It pains me to know that...

whiskers

whiskers

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It pains me to know that somewhere out there, some sick mo-fo is driving his Smart car, sipping Smart water, texting on his Smart phone, on his way to go get some "money Smart" deals at Smiths.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I guess I'm not smart enough to understand what that means.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I drive a truck, drink tap water, have a 3 year old cellphone, and bank with BoA.

Smart?

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I drive an 84 AMC Eagle, Drink tap water, bank with a credit union, but have a BOA credit card and my cell phone is 2 years old.

And I still don't understand this thread!

whiskers

whiskers

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Damn near everything is being marketed as "Smart"
no one else has notice this obnoxious trend?

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I drink kroger bottled water(our tap is...lets just go wit no...), do have a decent cell phone, but not one of the smart phones. And drive an 02 civic EX....

I hade those PDA smartphones, I hate the cars that can give you a lap dance while you drive, I hate people who have to have all the labor saving gadgets of the modern world....

damn, I bet you we can find some good deals on a pair of balls on ebay, since everyone seems to be throwing them out....

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
I drink tap water, have a shitty cell-phone, and am currently taking public transportation. Very low maintenance.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't have a cell phone; I plan on resisting forever.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Resistance is Futile. You will be assimilated.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Convenience.
Convenience for what? Does one need to be so plugged in that things cannot wait?

I have not had a cell phone for almost four years, and it has not bothered me once; never been in a situation where I would be willing to sacrifice my privacy for convenience.

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
just remember with cell phones the FBI can hear everything threw you speakers even if its turned off.

whiskers

whiskers

Banned
Awards
  • Established
just remember with cell phones the FBI can hear everything threw you speakers even if its turned off.
remove the battery :)

and once people hear stuff like that they tend to think their every word is being recorded. You'd have to be a pretty high priority before they'd bother recording our boring lives haha

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
well it was on CNN. but who can you trust now days.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
That would mean your phone is in a constant state of broadcasting. Your battery life would be what, 4 hours on most phones? There would not be any stand-by time.

Next time you are in the process of making a call, stand close to a radio that is on.. you will hear your cell phone make interferance on the radio. Now when your call is complete, that interferance stops because you are no longer transmitting. Now if your phone is turned off, they cant even PING it, let alone listen to it.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Ok I did some research. I'll take back part of what I said. It is possible, but either software needs to be downloaded to the phone, or a physical bug needs to be planted into it.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Ok I did some research. I'll take back part of what I said. It is possible, but either software needs to be downloaded to the phone, or a physical bug needs to be planted into it.
Thanks for the info.

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
LMAO!! nice pic^^^ but it is crazy though. They way technology is going who knows whats going to be next.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
LMAO!! nice pic^^^ but it is crazy though. They way technology is going who knows whats going to be next.
They already have tracking devices in all of the new US Passports. They're starting to implant devices in children for their 'safety' so that you can find them via GPS if they go missing. It's one step closer to being under constant surveillance from our government. HUZZAH!

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Just imagine what they can do with wireless internet. Not that they need it, they are tapped into every internet provider all ready. I think that project name is/was Carnivore and there was one other but I cant remember the name of it.

dpfisher

Convenience for what? Does one need to be so plugged in that things cannot wait?

I have not had a cell phone for almost four years, and it has not bothered me once; never been in a situation where I would be willing to sacrifice my privacy for convenience.
How does it sacrifice privacy? You don't have to answer it every time it rings.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I tell you what, I am more than ready to toss this junky, failed, greedy, useless gov't overboard. Lets load up on tanks an guns and do this blue coat style! REVOLUTION!

I think one is coming. I will do my part.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I tell you what, I am more than ready to toss this junky, failed, greedy, useless gov't overboard. Lets load up on tanks an guns and do this blue coat style! REVOLUTION!

I think one is coming. I will do my part.
The Constitution says we can do it. I think we should.

Too bad there isn't a large enough group ballsy enough.

manny1010

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the info.

lol. great pic. I did not have a cell phone in high school. I refused to allow my parents to get me one. I prefered the money. Once I got to college, cell phone the cell phone thing was neat but now it has taken over my life, I rely too much on it.

Mullet, have you had a cellphone before? ....stay away, they are addicting. IMO

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
The Constitution says we can do it. I think we should.

Too bad there isn't a large enough group ballsy enough.

not yet....but I think people are getting pretty ticked off.

I would speak against the government if it would be effective, and if I could get enough people to follow suite, start the war myself... Screw big brother. Rather die in glory and with honor, than live the life of a labrat....

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Rather die in glory and with honor, than live the life of a labrat....
Considering the aim of this board, that would be quote ironic. Anytime that you poke a supp in your mouth or rub one on your balls or skin, you sir are living the life of a lab rat.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
damn, I didn't know that so many of you all worked 9 to 5 to pay the bills and purchase the goods for everyone else on this board?

What ever happened to my money, my land?

hardknock

Awards
  • Established

Just before my mother passed in January, my sis called me up on my cell which had I not had one, I would have not had a chance to get to her bed side before passing away...ironically, I still did not make it due to the freaking traffic lights going out and piss poor cops directing traffic, but I do thank my stars that I had one because there was a chance that I could have made it rather than know I was cruising along and not knowing she had went into a comatose state ... paper and pigeons just don't cut it like they used to.