Game 7 Hell Yeah!!!! Go Sox!

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
 I figured this series was over.  I guess not!

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Yeah it's a good series, too bad my Oakland A's had to choke it away to Boston dammit, very frustrating to see Boston doing good 'cause I'm like that would have been the A's

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
I hate pedro. I hate roger. I hate the Yankees (with a PASSION!) Boston's aight....... GO BOSTON!!! (doesnt hurt having 35 bucks riding on them either :D )
Sage

PC1

I don't think even the Red Sox thought they had a chance of winning game 6 in NY ;) Incredibly, now they even seem to have the momentum going into game 7 ?!

Their offense has (hopefully) awaken from their slumber. If they continue to hit tonight, and we get a strong performance from Pedro ......... I hesitate to even say it ;)

BTW, I think Pedro behaved like an immature spoiled twerp in game 3 (was it 3?) last Saturday, no question. I even think it would have been appropriate for Zim to have bitch-slapped him to the ground, rather than vice versa.

But last night, around the 4th inning, the public announcer had to request the NY fans STOP shouting obscenities during the game ?!?!?! Where or when has that ever happened before?

I'm a fair weather Red Sox fan, I haven't watched so much as 1 regular season game. But tonight's game should really be great. And I'd love to see Martinez/Wakefield shut down NY, and stuff it down the NY fan's throats. They've earned it.

Rictor33

Awards
  • Established
1918 :) 1918 :)
I am a yankees fan, being a new york native and I naturally hate the red-sox and their incredibly bitter fans. Yankee fans are much more chill than red-sox fans, an espn sports-writer, who is a red-sox fan wore the opposite teams jersey to each stadium and got much more flack from the red-sox fans then from the yankee fans. The red-sox are a bush-league organization, their players arent held to any level of class. They say we overpay, we don't. The sox are the ones who pay Manny Ramirez, who fucking dogs it every game and behaves like he generally doesn't care more money than any yankee makes. Plus, the facial hair, red-neck attitude, dip and chewing tobacco and complete **** that your players look like is just annoying. They look like a bunch of hicks, well they are a bunch of hicks. I was rooting more for the cubs than the yankees this year, I feel bad for the cubs losing. They have so many dedicated fans, yet they lose to a team that cant sell-out 1/5 of it's home stadium for regular season games (marlins). The Marlins will sell out the WS though, only because yankee or red-sox fans will gladly make the trip down there.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Rictor33
1918 :) 1918 :)
I am a yankees fan, being a new york native and I naturally hate the red-sox and their incredibly bitter fans. Yankee fans are much more chill than red-sox fans, an espn sports-writer, who is a red-sox fan wore the opposite teams jersey to each stadium and got much more flack from the red-sox fans then from the yankee fans. The red-sox are a bush-league organization, their players arent held to any level of class. They say we overpay, we don't. The sox are the ones who pay Manny Ramirez, who fucking dogs it every game and behaves like he generally doesn't care more money than any yankee makes. Plus, the facial hair, red-neck attitude, dip and chewing tobacco and complete **** that your players look like is just annoying. They look like a bunch of hicks, well they are a bunch of hicks. I was rooting more for the cubs than the yankees this year, I feel bad for the cubs losing. They have so many dedicated fans, yet they lose to a team that cant sell-out 1/5 of it's home stadium for regular season games (marlins). The Marlins will sell out the WS though, only because yankee or red-sox fans will gladly make the trip down there.
Tell us how you really feel =)

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by PC1
I don't think even the Red Sox thought they had a chance of winning game 6 in NY ;) Incredibly, now they even seem to have the momentum going into game 7 ?!

Their offense has (hopefully) awaken from their slumber. If they continue to hit tonight, and we get a strong performance from Pedro ......... I hesitate to even say it ;)

BTW, I think Pedro behaved like an immature spoiled twerp in game 3 (was it 3?) last Saturday, no question. I even think it would have been appropriate for Zim to have bitch-slapped him to the ground, rather than vice versa.

