Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Whack Iphone App

I've got three issues two being with the phone app
    1) it would be cool if you could add reputation from the iPhone app
    2) I get the little red badge notification on the home screen on my phone but not when I open the actual app
    3) on my computer the notifications never refresh its always a different number wen though I hav clicked on all of them

2. Administrator
    Board Administrator

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Whack?

yeah, that will get me working on it real quick.

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  3. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Admin
    Whack?

I like the app...
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Admin
    Whack?

Sorry the subject was just to get people clickin..didn't mean it. Love the app jus those two things bug me
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I would also like to see rep added to iPhone. And yes I agree the computer AM notification bar had gone down the crap shoot ever since that issue about a month ago. It never works properly, when I used to never have a problem with it. Love AM in any case though!
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Hcc5881
    Also, half the time I click on something it goes to pull up and stops. I have to back up and click it again a second or third time before it works. This is on the iPhone ap only.
    Yea same here. It goes to a solid grey screen.
    PES Representative
  7. Administrator
    Board Administrator

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Issues have been noted but we're having trouble replicating the problem.

The notifications work flawlessly for us....so it could be an issue on your end with your browser.

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  8. Administrator
    Board Administrator

Tough to nail down the issue...different phones, different settings, different IOS, different carriers, etc......

9. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

for me on the comp browser the notifications pull up threads that I unsubscribed from.

I like the IOS app, but the Android one just seems off. Can't get used to the interface really.
  10. Administrator
    Board Administrator

Only thing I can do is report it and try to find similar issues with other people who are using the same base program. We don't program the app...its through a 3rd party so all bugs/fixes have to go through them.

11. Administrator
    Board Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bolanrox View Post
    for me on the comp browser the notifications pull up threads that I unsubscribed from.

I like the IOS app, but the Android one just seems off. Can't get used to the interface really.
    Notifications have nothing to do with your subscription....those settings are here. Setting, General Settings, scroll to bottom.

12. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

cool does Forum Runner create / update the apps?
  13. Administrator
    Board Administrator

Former owner of that....they were bought out by Internet Brands who owns Vbulletin.

14. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  232 lbs.

Love this forum so far, much better than others I've been on. Been mainly using the iOS app and it's awesome but for me little bug, the app will close itself without warning occasionally. Its not that big a deal just thought I'd mention it if you guys are gonna try to get bug fixes anyway
  15. New Member

Figure I'll just put it here instead of starting a new thread.

Had anyone had issues using an iPhone 4s and the mobile app crashing? For whatever reason I'll be surfing threads or forums and the app will crash. It's done this many times and has is annoying when trying to find something specific only to have to start over again.
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

It's funny while I was reading ur post mine crashed it suks when u have been down the columns and it does it
  17. Administrator
    Board Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by tsugsr
    Figure I'll just put it here instead of starting a new thread.

Had anyone had issues using an iPhone 4s and the mobile app crashing? For whatever reason I'll be surfing threads or forums and the app will crash. It's done this many times and has is annoying when trying to find something specific only to have to start over again.
    No, not really....

Sent from my iPad using Am.com

18. New Member

Well I do not know what is causing it, but I know it does it just about every time I use the app. As the other response stated, it's super irritating when you have done all that finger scrolling only to have to do it again to find what you were looking for.

Maybe for the "last viewed" tab list of recent topics, could a way be found to make it show those topics that were actually opened and read vs. what it does now and show the same thing that's under 'current topics' ??

Just trying to help a great forum out :-)
  19. Administrator
    Board Administrator

Does it happen only when searching?

I can't fix a problem that doesn't happen with any of my devices. App's crash for a million reasons....we've had over 50k downloads for the iphone alone and do not have a lot people have it crash on them or we would hear about it in the reviews and on the forum much more than the couple we have heard.

Apple IOS crashes apps sometimes....I've had it happen on almost everything, but thats life under Apple. Can't do much unless I can reproduce it on a large scale.

Try deleting it and downloading again. Other than that I can't really do anything...

20. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

^^ agreed - i had random crashes with the AM app on iOS but nothing more than what i would get with tapatalk or anything else.. I blame apple
  21. New Member

Prolly is an apple issue, I'll try the reinstall and see if I helps, good to know admin read this stuff :-)
  22. Hug it out.
    Board Administrator
    Stats
    5'11"  179 lbs.

