Site News

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

1. Yay!!!!!! Me likes.

2. In to see the new competition
    Follow me on my log to life and lift: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229476-mtinsideouts-log-life.html
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by rosemont83 View Post
    Great news lol
    Thought I was being banned or something when I had to read this before seeing anything else on the forum lmao
    Looking forward to better prices
    This^^^ Whew!
    I <3 Carbs
  4. Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    This could turn out to be a great opportunity! As always I assume it will be against the rules to link to retailers that are not sponsors to AM.com so it really depends on which retailers pony up and sponsor the site.
    We are going to let companies link to these new retailers within their own forums. We think that's fair. Retailers can't actively promote on AM though unless they are an advertiser.

We will slowly be adding them and also creating a section that pulls all the deals posted there and displaying sponsors deals on the homepage, Facebook, newsletter, etc....

If we get the success we've had with our articles and aggregating them, everyone should be very happy with the end result.

The Anabolic section will also be changing soon to allow for advertisers to have their own forum.

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

5. Hopefully we get some great deals on new products
    •   

6. Two thumbs up!
  7. PricePlow and AM = Match Made in Heaven

Hey Anabolic Minds team,

This is Mike, creator of PricePlow (dot) com -- We've never spoken, but it's definitely time we started.

As we speak, I'm building an API Toolset and WordPress plugin that is going to allow anyone to use our price comparison engine to earn revenue in an ethical way.

I'd love to discuss a partnership that will work for you and the forum's visitors.

For instance, let's say someone starts a thread titled What's the Best Whey Protein? Typically, you'd rotate in your standard ads.

With our tools, the users will see the best deals on the top-rated whey protein supplements (and nothing that's amino-acid-spiked is gonna show up on my watch). Same thing goes if someone is talking about a company (say, everyone's talking about PES -- PES stuff shows up.)

It will be highly targeted and show great deals and we can work alongside your other sponsors. Everyone wins.

I'm hitting you up via your contact form, but I'm an open guy and figured everyone should see what we're cooking up.

If anyone knows me from my YouTube channel, I do love fitness, but I'm a tech geek first and foremost, and don't hide it. I will make this system work like crazy.

I'll be at the Arnold. If you or anyone else wants to discuss this system, let's meet up!

Thank you so much for your time,
    Mike
    contact

8. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    i am interested in a list of the new retailers!!! this could be a good thing, i hope!!!

in my experience, new and improved does not always equal better....but AM is my home and i wish AM/SAM/NUTRAPLANET all the best!!!
    Yes, A list would be GREAT!

9. Good b/c I was sick of going to other forums to learn about the deals etc when I just wanted to stay on AM...

10. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Nutraplanet has some amazing customer service. Lock out, not so much.......
    Hmmm... not in my opinion. When I've emailed/called lockout before I've spoke with the OWNER on occasion...

I haven't spoke with the owner of NP since around 2005/6....

Not that their CS tran isn't any good, they are great, but there's something nice in conversing with the guy who's pocket your putting money into and has a vested interest in maintaining a good customer shopping experience.

I'd buy from both any day... bulk supps from NP, cheaply priced prohormones/steroids from Lockout and both have their own combo deals and clearances that are amazing.
    iForceHemavol=He-man?-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/187487-hemavol-heman-doughs.htmlCompound 20 Beta log-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/185396-molding-dough-compound.html
  11. Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by romangod View Post
    Yes, A list would be GREAT!
    We're working on it!

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

12. In my experience price wars always equal poor quality. Sure you can buy three pairs of Walmart shoes for the price of a good pair of Merrels but all you get is three pairs of shoes that suck.
    When im buying bulk powders i want to believe i am getting what is promised and nothing more. I dont like the idea of someone skipping a step and leaving a bunch of residual processing chems in the product just to keep the price down.

13. Quote Originally Posted by GO_OUTSIDE! View Post
    In my experience price wars always equal poor quality. Sure you can buy three pairs of Walmart shoes for the price of a good pair of Merrels but all you get is three pairs of shoes that suck.
    When im buying bulk powders i want to believe i am getting what is promised and nothing more. I dont like the idea of someone skipping a step and leaving a bunch of residual processing chems in the product just to keep the price down.
    Email me [email protected] ill send you some samples big dawg!

14. Well that's cool

15. this is great news!
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

16. Quote Originally Posted by GO_OUTSIDE! View Post
    In my experience price wars always equal poor quality. Sure you can buy three pairs of Walmart shoes for the price of a good pair of Merrels but all you get is three pairs of shoes that suck.
    If this was aimed at me, I'm not gonna argue.

Back when I started our first setup in 2008, we sorted products by things like "Grams of protein per dollar". But this isn't what users want. They typically want quality first -- but then want to see where they can get it either cheapest or most conveniently.