But last night, around the 4th inning, the public announcer had to request the NY fans STOP shouting obscenities during the game ?!?!?! Where or when has that ever happened before?

I'm a fair weather Red Sox fan, I haven't watched so much as 1 regular season game. But tonight's game should really be great. And I'd love to see Martinez/Wakefield shut down NY, and stuff it down the NY fan's throats. They've earned it.
Very well put!

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I'm an A's fan, but I hope the Red Sox beat the Yanks, can't stand the freakin Yanks :mad: They've taken many great Oakland A's players such as Reggie Jackson, Rickey Henderson, & Jason Giambi to name a few. Burn in hell Giambi :shoot:

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
BTW The Yankees can kiss my ass!

Haahaa 4-0 Sox baby!

Kitchen Chemist

Awards
  • Established
5-5 bottom of ninth.
I hate the yankees with a cold hearted passion.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Kitchen Chemist
5-5 bottom of ninth.
I hate the yankees with a cold hearted passion.
You know you suck when people from another country hate your guts!

Die Yankees!

BrKonman

Awards
11th.... 11th friggin' inning..... I'm gonna explode!

Kitchen Chemist

Awards
  • Established
out of all people to hit that HR, boone, my lord.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
WTF!?! It's sucks so hard being a Sox fan!

Kitchen Chemist

Awards
  • Established
I could give to ****'s who wins the world series now, i probably won't even watch it, even after the 200+ games i watched this year..... :shoot:

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
**** the Red Sux!! :saw:

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Again, to clarify... :D

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
I don't like to rub **** in anybody's face, as I believe it's bush league. But, these fuckin Red SOx fans never shut their fuckin mouths. Once again, they get it shoved right up their ass. Quit fuckin boasting until you've won something. Go away.

PC1

Hey, give credit where credit is due......

Grady White didn't lose the game by keeping Pedro in, although he'll lose his job for it. Had Pedro shut down the Yankees and won, he'd be hailed this morning for his genius. Hindsight is 20/20 isn't it?

Tim Wakefield didn't lose the game by throwing a knuckle-ball that didn't knuckle, to Boone in the 11th.

Messina & Rivera were OUTSTANDING in relief, BRILLIANT absolutely untouchable. That's where the game was won. It's not even that the Sox offense "choked" because they were shelling the Rocket early on.

You can't give a great team like the Yankees inning after inning with no production of runs, eventually they're going to put people on base and score. And both teams made some jaw dropping defensive plays.

Yet somehow, "the curse" seems to be alive and well.

Rictor33........

A local (Boston) talk show personality, Mike Barnicle, a lifetime Red Sox fan, went to game 7 last night in the Bronx. He brought 2 of his kids, ages 11 & 14. A traumatic night for any Red Sox fan, no question. A lot of jabbering between Red Sox and Yankees fans, that's to be expected.

But at the end of the game, with his 11 year old in tears, a 35 (roughly) year old Yankees fan walks up to the kid, REMOVES the kid's "lucky" Red Sox cap and says "You won't be needing THAT any more, kid", and walks away with it.

You know, after September 11th, The world was inspired by New Yorkers because of their seemingly indominitible spirit, and the amazing way they came together in the face of such a horrible attack.

And then you get assholes like the guy with Barnicle's kid.

On any given Winter day, you get THOUSANDS of people on their way to work in Manhattan ignoring destitute souls lying in the street freezing to death in their own piss. When I go into the city, when I give a buck to one of these unfortunates, I'm thought of as "naive", and obviously I'm a sucker who doesn't know better, and OBVIOUSLY, I'm not "from around here".

It's no small irony that New Yorkers then, are thought to be both the best and the worst this country has to offer, at the same time.

How is it you won't give someone the sweat off your balls unless they've had a limb blown off in a terrorist attack?

Congrats to the Yankees, job well done.

