Ab & am newbe looking for advise

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.34%

Ab & am newbe looking for advise

As I will be running a forerunner cycle in the near future I wanted to ask a question to two. Would this just be crazy talk for my first cycle?
    I'm 39 190 lbs 26% body fat. Should I cut down further or can I use these products for a recomp? My plan is to run Alphamass 6/6/6/6/6/6/6/6/0 and alphabulk 0/6/6/6/6/6/6/6/6 for a total of 9 weeks then Reboot for 4 weeks?
    Crazy talk?

Thanks in advance.

2. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.39%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I think you should definitely cut down a little first. YOu can get to 15% natty in only a few weeks of hard dieting.
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

3. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.81%

Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd
    I think you should definitely cut down a little first. YOu can get to 15% natty in only a few weeks of hard dieting.
    190 lbs with a 26% bf there is no way he can lose 11% in just a couple weeks.

But I agree that you should wait and cut down maybe a couple months then get on it and actually see some big gains
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.34%

Thanks for the input guys, I really appreciate your time. I will plan on cutting down further before starting, as I am in no hurry to start.
    At this point I am hitting 2200 cals a day with my macros hitting aprox 40/25/35- fat/carbs/protein. Fats come from either flaxseed oil, fish oil or olive oil , almonds and almond butter. Carbs are from oatmeal, veggies, blueberries, romain lettuce and maltodextrin. Proteins come from chicken breast, flank steak, and tilapia, and protein powders.
    As for exercise I'm lifting 5 days a week for aprox 45 minutes and cardio for 20 minutes (3 days low impact treadmill heart rate at 130 bpm and 3 days 20 min hiit 30 second intervals on elliptical machine) 6 days a week.
    Any tips?
  5. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.39%

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch5 View Post
    190 lbs with a 26% bf there is no way he can lose 11% in just a couple weeks.

But I agree that you should wait and cut down maybe a couple months then get on it and actually see some big gains
    Who said two weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluntphunk View Post
    Thanks for the input guys, I really appreciate your time. I will plan on cutting down further before starting, as I am in no hurry to start.
    At this point I am hitting 2200 cals a day with my macros hitting aprox 40/25/35- fat/carbs/protein. Fats come from either flaxseed oil, fish oil or olive oil , almonds and almond butter. Carbs are from oatmeal, veggies, blueberries, romain lettuce and maltodextrin. Proteins come from chicken breast, flank steak, and tilapia, and protein powders.
    As for exercise I'm lifting 5 days a week for aprox 45 minutes and cardio for 20 minutes (3 days low impact treadmill heart rate at 130 bpm and 3 days 20 min hiit 30 second intervals on elliptical machine) 6 days a week.
    Any tips?
    There are a lot of ways to go about dieting. What has worked for you in the past?
    ForeRunner Labs

6. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.81%

Who said two weeks?
    "few" weeks. 11% drop especially since only 190 lbs will take quite a while
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.34%

Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    Who said two weeks?

There are a lot of ways to go about dieting. What has worked for you in the past?
    This macro ratio is doing fairly well for me I have been able to keep most of my lean mass and drop 7 pounds in a about a month and a half but I lowered my caloric intake to where it is now (2200 cals) but my weight loss has stalled for the past three weeks. I did add maltodextren to both before and my workouts (12 grams before and 25 after). Think this is the issue? And on another note I should probably move this descussion to the weight loss forum.
    Any thoughts?
  8. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.39%

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch5 View Post
    "few" weeks. 11% drop especially since only 190 lbs will take quite a while
    No, not when you are starting that high. I can go from 12% to 7-8% in under 6 weeks (that's a few weeks). Doing that is a lot harder than going from 26% to 15%.
    ForeRunner Labs

9. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.39%

This macro ratio is doing fairly well for me I have been able to keep most of my lean mass and drop 7 pounds in a about a month and a half but I lowered my caloric intake to where it is now (2200 cals) but my weight loss has stalled for the past three weeks. I did add maltodextren to both before and my workouts (12 grams before and 25 after). Think this is the issue? And on another note I should probably move this descussion to the weight loss forum.
    Any thoughts?
    It would be a good question to ask in that forum. People have different opinions as you can see in this thread. 2200 cals is fairly low already. Are you using caffeine or anything?
    ForeRunner Labs

10. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.81%

No, not when you are starting that high. I can go from 12% to 7-8% in under 6 weeks (that's a few weeks). Doing that is a lot harder than going from 26% to 15%.
    I always thought of few as 3-4 so maybe that was just miscommunication lol. But still It will be hard in 6 weeks to drop 11 percent for most people
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.34%

It would be a good question to ask in that forum. People have different opinions as you can see in this thread. 2200 cals is fairly low already. Are you using caffeine or anything?
    I am taking IForce Dexaprine and Primordial Performance's Dermatherm Target topical every morning, and I also felt that my cals were fairly low but with my fat loss stalling I'm of really sure what to do. Could it just be something as smple as my body demanding homeostasis?
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.71%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Hey guys I plan to run either AM or AB but not sure which to run. I know it is all relative to what I am trying to achieve, but it seems the both do the same thing, except one is wet and the other is dry. Which brings me to my question, what does the wet/dry really mean. I keep thinking the wet means that you get big but look soft, while dry is get big but have that hard look. I want the hard look, I have seen big muscular guys, that look soft with no veins. I don't want to look like a sponge cake, I want more of a well baked bread look lol, if you know what I mean. I plan to stack with Androhard V3 and also with DAA. Please advise on the wet/dry and why one might be better than the other.
  13. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.39%

