Notifications not working on iPhone app

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Hey

Basically like the title says. For some reason my notifications page isn't working. I've closed and reopened even shutoff my phone.

Anyone else having this problem?

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Need to know your Apple device (iPad 3, iPhone 6s, etc.) as well as the iOS version you're on to see what's going on here. Seems like it's only happening to some people and not all. And of course, as luck would have it, mine works fine so I can't diagnose it from my device.

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Need to know your Apple device (iPad 3, iPhone 6s, etc.) as well as the iOS version you're on to see what's going on here. Seems like it's only happening to some people and not all. And of course, as luck would have it, mine works fine so I can't diagnose it from my device.
iPhone 6 and just did the update this morning. Still doesn’t work

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Going to keep looking into this. So far, I've tried to replicate this on 4 iOS devices and it does not seem to be broken on any of them right now. Pair that with someone else who it was happening to yesterday, but today it works fine for him and this issue gets a little strange to troubleshoot.

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Going to keep looking into this. So far, I've tried to replicate this on 4 iOS devices and it does not seem to be broken on any of them right now. Pair that with someone else who it was happening to yesterday, but today it works fine for him and this issue gets a little strange to troubleshoot.
I tried loggin in and out..no luck..
I dont think this is a ios specific issue, the 3rd party who created app maybe having issues. Also could be country specific, server for specific area not functioning.. im located in UK.. any other users with issues outside USA?

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Could be. Hard to tell. There’s a lot of moving pieces within the apps, many of which rely on Apple itself for things to correctly function. And Apple will never admit something on their side isn’t working. It will just magically start working again.

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
I tried loggin in and out..no luck..
I dont think this is a ios specific issue, the 3rd party who created app maybe having issues. Also could be country specific, server for specific area not functioning.. im located in UK.. any other users with issues outside USA?
Canada here

iamyourfather

iamyourfather

Awards
europe, iphone 6s, ios 11.1.2 (havent updated it yet)

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
iPhone 7 with the newest iOS update and having problems

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Iphone 8 with new iOS update. Just fine. lol

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
iPhone users: go to SETTINGS, then scroll all the way down to ANABOLIC MINDS, then make sure NOTIFICATIONS are on and configured how you want them.

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
iPhone users: go to SETTINGS, then scroll all the way down to ANABOLIC MINDS, then make sure NOTIFICATIONS are on and configured how you want them.
This is not the solution!, there was no problems all settings not changed, started happening inapp, refreshing and loggin in out made no changes. I dont think its iphone issue as its inapp notifcations

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
This is not the solution!, there was no problems all settings not changed, started happening inapp, refreshing and loggin in out made no changes. I dont think its iphone issue as its inapp notifcations
Ok dude relax, it worked for me so I figured I’d share...

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have tried the above and still no solution

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Yep didn’t work for me. I don’t want notifications like that on my phone I just want the in app notifications page to work

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
It's not happening to most people that use the app. For those that it has happened to, clearing the cache from within the app has fixed it for some people, completely deleting the app and re-installing has helped fix it for others. And then there are some others that none of the above worked for. We're still working on it, but it's hard to fix something that I can't replicate. Lots of moving parts go into these apps between Apple and Android.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tried clearing cache, deleting and re-installing. No good..
USA, iphone 6, 11.2.5 (15D60)

iamyourfather

iamyourfather

Awards
i dont understand why it would stop working just without any reason, no changes on my mobile phone, nothing, the app just suddenly stopped working as usual. absolutely irrationally that this happens

BioCorRob

BioCorRob

Board Sponsor
Awards
i dont understand why it would stop working just without any reason, no changes on my mobile phone, nothing, the app just suddenly stopped working at usual. absolutely irrationally that this happens
Happened to me too a few days ago, and now is magically working again. Stranger things have happened in life..nothing surprises me anymore. If this is the worst thing that has happened to you lately, I'm extremely jealous.

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Just tried all suggest options and still nothing. For some reason the only “red dot” new notifications I get are for some random threads never any that I was actually following

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's not happening to most people that use the app. For those that it has happened to, clearing the cache from within the app has fixed it for some people, completely deleting the app and re-installing has helped fix it for others. And then there are some others that none of the above worked for. We're still working on it, but it's hard to fix something that I can't replicate. Lots of moving parts go into these apps between Apple and Android.
No disrespect but I think your approaching the problem the wrong way..
Its clear many people, not just 1-2 have all sudden got this issue..
Its not there mobile devices for sure as all was working fine without change.
Even if you can replicate the issue on your personal mobile what good will it do?

