Gas Prices as of 10/8/08

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
Gas around me has fallen to below $3 for the first time in I dont know how long....$2.97 to be exact....how much has it fallen for you guys?

holy

j4ever

Awards
cheapest i've seen is 2.88 but most places about 3.10

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nevermind... on my way home from work looks like it dropped to $2.59.

Adams

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are you guys ****ing with me? It was $3.40 something here in Central FL yesterday?

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I just filled up for 3.72. :aargh:

I hate my State (NC) and the bullsh*t excuses they come up with for having higher gas prices than New York and California.

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
3.55 here for premium. ive seen regular for 3.29. im in southern cali btw.

TruffleShuffle

Awards
  • Established
Damn u guys are lucky. If you are talking about the price per GALLON then in the UK (at current exchange rates) the price is $9.42

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
Wow....its really going down across the board....

holy

grocker

Awards
  • Established
It was $2.52 this morning, but it will probably be lower by the time I get out of work.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Wow. Where in the **** do you live? Mexico or something? :D
It's 3.45 in Oregon.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have one little mom and pop station on my way to work where they like to tell me a few days in advance of the drops coming, They are around 2.90 right now :woohoo:

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
in the Uk i bought some today at £1.06 per litre Not sure of the exchange rate but its close to 2$ to the £! .Based on that assumption its 2$ a litre so think your self lucky if its $3.19 to the GALLON

TruffleShuffle

Awards
  • Established
Corsaking, see my post earlier up this thread (post #14)

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
Damn u guys are lucky. If you are talking about the price per GALLON then in the UK (at current exchange rates) the price is $9.42

The tax the UK govt gets forms the greater portion of the price Carnt remember how much exactly , then the petrol company get their share, then the retailer .The annoying part is that when oil prices go up it soon filters down to the pumps, yet when they come down prices at the pumps are slow to respond,Usually supermarkets take the lead. We are experiencing low petrol prices at the moment , it has been higher at £1.17 per litre and motorway service stations selling it at £1.25 per litre. The price has a knockon effect because hauliers transport costs go up , the increase is passed to the consumer especially when it comes to food.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Between 3.30 and 3.40 in my area. About 10 miles west or east in New Jersey it drops 10-15 cents.

:bruce3:

AUTO

Awards
  • Established

:aargh: why do you americans get it so cheap, (maybe we should start a war)

had to sell the rotary cost $ 100 aud to fill up

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
:aargh: why do you americans get it so cheap, (maybe we should start a war)

had to sell the rotary cost $ 100 aud to fill up

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm a war over oil -interesting , Isnt there one going on already?

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
The tax the UK govt gets forms the greater portion of the price Carnt remember how much exactly , then the petrol company get their share, then the retailer .The annoying part is that when oil prices go up it soon filters down to the pumps, yet when they come down prices at the pumps are slow to respond,Usually supermarkets take the lead. We are experiencing low petrol prices at the moment , it has been higher at £1.17 per litre and motorway service stations selling it at £1.25 per litre. The price has a knockon effect because hauliers transport costs go up , the increase is passed to the consumer especially when it comes to food.
Remember oil is priced in USD. The USD has gained a lot against the GBP in the last two weeks so the drop in the price of oil has almost been offset by the weaker pound. Fortunately for me the GBP is now killing the aussie dolllar, perfect time to send some cash home.

TruffleShuffle

Awards
  • Established
Its dropped a few pence round here recently though, cheapest i've seen it is £1.03 for regular (95 ron) or £1.07 for premium (99 ron). (both per litre).

I havent checked the price of 102 ron. it's always been stupidly expensive and pretty much a waste of money unless your car is mapped for it.

(blimey just checked online and perhaps the reason US petrol is so cheap is cause you drive on "limp wristed fairy liquid" :rofl: )

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Their was talk of becomming a republic but people voted against it. We like to dominate the commonwealth games too much.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
the way to bring prices down is not to buy so much.When the oil companies have excess stock, prices usually fall .i used the bus the other day to go to my nearest city=it wasnt so much the cost of fuel , it was the cost of parking for a couple of hours-too much

Otter_Wife

Otter_Wife

Awards
south Jersey is $2.75, as of 10-13-08 it was 2.79 yesterday, so hopefully it will drop some more tomorrow!

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
bread prices down petrol prices down , sales in shops down , FTSE INDEX UP that must be a good sign

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
bread prices down petrol prices down , sales in shops down , FTSE INDEX UP that must be a good sign
Did you see what happened in the US last night? We are just sheep following along the US. Doesnt make any sense.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
Did you see what happened in the US last night? We are just sheep following along the US. Doesnt make any sense.
I think the White House are making a further statement today .Analysts are hoping for another rise in shares.

Credit has been too easy to get here in the UK Not sure about Oz but you could get a mortgage on a property of 5 X your salary , you can buy a car with Nil deposit and the rest spread over 5 years, you can walk down a typical high street and get a store credit card just showing a utility bill or driving licence, so on a typical high street , you could buy clothes on credit, tv on credit, computer on credit furniture on credit all in one day,I think this must be related in someway to the mess we are in financially

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
I think the White House are making a further statement today .Analysts are hoping for another rise in shares.

Credit has been too easy to get here in the UK Not sure about Oz but you could get a mortgage on a property of 5 X your salary , you can buy a car with Nil deposit and the rest spread over 5 years, you can walk down a typical high street and get a store credit card just showing a utility bill or driving licence, so on a typical high street , you could buy clothes on credit, tv on credit, computer on credit furniture on credit all in one day,I think this must be related in someway to the mess we are in financially
Our interest rates are a few points higher but credit has been easily attainable the past few years. A mortgage 5 times your salary is nothing, in Sydney anyway, house prices are way overpriced, only now are they coming down a notch.

Im in the UK now as well. I know what you mean. Consumer debt is sky high all over though, most people don't respect money, they like to blame pollys and the big bad investment bankers for the economies issues when the general public are just as much to blame due to their lack of knowledge on even simple commerce issues.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
250billion dollars released by us govt says it will make it easy for americans to borrow for cars and homes

-has nothing been learnt from this crisis

Otter_Wife

Otter_Wife

Awards
haha Chad got banned a while back! we are back on the East Coast now! baby otter number 2 came and is almost 5 months old. wow it has been a while since we have been on huh? 2.67 today for gas!

Orangepeel

Orangepeel

Awards
  • Established
$2.90 !!! (and i think thats cheap!?!?!?!) it was some thing like $1.50 when I started driving!

grocker

Awards
  • Established
$2.15 now. I live in south tx. 30 minutes away from Mexico.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
thebigt General Chat 43
howwedo107 General Chat 25
Delta Force General Chat 18
DGSky General Chat 74
SufferingEd Supplements 25