New York sports fans, it was great watching the Patriots kick the shite out of your Giants, not just for the delight of competition as it is with most teams, but just because you're YOU.

Only 4 more months to the "next" season for the Red Sox.........

Go Pats....

Go Sox......

;)

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established
i'm not a huge baseball fan but was really hopin for a cubs-red sox series....cant stand the yankees and dont really like or dislike the marlins...but i'll prolly watch some of the series...i really wanted the cubs to win....stupid goat curse..heh

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by PC1
Hey, give credit where credit is due......

Grady White didn't lose the game by keeping Pedro in, although he'll lose his job for it. Had Pedro shut down the Yankees and won, he'd be hailed this morning for his genius. Hindsight is 20/20 isn't it?

Tim Wakefield didn't lose the game by throwing a knuckle-ball that didn't knuckle, to Boone in the 11th.

Messina & Rivera were OUTSTANDING in relief, BRILLIANT absolutely untouchable. That's where the game was won. It's not even that the Sox offense "choked" because they were shelling the Rocket early on.

You can't give a great team like the Yankees inning after inning with no production of runs, eventually they're going to put people on base and score. And both teams made some jaw dropping defensive plays.

Yet somehow, "the curse" seems to be alive and well.

Rictor33........

A local (Boston) talk show personality, Mike Barnicle, a lifetime Red Sox fan, went to game 7 last night in the Bronx. He brought 2 of his kids, ages 11 & 14. A traumatic night for any Red Sox fan, no question. A lot of jabbering between Red Sox and Yankees fans, that's to be expected.

But at the end of the game, with his 11 year old in tears, a 35 (roughly) year old Yankees fan walks up to the kid, REMOVES the kid's "lucky" Red Sox cap and says "You won't be needing THAT any more, kid", and walks away with it.

You know, after September 11th, The world was inspired by New Yorkers because of their seemingly indominitible spirit, and the amazing way they came together in the face of such a horrible attack.

And then you get assholes like the guy with Barnicle's kid.

On any given Winter day, you get THOUSANDS of people on their way to work in Manhattan ignoring destitute souls lying in the street freezing to death in their own piss. When I go into the city, when I give a buck to one of these unfortunates, I'm thought of as "naive", and obviously I'm a sucker who doesn't know better, and OBVIOUSLY, I'm not "from around here".

It's no small irony that New Yorkers then, are thought to be both the best and the worst this country has to offer, at the same time.

How is it you won't give someone the sweat off your balls unless they've had a limb blown off in a terrorist attack?

Congrats to the Yankees, job well done.

New York sports fans, it was great watching the Patriots kick the shite out of your Giants, not just for the delight of competition as it is with most teams, but just because you're YOU.

Only 4 more months to the "next" season for the Red Sox.........

Go Pats....

Go Sox......

;)
PC1 is just on with the good points lately!

New Yorkers suck ass!  They always have and they always will.  That is why the Yankees are the #1 most hated team!  I can't believe that guy stole that kids hat.  I hope he hits a jersey barrier at 80 mph.

PC1

NPursuit........

I hear ya on the Jersey barrier, still I've learned that what goes around comes around, so I don't wish anything bad on anyone..... except maybe Duwayne Barker who used to kick the snot out of me in 4th grade, but I won't go there ;)

Unfortunately, Barnicle's kid has now been "baptized" in fire as a true Red Sox fan, fully indoctrinated with the sting of the curse. Given that the kid was already in tears over the game's outcome, I can't imagine the magnitude of insensitivity ANY grown man could possess in doing something like that to a kid, Jeezus, he's just a little Kid?!?!

But I think you're right, the Yankees are not hated for being a great franchise, they're despised because of their fans.

But putting all that aside, that series was incredible. It lived up to ALL the hype that bitter rivalry fuels year in and out.

That series WAS the world series. Period.