It could be some part of the forum got autoupdated or some features not, (14 Feb was my last notification)
Maybe check your server logs/mainframe logs around that date for something suspicious.
If the provider of your iOS app, I assume not yourself can also release a update if needed, could well be on there side.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Even if you can replicate the issue on your personal mobile what good will it do?

It could be some part of the forum got autoupdated or some features not, (14 Feb was my last notification)
Maybe check your server logs/mainframe logs around that date for something suspicious.
If the provider of your iOS app, I assume not yourself can also release a update if needed, could well be on there side.
No disrespect, but I think you are approaching my resolution the wrong way. I’ve told you numerous times we are already investigating it and working on it. If you don’t like the speed in which we are solving a complex issue, you’re more than welcome to stop using the app and go use another site.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
i dont understand why it would stop working just without any reason, no changes on my mobile phone, nothing, the app just suddenly stopped working as usual. absolutely irrationally that this happens
Because its as simple as apple changing something on their end. The app is constantly in contact with apple and if they change something, it can break. Then you have to find the problem, try to fix it, resubmit the app for approval, wait on apple to approve it and hope the fix actually follows their 5 million rules about how you can program your app to be in compliance.

So knowing that now, we would appreciate the same people constantly telling me something we already know, to stop...because its sort of like a kid in the back seat constantly asking me how long its going to be to get there. Eventually, i'm going to duct tape your mouth shut and ignore you.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established

No disrespect, but you're wrong.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The issue is to do with tapatalk

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/tapatalksupport/no-notifications-of-any-type-since-tapatalk-update-t39374.html

And user claims same day as I said. So yes its to do with a update!!
Sort of, but our app has not been updated (and even the beta update I'm running still has the issue). Still working on it but you're going to have to just chill out and be patient. Like I've said MULTIPLE times before, it's something to do with the backend workings between the app and Apple.

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
I appreciate the update on what’s going on. Yes it’s a pain in the butt with no notifications but I understand you guys are working on it! Thanks!

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I appreciate the update on what’s going on. Yes it’s a pain in the butt with no notifications but I understand you guys are working on it! Thanks!
Sure are. You have no idea how many hours I've put into this personally already. There are others in this thread that think they could fix it faster of course... ��

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Oconns28 are you running iOS or Android?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Lol.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Not working on my android either
Sending you a PM if you'd like to try the new beta app and see if that fixes it. So far, it's fixed it for 1 person but not another. Still a very strange issue.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
^did it fix it for oconns? I have ios with same issue also and i could test out new beta app

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
^did it fix it for oconns? I have ios with same issue also and i could test out new beta app
PMed him but haven't heard back yet. Shoot me a PM and I'll get you into the TestFlight beta program to try it out.

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
I’m liking the beta but unfortunately still no notifications

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I’m liking the beta but unfortunately still no notifications
Agreed, it actually caused mine to stop working when mine were working on the previous version. Still working on it with the developer. Not a quick process it seems, unfortunately. What's interesting is, I get the red dot next to the app on my phone screen and a number in the red circle noting that't there's something new in the app but nothing in the notifications tab. In the meantime, a good way to keep up to date is to just use the "SUBSCRIBED" link on the Discussions tab which will show you all of the threads you're subscribed to (you're subscribed automatically if you've been active in the thread previously) and you can run through the list there to see what's new until this is all fixed.

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Agreed, it actually caused mine to stop working when mine were working on the previous version. Still working on it with the developer. Not a quick process it seems, unfortunately. What's interesting is, I get the red dot next to the app on my phone screen and a number in the red circle noting that't there's something new in the app but nothing in the notifications tab. In the meantime, a good way to keep up to date is to just use the "SUBSCRIBED" link on the Discussions tab which will show you all of the threads you're subscribed to (you're subscribed automatically if you've been active in the thread previously) and you can run through the list there to see what's new until this is all fixed.
Hey yep that’s what I’ve been doing. Works well enough! I just get the red dot for “Supplements”

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Seems its working, what you do?