gas shortage wtf?

TNASTYII

TNASTYII

Awards
  • Established
im in NC and i guess ppl are freakin out and i cant even get gas and im almost out. its rediculous. gas stations that recieved gas this morning are already out and its only ben about 5-6 hours since they got some.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
man, seeing stuff like this makes me glad i'm tradin' the car up for a motorbike. i'll be coastin' 100 miles on a gallon. WHOO!

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
man, seeing stuff like this makes me glad i'm tradin' the car up for a motorbike. i'll be coastin' 100 miles on a gallon. WHOO!
What kinda bike?

I've never owned a car in my life :icon_lol:

Just Bikes!

:smite:

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I'm in NC as well. I hate it when people panic, it really brings out the stupid. We drive slow as hell in the rain, yet most seem to drive 5 over the speed limit during snow and ice. :fool2:

So glad I've got enough in the tank for another week. I don't want to deal with this madness.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
dis is fo' real?

Orangepeel

Orangepeel

Awards
  • Established
Yessir, I can pull 40+ MPG on my R1 if I baby it and its 10X more fun that driving.

Too bad winters coming and my jacked up truck get like 8MPG :frustrate

dpfisher

It's idiots freaking out over some email rumor and creating the gas shortage by "stocking up"

It happened in Tennessee last week

Give it a couple days and the gas will be back, there's no genuine shortage

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
It's idiots freaking out over some email rumor and creating the gas shortage by "stocking up"

It happened in Tennessee last week

Give it a couple days and the gas will be back, there's no genuine shortage
Agree. People did this to themselves. The general public is mostly half-brained. They hear refineries are in Ike's path and all of a sudden it's 1900 again when refineries didn't make mogas.

I'd argue there is a shortage due to this "I have to fill up when I get to 3/4's of a tank!" in cities like Atlanta or Charlotte.

In the end - I'd look for a station that is owned by one of the supermajor oil companies. I know we are supplying our stations - the extra mogas goes to the off-brand stations that don't have refineries (Race Trac). When there is a shortage - they are the first to get squeezed.

It will be a few days until the Colonial Pipeline is back pumping more gas, but will take some time after that to refill the terminals and the stations.
Just be patient. This isn't the 1973 Arab oil embargo - this is Ike knocking out power to refineries.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
What kinda bike?

I've never owned a car in my life :icon_lol:

Just Bikes!

:smite:
the 3-4000$ kind. i'm a poor man. hopefully something with a little bit of balls.

TNASTYII

TNASTYII

Awards
  • Established
yea its for real. im in charlotte and im sure its due to people filling up and topping off everyone was freakin im sure. i mean i drove with my gas light on to work and back and i was surely gunna run out but i use to work at a gas station and my cousin and step uncle work there and they let me fill up last night. they only have gas for employees but i got some :] now i have 3/4s a tank for my 03 gti 1.8t 20th ann. i love my car. im sure a bike would be fun but....really love turbo cars :] i gave a bike a run for his money the other day not sure wat it was but he wasn gettin away from me too fast (yes racing) i get around 23-26mpg which isnt bad. depends on how aggresive i drive

larue38462

larue38462

Awards
yea its for real. im in charlotte and im sure its due to people filling up and topping off everyone was freakin im sure. i mean i drove with my gas light on to work and back and i was surely gunna run out but i use to work at a gas station and my cousin and step uncle work there and they let me fill up last night. they only have gas for employees but i got some :] now i have 3/4s a tank for my 03 gti 1.8t 20th ann. i love my car. im sure a bike would be fun but....really love turbo cars :] i gave a bike a run for his money the other day not sure wat it was but he wasn gettin away from me too fast (yes racing) i get around 23-26mpg which isnt bad. depends on how aggresive i drive
Must have been a moped....haha...j/p bro, but i've got a 06 gsxr 750 and love it when those gt mustang pu**ies rev up their engines and try to race....not even close.