I have a 4s and it will crash occasionally, but no more often than Facebook, CNN, etc. apps do. If you can narrow it down to a specific sequence of things you do inside of the app which make it always crash then let me know because that would indicate an issue with the app itself. If it's at random, it's more than likely just an iOS thing.

I'm not necessarily saying that it's NOT the app's fault, but without something that I can replicate it's tough to diagnose.
  23. New Member

Understood, I'll see if I can remember what I'm doing when it happens and I'll post it up if I figure something out.
  24. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  171 lbs.

new user... really like the app tho, gets me through a boring school day
  25. Hug it out.
    Board Administrator
    Stats
    5'11"  179 lbs.

Please be a bit more specific if you'd like help with it.
  26. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hcc5881 View Post
    Is it me or does this app keep getting buggier?
    About threw my phone at the wall yesterday.....

When I click on a log it constantly goes to loading with a gray background and then the loading will go away and nothing happens. Just stays on a gray screen. I then have to kill the app restart and a lot of the time the app won't load and I have to turn my phone off and turn it back on for the damn thing to work right. Man it gets frustrating. I agree with you here. AM for the win though!
    PES Representative
  27. Hug it out.
    Board Administrator
    Stats
    5'11"  179 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hcc5881
    I already have. Read what I and everyone else has said. It's all true.
    If you're going to be non-specific about a free app, please feel free to request a refund...
  28. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold

If you're going to be non-specific about a free app, please feel free to request a refund...
    I tried to make light of what he was trying to say?
    PES Representative
  29. Hug it out.
    Board Administrator
    Stats
    5'11"  179 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift

About threw my phone at the wall yesterday.....

When I click on a log it constantly goes to loading with a gray background and then the loading will go away and nothing happens. Just stays on a gray screen. I then have to kill the app restart and a lot of the time the app won't load and I have to turn my phone off and turn it back on for the damn thing to work right. Man it gets frustrating. I agree with you here. AM for the win though!
    Phone/OS/app version?
  30. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

iPhone not sure in app
    PES Representative
  31. Hug it out.
    Board Administrator
    Stats
    5'11"  179 lbs.

iPhone not sure in app
    Go to More then About..it's listed in there.
  32. Hug it out.
    Board Administrator
    Stats
    5'11"  179 lbs.

When I click on a log it constantly goes to loading with a gray background and then the loading will go away and nothing happens. Just stays on a gray screen.
    next time this happens try to click the back button then click on the page again and see if it loads? Not a solution but may help point me in the right direction when I report to the developers.
  33. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

PES Representative
  34. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

next time this happens try to click the back button then click on the page again and see if it loads? Not a solution but may help point me in the right direction when I report to the developers.
    That's what I do sometimes and it usually takes a good 3-4 attempts. :-/. Goes slow after that.
    PES Representative
  35. Hug it out.
    Board Administrator
    Stats
    5'11"  179 lbs.

1.5.14 is the latest, try to update from the app store and see if that helps.
  36. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

1.5.14 is the latest, try to update from the app store and see if that helps.
    Nice will do now!
    PES Representative
  37. Hug it out.
    Board Administrator
    Stats
    5'11"  179 lbs.

Report sends the post to moderators for review, not the developers. I will open up a support issue with the developers, but I have to warn you that for non critical issues their response time has been slow lately since vbulletin/Internet brands bought the app company.
  38. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Ari sorry to say the upgrade caused more glitches then the old one. Was closer to throwing my phone at the wall today then any day. :-(
    PES Representative
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

i love the app!! its almost all i ever use,i just wish i could rep from ot!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/198788-highschool-athlete-thread.html
  40. Administrator
    Board Administrator

Mine stayed the same. Works the same. Dont have any problems.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Anyone else use their iphone as a log?
    By trengang in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-14-2012, 01:26 PM
  2. iPhone App for AM?
    By TheDarkHalf in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-07-2010, 06:16 PM
  3. iPhone 3.0
    By D3vildog in forum General Chat
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-07-2009, 11:18 PM