Better Private Message Support

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any change to update the forum so it handles private messages in less messy- quote style but more like a “chat style” like you speaking to someone on iphone messenger-fb etc.. maybe forum software not updated for a while guys? Please also check reping someone on mobile, must be a native way..

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
No and no.

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No and no.
Ok, but can you elaborate? Your reply sounded like your pissed off or something.. whole section on forum topics, was trying make discussion and think of improvements going forward, its a shame to hear such blunt answer..

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok, but can you elaborate? Your reply sounded like your pissed off or something.. whole section on forum topics, was trying make discussion and think of improvements going forward, its a shame to hear such blunt answer..
Huh?

You asked two questions. I simply answered them. No plans on any of that because of platform issues. If I could, I would, but I can't.

Can't update software without wrecking url structure and it would break the app, so until I get a solution for that, I can't.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
AM actually has a great app. Most of the fitness forums don’t even have their own app. So I’d say W2G AM! As for the messages, if you need to talk to someone that much, surely they could share another form of communication with you. That’s what I’ve done as I’ve made friends on here. Just a thought! I definitely don’t want to mess up the good things they have going already!

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
AM actually has a great app. Most of the fitness forums don’t even have their own app. So I’d say W2G AM! As for the messages, if you need to talk to someone that much, surely they could share another form of communication with you. That’s what I’ve done as I’ve made friends on here. Just a thought! I definitely don’t want to mess up the good things they have going already!
This!!

As I've developed friendships on AM, I find myself reaching out and contacting other members by text and phone. You know, kinda like friends do.

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
This!!

As I've developed friendships on AM, I find myself reaching out and contacting other members by text and phone. You know, kinda like friends do.
Talking to my friends in a personal manner? Eww. Gross.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Talking to my friends in a personal manner? Eww. Gross.
When you get to Georgia you'll wish you could talk to your friends! I mean, Georgia?? Not much sweet hiking in Georgia!

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
When you get to Georgia you'll wish you could talk to your friends! I mean, Georgia?? Not much sweet hiking in Georgia!
Don't remind me. There is some decent stuff an hour or more north of Atlanta. It's doable but it won't be right down the street anymore. And joke's on you. I don't have any friends!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Martyfnemec where are you moving from?

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
Martyfnemec where are you moving from?
I live in the Washington DC area in Maryland. A lot of hiking around me north in MD and south in VA. I am not moving yet, but I received a tentative offer from CDC in Atlanta so when that hits, the wife and I will be picking up and moving there for good. MD was always a temporary stop for us... Although "temporary" somehow became 3 years!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Oh yeah! Definitely not the same type of hiking but there are some areas. Just may have to drive north for most of it. I’ve only visited MD but it is beautiful! I’m in SC.

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
I drive through SC a couple times per year on my way to visit family in FL. I don't know anymore about the state than that. Haha.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I drive through SC a couple times per year on my way to visit family in FL. I don't know anymore about the state than that. Haha.
Haha I love it here! It will be worth taking a trip out to if/when you move to Atlanta.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
This thread got way too friendly. Friendliness is not allowed here.

:moon:

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
hrumph

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This!!

You haven't texted me yet :(