I am taking IForce Dexaprine and Primordial Performance's Dermatherm Target topical every morning, and I also felt that my cals were fairly low but with my fat loss stalling I'm of really sure what to do. Could it just be something as smple as my body demanding homeostasis?
    Cardio? How often do you weight train?
    ForeRunner Labs

14. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.39%

Quote Originally Posted by ABNRanger View Post
    Hey guys I plan to run either AM or AB but not sure which to run. I know it is all relative to what I am trying to achieve, but it seems the both do the same thing, except one is wet and the other is dry. Which brings me to my question, what does the wet/dry really mean. I keep thinking the wet means that you get big but look soft, while dry is get big but have that hard look. I want the hard look, I have seen big muscular guys, that look soft with no veins. I don't want to look like a sponge cake, I want more of a well baked bread look lol, if you know what I mean. I plan to stack with Androhard V3 and also with DAA. Please advise on the wet/dry and why one might be better than the other.
    For your goals alpha mass is definitely the best option.
    ForeRunner Labs

15. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.34%

Cardio? How often do you weight train?
    My exercise schegule is as follows:
    Monday delts aprox and traps 35 minutes plus 30 min low impact cardio (30 min on treadmill hr @ 130 bpm)
    Tuesday biceps and triceps aprox 40 min no cardio
    Wednesday 30 minutes hiit on elliptical (30 sec sprints/30 sec almost no movement)
    Thursday pecs aprox 25 minutes plus 30 min hiit on elliptical
    Friday back aprox 40 minutes plus 30 min hiit
    Saturday 30 min low impact cardio on treadmill
    Sunday quads hams calves aprox 50 minutes plus 20 min low impact cardio
    On weight training days I take 3 caps O.N. BCAA directly after lifting and protein shake before and after workout. Shake before has 1/4 cup ground oatmeal and glutamine post workout shake contains 12g maltodextrin and glutamine.

Good news my body started burning fat again! As of this am I'm at 189.5 pounds so things are beginning to move. Thanks for all the support!!
  16. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.95%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Good stuff gang
    Advanced Muscle Science/ForeRunner Labs (East Coast Sales Manager)
    "The Strongest On The Market"
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.92%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ABNRanger
    wet = aromatising compound and you gain more weight on cycle due to water
    dry = non aromatising, lean gains assuming your diet is in check
    they both have their own set of side effects, but with dhea, you dont really need to worry about it

neither will make you look harder and vascular, only a low bf will do that. and if you cant do both, do alphamass. alphabulk is just 4-dhea alone. 4-dhea doesnt really do **** on its own but its a great compound to stack with almost any other ph. if you can though, just run both. you would have a much better cycle

and to op, dhea is a great first cycle. nothing is more mld when it comes to sides so you wont have to worry really at all about negative side effects. but ou should definately cut down to at least 15% bf before running it. if youre too fat when you start, you wont even see your gains and the cycle will just mind **** you into thinking it doesnt work
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.71%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderHumper View Post
    wet = aromatising compound and you gain more weight on cycle due to water
    dry = non aromatising, lean gains assuming your diet is in check
    they both have their own set of side effects, but with dhea, you dont really need to worry about it

neither will make you look harder and vascular, only a low bf will do that. and if you cant do both, do alphamass. alphabulk is just 4-dhea alone. 4-dhea doesnt really do **** on its own but its a great compound to stack with almost any other ph. if you can though, just run both. you would have a much better cycle

and to op, dhea is a great first cycle. nothing is more mld when it comes to sides so you wont have to worry really at all about negative side effects. but ou should definately cut down to at least 15% bf before running it. if youre too fat when you start, you wont even see your gains and the cycle will just mind **** you into thinking it doesnt work
    Thanks for the explanation, I have decided to run AM and stack it with the NEW 5-Alpha Test.
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.31%

Quote Originally Posted by ABNRanger

Thanks for the explanation, I have decided to run AM and stack it with the NEW 5-Alpha Test.
    Sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  20. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'4"  319 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.94%

Quote Originally Posted by ABNRanger View Post
    Contemplating this exact same stack myself.
    “Beastmode is when you can not possibly go any further, but then you make a conscious choice to move forward”.
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.92%
    Achievements Posting Pro

the only problem i have with frl is it seems way underdosed when you compare it to the androseries. it almost seems like the same price if you were to buy enough to take them at the same doses as one another. i liek how frl has 4-dhea alone though

Similar Forum Threads

1. What type of diet am i looking for?
    By KrunkChris in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 03:16 AM
  2. AMS is looking for a new Board Rep
    By LazeDragon in forum Advanced Muscle Science
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: 11-04-2008, 11:52 AM
  3. lean bulker looking for advise
    By LaGrange26 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2