lol, why BSN & MuscleTech live on....

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
So a new guy came to my church, he had been there before, I think he is about 18-19. It was a going away party for our young adult leaders. Anyhow, I knew he worked out, it was easy to tell from his decent build(no homo).
Then things got funny.

I brought up working out, he started in.

His routine is every other day, PERIOD. he does his entire body every other day. We started talking about supps.... He said he spends like 400 bucks a month on BSN and MT products, also talked about gaspari.......
He explained the routine and it sounded weird.....

Anyhow, he has been at this for over a year.

He consumes 8-10K calories a day.
7 thousand calories in shakes.....about 1000 calories in solid food....

After a year he has went from 140ish to 150.....
He said his bench is about 150.
He also uses the Chuck Norris total home gym...

IT gets better. back onto the supplements, I brought up the whole steroid issue, through explaining the only real need for a test booster for someone around our ages is if they used an AAS or PH. He agreed, then said he considered steroids, but not the injectables or pills....the kind you drink. Then he started in about anabolic boosters and asked me about anabolic halo....

I tried to explain to him that he was just consuming junk...but I didnt want to bash him too bad. I hope I can help him out, he plans on attending often and said he wouldnt mind hanging sometime.

Anyhow, does anyone else have these experiences?

So.....lol sorry, it was eating me up. I never met one of these yet. Dont worry, I like him, I will show him the light!

Personal stories?

Last edited:
Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Let him spend enough money until he realizes that supps aren't the most important part in building a physique :) If he doesn't learn than Darwinism will probably take care of him LOL.

$400 a month can get you good AAS cycles, tons of lap dances, or a car payment

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So, you're going to help him, but you throw stones first?

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
wow, do you know how weird it is to see, Iron, then Iron, we need another....

Stones? threw none, I live in a glass house. You know not who I am, who he be, where we be, or whats going on. I was once a victum of MT, but not with so much free $$$. :( I was thinking about it because someone on another thread asked how is MT and BSN so big.....Its like talking to a curtain, or an amnesty booth....

Thar ya go.

made it simpler too btw.

I just dont think he cares to use a product that has doesnt have a 10 foot by 10 foot ad...

I see people at the gym with bb.com shirts on...and i saw a gakic??? bottle in the trashcan at the gym. But you cant argue with deeze people.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
His routine is every other day, PERIOD. he does his entire body every other day. We started talking about supps.... He said he spends like 400 bucks a month on BSN and MT products, also talked about gaspari.......
He explained the routine and it sounded weird.....

Anyhow, he has been at this for over a year.

He consumes 8-10K calories a day.
7 thousand calories in shakes.....about 1000 calories in solid food....
explain to him that he'll never gain without whole foods in his diet. if he's got that kinda money to blow, tell him to make his own gainers shake with eggs, and the only shake he needs is casein for bedtime. the only supps he needs is ZMA and a multi. maybe creatine like Controlled Labs. all for 45 bucks - if that much.

EOD workouts are doable - i am doing them again, but it all depends on if he can gain from them. judging from his size i'd say he's doing something wrong.

watch him work out, or post his routine - probably no squats or deads, and not many compound moves. its either that or he smokes. that and the lack of solid food.

man. my g/f's brother is going to join me at the gym - classic ecto, 5'10" 143 pounds, and i guarantee i'll get him to 175 by march - with no supps other than a multi and a gainer shake.

it took me a year and a half spinning my wheels at the gym before i figured this stuff out, and he'll probably do it too unless you can show him a better way.

on a sidenote, i doubt he's at 7-10k calories a day. i'm around that, and there's no way i would be locked at 150 unless i was swimming and smoking.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
explain to him that he'll never gain without whole foods in his diet. if he's got that kinda money to blow, tell him to make his own gainers shake with eggs, and the only shake he needs is casein for bedtime. the only supps he needs is ZMA and a multi. maybe creatine like Controlled Labs. all for 45 bucks - if that much.

EOD workouts are doable - i am doing them again, but it all depends on if he can gain from them. judging from his size i'd say he's doing something wrong.

watch him work out, or post his routine - probably no squats or deads, and not many compound moves. its either that or he smokes. that and the lack of solid food.

man. my g/f's brother is going to join me at the gym - classic ecto, 5'10" 143 pounds, and i guarantee i'll get him to 175 by march - with no supps other than a multi and a gainer shake.

it took me a year and a half spinning my wheels at the gym before i figured this stuff out, and he'll probably do it too unless you can show him a better way.

on a sidenote, i doubt he's at 7-10k calories a day. i'm around that, and there's no way i would be locked at 150 unless i was swimming and smoking.

