1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Nutraplanet has some amazing customer service. Lock out, not so much.......
    Hmmm... not in my opinion. When I've emailed/called lockout before I've spoke with the OWNER on occasion...

I haven't spoke with the owner of NP since around 2005/6....

Not that their CS tran isn't any good, they are great, but there's something nice in conversing with the guy who's pocket your putting money into and has a vested interest in maintaining a good customer shopping experience.

I'd buy from both any day... bulk supps from NP, cheaply priced prohormones/steroids from Lockout and both have their own combo deals and clearances that are amazing.
    iForceHemavol=He-man?-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/187487-hemavol-heman-doughs.htmlCompound 20 Beta log-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/185396-molding-dough-compound.html

2. Board Administrator
    Administrator
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.2%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by romangod View Post
    Yes, A list would be GREAT!
    We're working on it!

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.15%

In my experience price wars always equal poor quality. Sure you can buy three pairs of Walmart shoes for the price of a good pair of Merrels but all you get is three pairs of shoes that suck.
    When im buying bulk powders i want to believe i am getting what is promised and nothing more. I dont like the idea of someone skipping a step and leaving a bunch of residual processing chems in the product just to keep the price down.
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.74%

Quote Originally Posted by GO_OUTSIDE! View Post
    In my experience price wars always equal poor quality. Sure you can buy three pairs of Walmart shoes for the price of a good pair of Merrels but all you get is three pairs of shoes that suck.
    When im buying bulk powders i want to believe i am getting what is promised and nothing more. I dont like the idea of someone skipping a step and leaving a bunch of residual processing chems in the product just to keep the price down.
    Email me wbanks@chaosandpain.com ill send you some samples big dawg!
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.78%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Well that's cool
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.5%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

this is great news!
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.88%

If this was aimed at me, I'm not gonna argue.

Back when I started our first setup in 2008, we sorted products by things like "Grams of protein per dollar". But this isn't what users want. They typically want quality first -- but then want to see where they can get it either cheapest or most conveniently.

In our next phase of content, we are building a type of "questionnaire" app that will ask you a bunch of questions on what you're looking for in XYZ type of product. One of the questions will indeed be quality vs. low price. Most people will choose quality, and that's why the super dirt cheap stuff isn't at the top of our listings.

But either way, if you're looking for a specific product, you might as well get sent to the cheapest store. That, to me, is a consumer-friendly price war.

So yeah, you're right -- the "most grams per dollar" system does fall apart when you're looking at bulk powders. We don't really deal in that realm right now though.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.32%
    Achievements Posting Pro

wow! chchchchchanges.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.2%

Quote Originally Posted by PricePlow View Post
    Hey Anabolic Minds team,

This is Mike, creator of PricePlow (dot) com -- We've never spoken, but it's definitely time we started.

As we speak, I'm building an API Toolset and WordPress plugin that is going to allow anyone to use our price comparison engine to earn revenue in an ethical way.

I'd love to discuss a partnership that will work for you and the forum's visitors.

For instance, let's say someone starts a thread titled What's the Best Whey Protein? Typically, you'd rotate in your standard ads.

With our tools, the users will see the best deals on the top-rated whey protein supplements (and nothing that's amino-acid-spiked is gonna show up on my watch). Same thing goes if someone is talking about a company (say, everyone's talking about PES -- PES stuff shows up.)

It will be highly targeted and show great deals and we can work alongside your other sponsors. Everyone wins.

I'm hitting you up via your contact form, but I'm an open guy and figured everyone should see what we're cooking up.

If anyone knows me from my YouTube channel, I do love fitness, but I'm a tech geek first and foremost, and don't hide it. I will make this system work like crazy.

I'll be at the Arnold. If you or anyone else wants to discuss this system, let's meet up!

Thank you so much for your time,
    Mike
    contact
    Damn you mike!

I thought about this yearssssssssssssss ago, just never got anyone to do this!!!!
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.15%

If this was aimed at me, I'm not gonna argue.

Back when I started our first setup in 2008, we sorted products by things like "Grams of protein per dollar". But this isn't what users want. They typically want quality first -- but then want to see where they can get it either cheapest or most conveniently.