In our next phase of content, we are building a type of "questionnaire" app that will ask you a bunch of questions on what you're looking for in XYZ type of product. One of the questions will indeed be quality vs. low price. Most people will choose quality, and that's why the super dirt cheap stuff isn't at the top of our listings.

But either way, if you're looking for a specific product, you might as well get sent to the cheapest store. That, to me, is a consumer-friendly price war.

So yeah, you're right -- the "most grams per dollar" system does fall apart when you're looking at bulk powders. We don't really deal in that realm right now though.

17. wow! chchchchchanges.

18. Quote Originally Posted by PricePlow View Post
    Hey Anabolic Minds team,

This is Mike, creator of PricePlow (dot) com -- We've never spoken, but it's definitely time we started.

As we speak, I'm building an API Toolset and WordPress plugin that is going to allow anyone to use our price comparison engine to earn revenue in an ethical way.

I'd love to discuss a partnership that will work for you and the forum's visitors.

For instance, let's say someone starts a thread titled What's the Best Whey Protein? Typically, you'd rotate in your standard ads.

With our tools, the users will see the best deals on the top-rated whey protein supplements (and nothing that's amino-acid-spiked is gonna show up on my watch). Same thing goes if someone is talking about a company (say, everyone's talking about PES -- PES stuff shows up.)

It will be highly targeted and show great deals and we can work alongside your other sponsors. Everyone wins.

I'm hitting you up via your contact form, but I'm an open guy and figured everyone should see what we're cooking up.

If anyone knows me from my YouTube channel, I do love fitness, but I'm a tech geek first and foremost, and don't hide it. I will make this system work like crazy.

I'll be at the Arnold. If you or anyone else wants to discuss this system, let's meet up!

Thank you so much for your time,
    Mike
    contact
    Damn you mike!

I thought about this yearssssssssssssss ago, just never got anyone to do this!!!!

19. Quote Originally Posted by PricePlow View Post
    If this was aimed at me, I'm not gonna argue.

Back when I started our first setup in 2008, we sorted products by things like "Grams of protein per dollar". But this isn't what users want. They typically want quality first -- but then want to see where they can get it either cheapest or most conveniently.

In our next phase of content, we are building a type of "questionnaire" app that will ask you a bunch of questions on what you're looking for in XYZ type of product. One of the questions will indeed be quality vs. low price. Most people will choose quality, and that's why the super dirt cheap stuff isn't at the top of our listings.

But either way, if you're looking for a specific product, you might as well get sent to the cheapest store. That, to me, is a consumer-friendly price war.

So yeah, you're right -- the "most grams per dollar" system does fall apart when you're looking at bulk powders. We don't really deal in that realm right now though.
    Nope not aimed at anyone, just my 2 cents. And, maybe some words of wisdom for anyone looking to undercut the competition by cutting corners. Ill stick with Chipotle no matter how much a Taco supreme costs.

20. i see island and orbit...any more?
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID
  21. Administrator

Yes

22. Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Yes
    good...i have used orbit before, pretty competitive prices!!!

23. Get ready for the SNOwstorm

Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    mike at competitiveedgelabs dot com

24. Administrator

Shhhhh....

25. Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    Get ready for the SNOwstorm
    One of my favorite store

26. Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    lol....speaking of snow, indiana is about to get hit AGAIN!!!!! $$$$$$$

27. Quote Originally Posted by Mase64 View Post
    Damn you mike!

I thought about this yearssssssssssssss ago, just never got anyone to do this!!!!
    Thanks! It's not been easy, but I'm finally pretty proud of what we have. We still obviously have a ton of features and stores to add, including all of those mentioned in this thread and more.

Feel free to PM me to chat about it anytime. I'll be hanging here more often now that things are opening up for everyone.

28. Quote Originally Posted by PricePlow View Post
    Thanks! It's not been easy, but I'm finally pretty proud of what we have. We still obviously have a ton of features and stores to add, including all of those mentioned in this thread and more.

Feel free to PM me to chat about it anytime. I'll be hanging here more often now that things are opening up for everyone.
    out of whose pocket does your payoff come?

just curious...

29. Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    Color me intrigued.....
    SoCal and Lockout would make me happy along with Orbit. Waiting for said SNOstorm, too though!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 51
    Last Post: 08-08-2012, 07:13 PM
  2. New site - news, stories, profiles etc
    By eroid in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-11-2010, 05:13 PM
  3. Information Sites and Books (No Hunting Format)
    By Matthew D in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-25-2006, 10:13 AM
  4. An interesting news article...
    By Sean in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-09-2002, 09:51 PM
  5. what happened to site BDC
    By ralph4u2c in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-15-2002, 08:04 PM