed it up or make it less noticable?
Thanks

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
neosporin? you could just make up a crazy story about how you got it - rough sex or something - that always does the trick. :twisted:

to make it less noticeable, you can use the spray bandage stuff - i had to use it for my 3rd degree burn. then cover it up lightly with some of your girly girls foundation. the spray bandage will make sure none of that stuff gets into the wound. this is the only time i will ever advise a guy to wear makeup. :blink:

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
keep it as dry as possible..and if it dont go away by then,then ask your g.f for some foundation!(make up)!

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Alcohol (OUCH!) will help it dry it out. Scabs fall off when they dry and enough healing has taken place under them.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
neosporin? you could just make up a crazy story about how you got it - rough sex or something - that always does the trick. :twisted:

to make it less noticeable, you can use the spray bandage stuff - i had to use it for my 3rd degree burn. then cover it up lightly with some of your girly girls foundation. the spray bandage will make sure none of that stuff gets into the wound. this is the only time i will ever advise a guy to wear makeup. :blink:
Oh trust me I have been making up good stories for the past two days about it lol. I have a bunch of marks on my arms and chest from using my bench shirt this weekend and popped blood vessels in both of my eyes. I am looking pretty damn rough right now lol, its like I got in a fight with a monster truck full of Bears.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Flawless is extremely effective at speeding up wound healing.

It works very well on not only stretch marks (provided the reinjury stimulus is there) and open wounds, but tattoos.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Flawless is extremely effective at speeding up wound healing.

It works very well on not only stretch marks (provided the reinjury stimulus is there) and open wounds, but tattoos.
I was thinking of ordering some off of Nutra just for this reason but by the time it gets here it would be to late anyways. I may have to pick some up for future dumbassness that I may subject myself to.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So i woke up the other day with a blood blister on my chin, and of course I picked at it until it turned into a nice open wound the size of a dime. I was hoping someone has some old quick remedy to speed up the healing process a bit because I have to bartend a charity event for my work this weekend and I want to look half way decent lol. I know it wont heal completely in a few days but any advice on how to speed it up or make it less noticable?
Thanks
Really not too much to do paul. Believe it or not, the foundation idea is pretty solid to cover it up a bit. I do encourage the bacitracin/neosporin addition, as well as adding in some Vitamin A & D ointment to spread on the wound during this initial phase. This should help enhance recovery at this point in the healing process.

Wounds like that heal via secondary intention (or from the inside out.) Wounds that have well approximated wound edges such as when you get stiches, heal via primary intention which limits the potential for scar formation.

The scab will remain in place until tissue granulation/re-epithelization is complete. Adding flawless may in fact enhance the healing effects to a degree, but the body requires time to effectively heal tissue injuries.

If anything, during the early phases of tissue reconstruction (after the scab has fallen off), adding in the flawless can drastically help enhance effective skin matrix formation limiting any potential scar formation when healing through this secondary intention.

That was probably way more info than you needed, but i guess i'm in that kind of mood today. :)

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Im just going to mega dose a few staples like cissus , fish oil and green tea....It probably wont do much but the placebo effect will make me feel better lol.

Realistically I put a little A+D on it yesterday morning and it actually is pretty well scabbed over right now so hopefully it will just shrink up a little bit by the weekend. Its right outside of my goatie so even if it just shrinks a bit it will be pretty unnoticeable. I appreciate everyones advice thus far and I am going to get some flawless with my next order (along with some Viralle Mane <--Sp?) to make sure it doesnt scar.

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
vitamin e oil and aloe vera gel together

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im just going to mega dose a few staples like cissus , fish oil and green tea....It probably wont do much but the placebo effect will make me feel better lol.

Realistically I put a little A+D on it yesterday morning and it actually is pretty well scabbed over right now so hopefully it will just shrink up a little bit by the weekend. Its right outside of my goatie so even if it just shrinks a bit it will be pretty unnoticeable. I appreciate everyones advice thus far and I am going to get some flawless with my next order (along with some Viralle Mane <--Sp?) to make sure it doesnt scar.
Sounds like a plan, buddy! :)

liquid

liquid

Awards
  • Established
Ginseng powder mixed with neosporin. I usually use this for open wounds, which makes the healing process quicker and to stop bleeding.
I have some luck by using some lotion on scabs, speeds healing pretty quick.
Vitamin E oil is worth a shot as well.