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
gas shortage whats that? I can name 100 stations who are always fully stocked with fuel

TNASTYII

TNASTYII

Awards
  • Established
Must have been a moped....haha...j/p bro, but i've got a 06 gsxr 750 and love it when those gt mustang pu**ies rev up their engines and try to race....not even close.
i can beat mustang gt's too haha. those things are slow anyways. they are just mad their v8's cant take a turboed 4banger

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
i can beat mustang gt's too haha. those things are slow anyways. they are just mad their v8's cant take a turboed 4banger
you cant compare a n/a 8 to a boosted 4. There is no replacement for displacement.

Orangepeel

Orangepeel

Awards
  • Established
you cant compare a n/a 8 to a boosted 4. There is no replacement for displacement.
I'm a V8 fan, but, not true. There's plenty of replacements for displacement, 3 obvious ones that anyone could think of would be turbo, supercharger, and N20, the first two of which literally are a replacement for displacement if you consider their function.

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
Ya but do the same to a v8. You gotta play fair, boost the I4 then boost the v8.

Roryzilla

Awards
Agree. People did this to themselves. The general public is mostly half-brained. They hear refineries are in Ike's path and all of a sudden it's 1900 again when refineries didn't make mogas.

I'd argue there is a shortage due to this "I have to fill up when I get to 3/4's of a tank!" in cities like Atlanta or Charlotte.

In the end - I'd look for a station that is owned by one of the supermajor oil companies. I know we are supplying our stations - the extra mogas goes to the off-brand stations that don't have refineries (Race Trac). When there is a shortage - they are the first to get squeezed.

It will be a few days until the Colonial Pipeline is back pumping more gas, but will take some time after that to refill the terminals and the stations.
Just be patient. This isn't the 1973 Arab oil embargo - this is Ike knocking out power to refineries.
Agreed, However the problem will continue to worsen. Gas consumption is up and the refineries cannot keep up with demand. Most refineries are running at 100% all the time. and there has not been a new refinery built since 1976. The only solution is to use less fuel, carpool, walk to work, public transportation(not a viable option in Los Angeles).

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
Ya but do the same to a v8. You gotta play fair, boost the I4 then boost the v8.
i kinda see what you are saying and ill agree. For the money why spend $10k on a turbo for a i4 when you can just get a v8. Or hell go get a bike and that'll solve the problem,... *cough* Ducati* cough* :twisted: ..... one thing i cant stand is a guy who thinks hes hot **** with a turbo'd civic, haha. hell ill just go turbo my lawnmower,... last i checked they prolly cost the same to begin with.

yeah, people are freaking out in Ga, as everyone goes to cap off their tank with only like $5,.... which leads to the shortages. Needed gas for my 40min drive to campus, left other night @ 1:30am and still had to wait like 20 minutes.WTF? Its getting ridiculous.

TNASTYII

TNASTYII

Awards
  • Established
well no u dont have to plair fair. race what u brought. and whos gonna get better fuel economy with the same horsepower? whos got the weight advantage? v8's are always heavier. 400hp in a 3000lbs car vs 5500lbs 600hp v8......you tell me...and yes turboed civics are slow and stupid unless they have a fully built motor and turbo then we are talkin.

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
well no u dont have to plair fair. race what u brought. and whos gonna get better fuel economy with the same horsepower? whos got the weight advantage? v8's are always heavier. 400hp in a 3000lbs car vs 5500lbs 600hp v8......you tell me...and yes turboed civics are slow and stupid unless they have a fully built motor and turbo then we are talkin.

5500lbs with 600hp, what are we modding a srt-10 truck? The point was there is no replacement for displacement. What ever you do to a smaller engine, do it to a v8 and you wont touch it.

V8's are not always heavy. My pops car is under 3500 and has 525hp, american muscle.

And mpg who cares, if I am running 500hp my milage is my LAST concern. And if I did, turbo the v8, then during cruising cut off half the cylinders.

TNASTYII

TNASTYII

Awards
  • Established
5500lbs with 600hp, what are we modding a srt-10 truck? The point was there is no replacement for displacement. What ever you do to a smaller engine, do it to a v8 and you wont touch it.

V8's are not always heavy. My pops car is under 3500 and has 525hp, american muscle.

