Is there a way to disable getting an email everytime someone replies to a thread?

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Everytime I post in a thread, it somehow automatically subscribes me to the thread and then I get email notifications for everytime someone replies to the thread. I'd prefer to just get notifications through my control panel, or the little globle icon in the upper right hand corner. That is, unless I specifically subscribe to a thread with a request to get an email when a response is posted.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
pogue

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
at the top of the page hover over your username and choose "settings" - then on the left side of the window scroll down to "My settings"->"My Account"->"General settings" (click this) scroll down to "messaging and notification" and change the "default subscription method".

a couple weeks ago mine randomly started emailing me every reply again tho even though ive had this turned off for years... had to go back in and reset it on mobile and pc.

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
at the top of the page hover over your username and choose "settings" - then on the left side of the window scroll down to "My settings"->"My Account"->"General settings" (click this) scroll down to "messaging and notification" and change the "default subscription method".

a couple weeks ago mine randomly started emailing me every reply again tho even though ive had this turned off for years... had to go back in and reset it on mobile and pc.
Thanks for the help. It was already set to "through control panel only" but I was still getting emails. I set it to no subscriptions, saved it, then set it back to through control panel and saved again, so hopefully that will fix it.

Is there another setting somewhere in the mobile app I need to change too?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thanks for the help. It was already set to "through control panel only" but I was still getting emails. I set it to no subscriptions, saved it, then set it back to through control panel and saved again, so hopefully that will fix it.

Is there another setting somewhere in the mobile app I need to change too?
nothing in the app. I had changed it through the mobile skin once but it was only because pc didn't seem to be working when I changed it.

Did it work for you?

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nope, still getting emails from threads I'm not subscribed to (that I only posted in) or subscribed through my CP.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Settings, Subscriptions. On the right hand side it will show which threads or forum you are subscribed to and what kind of notification.

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Settings, Subscriptions. On the right hand side it will show which threads or forum you are subscribed to and what kind of notification.
So, I've got about 44 topics listed as "instant". Is there a way I can select them all and change it to CP only?

Thanks.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes. There is little box at the top that selects all. Check that then go to bottom right in the drop down and select "through control panel"

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yes. There is little box at the top that selects all. Check that then go to bottom right in the drop down and select "through control panel"
Ah, got it. Thanks so much for the help!

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
No problem.