In our next phase of content, we are building a type of "questionnaire" app that will ask you a bunch of questions on what you're looking for in XYZ type of product. One of the questions will indeed be quality vs. low price. Most people will choose quality, and that's why the super dirt cheap stuff isn't at the top of our listings.

But either way, if you're looking for a specific product, you might as well get sent to the cheapest store. That, to me, is a consumer-friendly price war.

So yeah, you're right -- the "most grams per dollar" system does fall apart when you're looking at bulk powders. We don't really deal in that realm right now though.
    Nope not aimed at anyone, just my 2 cents. And, maybe some words of wisdom for anyone looking to undercut the competition by cutting corners. Ill stick with Chipotle no matter how much a Taco supreme costs.
  11. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.08%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

i see island and orbit...any more?
    BPS REP-DERMACRINE/ENDOSURGE TURBO/ELIMISTANE/MACAPRO....COMBUSTION/DCP 2.0/ADRENOSURGE
  12. Board Administrator
    Administrator
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.2%

Yes

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  13. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.08%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Yes
    good...i have used orbit before, pretty competitive prices!!!
    BPS REP-DERMACRINE/ENDOSURGE TURBO/ELIMISTANE/MACAPRO....COMBUSTION/DCP 2.0/ADRENOSURGE
  14. Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.95%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Get ready for the SNOwstorm

Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    snsgamers.com
  15. Board Administrator
    Administrator
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.2%

Shhhhh....

16. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.75%

Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    One of my favorite store
    S.n.S team member
  17. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.08%

lol....speaking of snow, indiana is about to get hit AGAIN!!!!! $$$$$$$
  18. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.88%

Quote Originally Posted by Mase64 View Post
    Damn you mike!

I thought about this yearssssssssssssss ago, just never got anyone to do this!!!!
    Thanks! It's not been easy, but I'm finally pretty proud of what we have. We still obviously have a ton of features and stores to add, including all of those mentioned in this thread and more.

Feel free to PM me to chat about it anytime. I'll be hanging here more often now that things are opening up for everyone.
  19. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.08%

Thanks! It's not been easy, but I'm finally pretty proud of what we have. We still obviously have a ton of features and stores to add, including all of those mentioned in this thread and more.

Feel free to PM me to chat about it anytime. I'll be hanging here more often now that things are opening up for everyone.
    out of whose pocket does your payoff come?

just curious...
  20. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.11%

Color me intrigued.....
    SoCal and Lockout would make me happy along with Orbit. Waiting for said SNOstorm, too though!
  21. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.08%

Quote Originally Posted by BoneDaddy View Post
    Color me intrigued.....
    SoCal and Lockout would make me happy along with Orbit. Waiting for said SNOstorm, too though!
    i checked out sno, decent weekly specials...lockout would be a very nice addition.
  22. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.61%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

I think this is absolutely awesome news. NP is the place I have spent more supplement dollars than anywhere else, but if someone has been limiting themselves to just buying there then you have really missed out.

Competition is a good thing for all. I really think this has the potential to grow the AM community!
    EvoMuse Products Rep

PM me with any questions!
  23. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3%

nice
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.54%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

What AM is doing is allowing more retailers to advertise on AM.com; this may mean price wars between the companies or alternative product promotions to occur across multiple sites.
    This will not compromise the quality of the products on sale though as they are not made by the retailers, so they cannot cut corners on quality as they have no say in how a product is produced.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  25. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.88%

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    out of whose pocket does your payoff come?

just curious...
    We're affiliated with the retailers and are not affiliated with any brand. It lets us be 100% unbiased in our product reviews and promotions. Works well for my sponsored athlete because he gets to review basically any supp under the sun

Figuring out a way to work with more retailers that don't have sales tracking programs is a big plan for the next few months, which will hopefully take us to next-level status.
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.33%

Most of the weekly deals on SNO seem high to me. $29 for Orange Triad is good enough to classify as a weekly deal? First time hearing of the place so maybe I just need to wait and see.
  27. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  171 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.74%

