1-DHEA – Powerful According to Researchers

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
So I sent a link to an interesting study and article today so I thought I would post it up.

1-DHEA – Powerful According to Researchers

1-DHEA is a prohormone to 1-Testosterone (dihydroboldenone). It is commonly sold under the brand name of “1-Andro” (1-Androsterone). 1-Andro is a non 17-aa prohormone requiring two steps in its conversion to 1-Test. Reduction of the 17-ketone functional group by 17b-HSD produces 1-Androstendiol while oxidation of the 3-hydroxyl group by 3b-HSD produces 1-Androstenedione. Both of these metabolites may have some intrinsic anabolic/androgenic properties, but it is their further conversion to 1-Testosterone that produces the anabolic muscle building effects seen from 1-Andro.
1-DHEA - Powerful Prohormone According to Researchers | Designer Steroids | TunedSports.com - Legal Anabolic Steroid & Pro-hormone Supplement Blog.

3-hydroxy-5alpha-androst-1-en-17-one Enhances Muscular Gains but Impairs the Cardio-metabolic Health of Resistance Trained Males.

Anabolic steroids increase resistance training (RT) gains (muscle strength and hypertrophy) but are illegal
to purchase. Prohormone supplements are purported to offer similar benefits but research on the efficacy
and side effects of these supplements is scarce. Purpose: To assess the efficacy and side effects of a popular
prohormone supplement in resistance-trained males. Methods: 16 males (23±1yrs; 13.1±1.5%BF; 5.3±1.0yrs
RT experience) were randomly assigned to ingest either 330 mg/d 3-hydroxy-5alpha-androst-1-en-17-one
(PROHORMONE; n=9) or 330 mg/d sugar (PLACEBO; n=7) while completing a 4 week (16 session)
structured RT program. Data collection was double-blind. Body composition (lean mass:
hydrodensitometry), muscular strength (total load (kg) on 1 repetition maximum of
bench/squat/deadlift), circulating lipids (cholesterol, HDL-C, LDL-C), cardio-metabolic function
(creatinine, serum glutamic oxaloacetic transaminase (SGOT), circulating cytokines (TNF-a, Il-6, Il-10) and
psychological factors (anger: State/Trait Anger Expression Inventory/ anxiety: Hospital Anxiety &
Depression Scale/ fatigue: Fatigue Impact Scale/ mood: Profile of Mood States) were assessed at the
beginning and end of the supplementation period. A 2-factor [Time*Condition] repeated measures
ANOVA was used to discern differences between groups. Results: Increases in lean mass (4.7±0.9 VS.
0.5±0.6 kg; p=0.013) and muscular strength (73.2±5.8 VS. 31.4.1± 8.6 kg; p=0.008) were greater in
PROHORMONE than PLACEBO. However, creatinine (1.06±0.03 to 1.27±0.04 mg/dl; p=0.033), SGOT
(24.8±0.9 to 41.4±6.3 IU/L; p=0.008), LDL-C/HDL-C (2.2±0.2 to 4.8±0.6; p=0.008), and Cholesterol/HDL-C
(3.6±0.3 to 6.4±0.6; p=0.003) increased and HDL-C (46.1±3.5 to 27.3±1.3 mg/dl; p=0.018) decreased from
pre-posttest in PROHORMONE; these variables were unchanged in PLACEBO. None of the circulating
cytokines nor any of the psychological factors changed from pre-posttest in either group. Conclusion: The
prohormone supplement contributed to robust improvements in muscle mass and strength in resistancetrained males but these gains came at the price of subject’s cardio-metabolic function
http://digitalcommons.wku.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1552&context=ijesab

Plus it fits in well with the log I will be starting this Saturday AlphaMass/5 AlphaTest :thumbsup:

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice! I was gonna throw this up in the AMS sub-forum as well. Just haven't yet cause my phone doesn't copy/paste it right.

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Regarding the toxicity related to increases in creatinine and AST, does anyone know how much these values increased as compared to the extent they'd be increased by taking harsher methylated PH's?

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
Regarding the toxicity related to increases in creatinine and AST, does anyone know how much these values increased as compared to the extent they'd be increased by taking harsher methylated PH's?
It depends on the compound in question but some of the things on the market have no human clinical studies. I will be on the road tonight but i will see if I can find something on the market to compare it to tonight...

Please keep in mind it could be a very rough guess depending what i find in the studies I have saved and what I can dig up.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
Sorry man I just cant seem to find this data in relation to any current pro hormones.

xhrr

Awards
330 mg a serving of AM contains 30 and 60 mg per day at the rec. dose. Nice only 270mg short.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
330 mg a serving of AM contains 30 and 60 mg per day at the rec. dose. Nice only 270mg short.
The purpose of the other ingredients in Alpha Mass is to increase absorption of the hormone to allow for greater Bioavailability at a lower dose.

It is the same concept as taking it with food which I would still suggest as a good idea.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12627930

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry man I just cant seem to find this data in relation to any current pro hormones.
That's okay, thanks for checking. Just out of curiosity, do you know how high, on average, creatinine and AST levels were increased in subjects taking 1-DHEA?

xhrr

Awards
The purpose of the other ingredients in Alpha Mass is to increase absorption of the hormone to allow for greater Bioavailability at a lower dose.

It is the same concept as taking it with food which I would still suggest as a good idea.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12627930
Well I agree but we don't know that they weren't taking it with food and two there is only speculation about how much the delivery system actually increases the bioavailability of the hormone.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That's okay, thanks for checking. Just out of curiosity, do you know how high, on average, creatinine and AST levels were increased in subjects taking 1-DHEA?
How much of a problem is that increase in creatinine and AST? What does that actually mean?

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
How much of a problem is that increase in creatinine and AST? What does that actually mean?
It means there seems to be some liver damage, how is it relative to more common methylated steroids not sure I would guess much less toxic but never seen direct comparisons