And rather than the Red Sox being losers or chokers, they drove the Yankees the full 7 games, into extra innings, that ended in a cinderella-like climax, with a home run from the most unlikely of heroes. Really great stuff. None of the sports pundits (outside of Boston anyway) gave the Red Sox a fighting chance at the beginning of that series, yet what a great series it was. I mean really, does it get any better than that?

Can you imagine being Boone nailing that pitch into the upper deck in the 11th inning, with his teammates and over 50,000 fans SCREAMING in apoplexy?!? Put aside which team you wanted to see win, how great a moment was that?! If the guy never plays again, he'll have that incredible moment to keep forever. The kind of stuff we've ALL fantasized about when we were little kids.

We should all be so fortunate to experience a moment like that sometime in our own lives ;)

Be well guys.

Last edited:

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by PC1
NPursuit........

I hear ya on the Jersey barrier, still I've learned that what goes around comes around, so I don't wish anything bad on anyone..... except maybe Duwayne Barker who used to kick the snot out of me in 4th grade, but I won't go there ;)
LOL!  Too funny.  You are right PC1 that was an incredible series unfortunately the outcome wasn't what I had hoped for but there is always next year.  Did you see Boone after the game he was speechless.  I'm sure I would have been too. 

I am proud of the way the Sox played that whole series (except the game 3 incident thank god I almost went to that game) and especially game 7.  I think they all did their jobs well.  Who knows maybe next year will be their year.  It has to happen sometime right?!?

PC1

LOL!  Too funny.  You are right PC1 that was an incredible series unfortunately the outcome wasn't what I had hoped for but there is always next year.  Did you see Boone after the game he was speechless.  I'm sure I would have been too. 

I am proud of the way the Sox played that whole series (except the game 3 incident thank god I almost went to that game) and especially game 7.  I think they all did their jobs well.  Who knows maybe next year will be their year.  It has to happen sometime right?!?
What was so heartbreaking was that midway through the game, the Red Sox seemed to have everything well under control. Somehow they manage to produce the MAXIMUM amount of heartbreak in the end. It's the damndest thing, and can only be explained in a metaphysical sense....... i.e. "the curse".

Yes, you WOULD THINK they would have to win the whole enchelada at SOME point................ wouldn't you?

BTW, are you from Mass, or do you live here now? I live right near Worcester.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by PC1
BTW, are you from Mass, or do you live here now? I live right near Worcester.
I live in Manchester, NH about 45 minutes from Beantown.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
That really was the best series I've seen....easily caught the attention of anyone who remotely liked baseball, and especially those of us that love it :)

I just had a feeling that even with that lead up until the middle of the game that the Sox would lose it, don't know why exactly. I've always been a Yankees fan through and through, so I of course had that slight bit of arrogance now associated with NY, lol :D

As for Chicago, I was really rooting for them to win, simply because they haven't been in so long and they had so much hope.....and I really hate Florida for pretty much any sport :p :D

Alt+F4

Back in the gym after 6 months of being a *****
Awards
Sorry to bring this thread back to life, but I was just farting around AM today at work...reading this thread really brought back so much pain and heartache. You'd think I was kidding...

I was at a wedding in Maine that weekend. We were playing pool in the bar, watching the game, having a blast. Sox are up late, there's no way...wait...what's grady doing...no he just didn't...and I got about two hours sleep that night.

*sigh*

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
All you NH nuggets could've came to the Palace Theater on Sept. 28th to see my show! :mad:

:D I sucked anyway, I'll do it again next year..

Alt+F4

Back in the gym after 6 months of being a *****
Awards
Wow, I didn't even realize they had shows at the Palace...where are you from Pete?

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm from Boston, only 1hr away.. :)

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by bigpetefox
All you NH nuggets could've came to the Palace Theater on Sept. 28th to see my show! :mad:

:D I sucked anyway, I'll do it again next year..
I know I completely forgot about that show.  I live damn close to it.

Rictor33

Awards
  • Established
That article was probably biased, anyway we don't **** around here I've heard of some pretty bad beatdowns.