We are going to get together sometime, although he invited me for a game, not weights. I will get into that with him. ZMA/ZMK would be perfect now that you mention it. The only issue I have with the EOD wo, is he does his entire body EOD. If he did it rotating 3 sets of muscle groups, he would blow up. More rest is what those muscles need. some ZMK/ZMA would just make the sleep and growth all the better.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
The only issue I have with the EOD wo, is he does his entire body EOD. If he did it rotating 3 sets of muscle groups, he would blow up.
maybe. he might also work really well with the 5x5 system. something isn't working for him, and i don't know what, especially without seeing the workout. i do a EOD total body, but i alternate from three different workouts. my guess is that he's either got no intensity, or a crappy workout design. an example of a EOD workout that will do something is the 5x5. ask him when the last time he went up in weights was.

on a sidenote, the total gym is great for toning (i have one too), but its so hard to feel the burn the next day after using it - even when you think you're pushing yourself, it just doesn't work.

mDeezy

mDeezy

Awards
  • Established
I see people at the gym with bb.com shirts on...and i saw a gakic??? bottle in the trashcan at the gym. But you cant argue with deeze people.
Thats weird I just saw a Gakic bottle in the trash can at my gym too, and one in a locker, haha. The dude using it was actually a beast, but I wanted to ask him why he was using MT. You aren't in Milwaukee are you Zero?

edit: NM, just saw your profile says Ohio

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Thats weird I just saw a Gakic bottle in the trash can at my gym too, and one in a locker, haha. The dude using it was actually a beast, but I wanted to ask him why he was using MT. You aren't in Milwaukee are you Zero?

lol. That woulda been weird...dang almost had a lifting partner :p

nah, ohio is right, MT has insulted BBers across the entire nation..its a national epidemic...:icon_lol:

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That is really freaking sad...10k cals a day and he only gained 10lbs in a year?! WTF?

I do full body routines 3 or 4 days a week, so almost EOD, and gaining muscle is NOOOO problem. As of right now, up 50lbs in 2yrs with no anabolics, aas or ph. Also, BF is lower than when I began by several %.

Not meaning to boast, just trying to demonstrate that frequent full body routines can be successful for hypertrophy.

But apparently not as your friend is doing them! Get him off the crap and onto whole foods and good supps - shoot just show him this thread and we'll show him the error of his ways!

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Hey.......MT isnt all that bad.

We all know its the Diet, Training and Sleep that matters anyways........

I will use MT if i get it at the right price.........

I understand the price hatred, but the products themselves arent that bad........

Okay, lash away.........lol

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
8000 cals a day for and only gained 10 lbs in a year seems odd.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
8-10k calories a day, he's misinformed. I'd be surprised if it was actually over 3k.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So 91.5% of his diet is in the form of shakes?
That must go through him rather quickly.

BSN isn't all that bad. I enjoy Syntha-6. I was even sent their new product to try.

MT is out there, waaaay out there.

Maybe you need to point him in the direction of Anabolic Minds so that he can learn a few things about supplementation/diet/training.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
So 91.5% of his diet is in the form of shakes?
That must go through him rather quickly.

BSN isn't all that bad. I enjoy Syntha-6. I was even sent their new product to try.

MT is out there, waaaay out there.

Maybe you need to point him in the direction of Anabolic Minds so that he can learn a few things about supplementation/diet/training.
diet/training/supplementation

fixed that for ya :)

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
because there's always a kid out there who initially gets sucked in for about three or four bottles until someone steers them somewhere else.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I think once I talk about it more it will make more since, I was pondering the 8K myself. But he said 7K of it was shakes..... but maybe he doesn't do math well or something. Just repeating what was said to me as a persons way of training.

7K in shakes would make me sick....I like food, shank you very much :p

I think he will eventually turn onto a better understanding, and then like I said, he will probably leave me in the dust, he looks genetically prone to growth. Just hasnt used it yet -.-

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
you must first tap into the psyche of an 18 year old. young, dumb, and bulletproof to boot. 400 bucks a month sounds like a misguided rich kid that just points and shoots at GNC...bet they love him. also 8k cals on 400 bucks there...now we all know that like...hummm...4 tubs of protein from GNC, so we can go ahead and say he consumes 8k but we will have to use martian time where one day is equal to a earthling week.

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established

i actually liked powder gakic...too bad it tasted like a bucket vomit topped with a terd and a dash of cough syrup. mixing it with endorush was pretty killer combo for me. as previously mentioned, if its cheap i'd try too...

chad6903

Awards
raginfcktard...ur default comment is hilarious...on subject though...this kid is clearly overtraining..he's giving his muscles absolutey no time to rest further if my assumptions are right I'm sure hes doing the same routine most of the time provided his lack of knowledge/experience. He needs to shock his muscles...and stop making up rediculous stories about his diet.

On a diff note...I've always liked NO explode and nitrix..and yes i've worn the free shirt that comes with it...sorry...whatev its a gym rag