5alpha test, blood work question.

jshin

Awards
Any idea how long 5alpha test would throw off a blood test for testosterone/SHBG/FSH/LH/Prolactin? I had an appointment today with my Urologist and had a discussion about TRT. I'm currently on wk 2 of a 5alpha test run, dosing 3/3/3/3 for recomp purposes. He requested a blood draw to check my test levels.
From everything I've read it seems like 5alpha and 11 oxo (Epiandrosterone/androsterone) have very short active lives? How long would I have to be off cold turkey to get an accurate picture?

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
Any idea how long 5alpha test would throw off a blood test for testosterone/SHBG/FSH/LH/Prolactin? I had an appointment today with my Urologist and had a discussion about TRT. I'm currently on wk 2 of a 5alpha test run, dosing 3/3/3/3 for recomp purposes. He requested a blood draw to check my test levels.
From everything I've read it seems like 5alpha and 11 oxo (Epiandrosterone/androsterone) have very short active lives? How long would I have to be off cold turkey to get an accurate picture?
Hard to say honestly, no one knows how you will react vs someone else best guess I could give 4 weeks off if you stop now.