And mpg who cares, if I am running 500hp my milage is my LAST concern. And if I did, turbo the v8, then during cruising cut off half the cylinders.
not always but most of the time v8's are heavier enough to give the ligher car with less hoarsepower the advantage

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
errr c5 vettes are like 3200lbs wit 350hp/360lbs of torque, newer ones got 100lbs shaved of and have 400hp. ...And unless your running low psi on a turbo,..... fuel economy is not much to talk about, especially since we are referring to "modding" turbo cars and not sum lil' 1.8 volks T straight from the factory. C5's also get round 18/25 with the 5.7 which that gas mileage isnt far from a Z, and 350s weigh the same and have 100lbs less torque. many 80's v8's also weighed between 3,000 and 4,000lbs,.... so only place im thinking ur getting ur weight #'s from is like ex: a blowed 73' charger, 1 gen camaro etc, etc. even the new GTOs weight 3700lbs with 400 hp with the 6liter

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
also im not tryin to bash turbo's or import cars at all,...,..... but I just dont see the point of modifying a shiiite car. A 69 camaro,..... yes, beautiful, powerful, a classic,...... 86' monte carlo SS (me),...... another classic, beautiful and a beast,....even newer american cars like a vette of course. Import wise,..... A supra, yes beautiful car and fast, a NSX,speaks for itself, rx-7, etc, the list goes on. All these cars have style, power, and already are nice cars from the factory and ARE sports cars. But an 89' civic, a toyota corolla, an accord? im sorry i know im ranting, but just leave the sports cars to do what they do best and be sports cars, and stop wasting money on a POS grocery getter or family car, just so you can pull up to a sports car and try to show off in a car that could easily be a convict special. In the end it doesnt matter if it has a loud BOV or $5,000 rims, or as much hp as a stock v8, ....... itll still be a ugly POS and everyone on the road will just shake their head, cuz you wasted your money modifying a crap car, when you coulda just bought a vette or a WRX, or something worth modifying. (nasty dont think im attackin you, im speaking in general terms).

TNASTYII

TNASTYII

Awards
  • Established
also im not tryin to bash turbo's or import cars at all,...,..... but I just dont see the point of modifying a shiiite car. A 69 camaro,..... yes, beautiful, powerful, a classic,...... 86' monte carlo SS (me),...... another classic, beautiful and a beast,....even newer american cars like a vette of course. Import wise,..... A supra, yes beautiful car and fast, a NSX,speaks for itself, rx-7, etc, the list goes on. All these cars have style, power, and already are nice cars from the factory and ARE sports cars. But an 89' civic, a toyota corolla, an accord? im sorry i know im ranting, but just leave the sports cars to do what they do best and be sports cars, and stop wasting money on a POS grocery getter or family car, just so you can pull up to a sports car and try to show off in a car that could easily be a convict special. In the end it doesnt matter if it has a loud BOV or $5,000 rims, or as much hp as a stock v8, ....... itll still be a ugly POS and everyone on the road will just shake their head, cuz you wasted your money modifying a crap car, when you coulda just bought a vette or a WRX, or something worth modifying. (nasty dont think im attackin you, im speaking in general terms).
its all good. but usually when someone talks about american muscle cars they are talking about older models and the older models are ALOT heavier than a 4cy. and my GTI IS worth modding. yes i do agree that hondas and all the slow @ss family cars need to be left alone. my gti is a classic mod car just like a wrx. alot of ppl choose the gti to mod and ALOT of gti's are modded. the thing can take like 350hp on stock internals and if the GTI has 350hp its gonna have close to 380torque and is sure gonna beat a c5 vette....not smart but it can. i have a friend that has over 400hp in his golf on stock internals and has for a while....and it blows everything at the track out of the water.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DHvr-Cazlo"]YouTube - 98 Audi A4 1.8T vs. Corvette C6[/ame] audi has the same engine as the gti and theres ur c6 vette (guy who owns it said audi has just over 320hp)

heres friend [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEoxdweJJRE&feature=related"]YouTube - Peter Pump Gas GT35R 1.8T AWD[/ame]