Nothing but love for NP. Always great service at a great price.
    Taste the rainbow.
  28. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.08%

We're affiliated with the retailers and are not affiliated with any brand. It lets us be 100% unbiased in our product reviews and promotions. Works well for my sponsored athlete because he gets to review basically any supp under the sun

Figuring out a way to work with more retailers that don't have sales tracking programs is a big plan for the next few months, which will hopefully take us to next-level status.
    does access to this info come thru the regular AM forum...or is this a seperate thing with have to sign up for?

will your fee to retailers eventually be high enough that effects their bottom line enough to increase cost to us, the consumers?

i am perfectly willing to do my own searching if it means lower prices, it isn't really that big of a deal to me...
  29. Board Administrator
    Administrator
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.2%

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    does access to this info come thru the regular AM forum...or is this a seperate thing with have to sign up for?

will your fee to retailers eventually be high enough that effects their bottom line enough to increase cost to us, the consumers?

i am perfectly willing to do my own searching if it means lower prices, it isn't really that big of a deal to me...
    We are not affiliated in any way. We are looking at the possibilities for the future. There is definitely some promise to this for the membership. Just have to see what happens...

30. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.83%

Understood. Excited to be here.
    Such a broad knowledge base here!
  31. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.08%

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    We are not affiliated in any way. We are looking at the possibilities for the future. There is definitely some promise to this for the membership. Just have to see what happens...
    understood...i am seeing the changes you are making as a good thing.

my only issue is a middleman for retailers, in my experience middlemen cause increases in prices...the way you have it set up i find it very easy to hunt for the lowest price on my own, especially if it means lower prices.

if he makes a deal with retailers i understand that is out of your control.....

keep up the good work, looks good so far!!!!
  32. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.45%

Sounds good Nutra is the best !
  33. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3%

coolies
  34. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.55%

Good stuff!!!!
  35. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.17%

Nice!
  36. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  100 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.83%

ok great hope it works out
  37. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.89%

Quote Originally Posted by LimmetLess View Post
    haha... me too, my stomach dropped.
    hahhahaaahhhaahahahah
  38. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.17%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Let's see how this unfolds. Still feel plenty of nostalgia for the incredible NutraPlanet-AnabolicMinds days of yore.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  39. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.93%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Hey Anabolic Minds team,

This is Mike, creator of PricePlow (dot) com -- We've never spoken, but it's definitely time we started.

As we speak, I'm building an API Toolset and WordPress plugin that is going to allow anyone to use our price comparison engine to earn revenue in an ethical way.

I'd love to discuss a partnership that will work for you and the forum's visitors.

For instance, let's say someone starts a thread titled What's the Best Whey Protein? Typically, you'd rotate in your standard ads.

With our tools, the users will see the best deals on the top-rated whey protein supplements (and nothing that's amino-acid-spiked is gonna show up on my watch). Same thing goes if someone is talking about a company (say, everyone's talking about PES -- PES stuff shows up.)

It will be highly targeted and show great deals and we can work alongside your other sponsors. Everyone wins.

I'm hitting you up via your contact form, but I'm an open guy and figured everyone should see what we're cooking up.

If anyone knows me from my YouTube channel, I do love fitness, but I'm a tech geek first and foremost, and don't hide it. I will make this system work like crazy.

I'll be at the Arnold. If you or anyone else wants to discuss this system, let's meet up!

Thank you so much for your time,
    Mike
    contact
    Hey mike, good to see you here!
    PES REPRESENTATIVE
    pescience.com
    http://pescience.com/insider
  40. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.68%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    Let's see how this unfolds. Still feel plenty of nostalgia for the incredible NutraPlanet-AnabolicMinds days of yore.
    THIS FTW!!!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 51
    Last Post: 08-08-2012, 07:13 PM
  2. New site - news, stories, profiles etc
    By eroid in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-11-2010, 05:13 PM
  3. Information Sites and Books (No Hunting Format)
    By Matthew D in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-25-2006, 10:13 AM
  4. An interesting news article...
    By Sean in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-09-2002, 09:51 PM
  5. what happened to site BDC
    By ralph4u2c in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-15-2002, 08:04 PM