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
yeah i know a guy who builds gtis and bmw's,.... also puts ls1+ into 3 series bmws. He's got some fast azz cars,.... but at the end of the day it is what it is. Gti's,...esp the new r32 looks nice, but i just cant get over the fact about some of the guys i went to school with having pure stock jettas and golfs, and only adding a bumblecan and a wing from autozone, and thinking they are the baddest mf's around. oooooo that boggled my mind so much i just cant get past that though everytime i see one..lol But then again if a guy who owns a vette c5,c6 w/e isdumb enough to go to the track or a club anf try to beat import cars with a stock vette, lol they are retards, lol. Obvouisly the guys put alot of time, effort and green into their cars to come,... so ofcousre they are gonna be fast cars. ill try to find my buddys vette on youtube,... he runs a private drag shop here in Ga. He's got a c5 twinturbo, ***** is got like 1000 horsepower and has the worst gas milege ever lol,... bad car though

TNASTYII

TNASTYII

Awards
  • Established
yeah i know a guy who builds gtis and bmw's,.... also puts ls1+ into 3 series bmws. He's got some fast azz cars,.... but at the end of the day it is what it is. Gti's,...esp the new r32 looks nice, but i just cant get over the fact about some of the guys i went to school with having pure stock jettas and golfs, and only adding a bumblecan and a wing from autozone, and thinking they are the baddest mf's around. oooooo that boggled my mind so much i just cant get past that though everytime i see one..lol But then again if a guy who owns a vette c5,c6 w/e isdumb enough to go to the track or a club anf try to beat import cars with a stock vette, lol they are retards, lol. Obvouisly the guys put alot of time, effort and green into their cars to come,... so ofcousre they are gonna be fast cars. ill try to find my buddys vette on youtube,... he runs a private drag shop here in Ga. He's got a c5 twinturbo, ***** is got like 1000 horsepower and has the worst gas milege ever lol,... bad car though
i cant speak for the audi but my friend didnt really put that much time into it. he has a big *** turbo, 1000cc injectors and an intercooler. and that thing is bad. i bet that twin turbo c5 is bad *** too lol. 1000hp is just rediculous. i dont think theres a need for that on the street :] haha i see what ur saying tho. i dont have alot done to my GTI but im not bringin in enough money to do something. its been chipped which adds a decent 50hp to the crank from stock. bone stock 1.8t's have like 160-165 to the wheels which isnt a big deal. im sittin on around 205-210hp to the wheels. i know its not fast but its not that slow. i cant wait to get extra money to get a turbo back exhaust and upgrade the turbo plus intercooler..i want somewhere around 320-350hp to the wheels. i think its reasonable. and also theres a guy over in europe somehwere that has a GTI with over 1000hp.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebhIw8CQJ0U&feature=related"]YouTube - dhalback vw golf 1050bhp[/ame] too bad its in german or something lol

GXbcmFTO

Awards
We get gas for free over in Iraq, everyone has uparmored suburbans and **** like that, all gas guzzlers and no one has to pay for the fuel....there is no real "shortage" just *******s who want to make more $$$

my $0.02 anywho

~GX

off to get some food (in my gas guzzler)

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
yeah ill be getting a c5 maybe in the next 6 months to a year if i can get my car paid off, ill have a toy, and a fuel efficient car for an everyday car for the drive to college. ill do sum work to it, but you can bet i wont be like sum of those arrogant pricks that try to show them off everywhere thinking they to are the fastest, lol. besides,... a new modified Z or g37 could keep up with a c5 5.7 so they are not super fast stock. they just sound nice with straight pipes :)

We get gas for free over in Iraq, everyone has uparmored suburbans and **** like that, all gas guzzlers and no one has to pay for the fuel....there is no real "shortage" just *******s who want to make more $$$

my $0.02 anywho

~GX

off to get some food (in my gas guzzler)

lol agreed,.. its no different than Ford, GM, Chrysler, who all killed the electric car, yet now they are trying to come back with them lol...... all bout' the benjamins.