A Review of Bobo's Cutting Plan

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Well, I've just completed 8 weeks on Bobo's cutting plan, and I am very happy with the results. As of right now I've dropped 12.6lbs, and my strength has actually increased. I'm seeing details in my arms that I never had before, and I've been this lean :D

I am a bit disappointed in myself for what happened before I started with Bobo. I had what appeared to be a very successful Superdrol cycle before I began with Bobo. What I had not anticipated accurately was the maniacal rush that I went through in wrapping up my Master's degree. During approx. weeks 2 and 3 of PCT I barely slept (2-4 hours per night) and ate tons of ****. I lost more muscle than I'd care to calculate, and gained lots of fat :(

I learned a lesson, and will never cycle anything while I'm that busy. I've had the busiest year of my life by far, and I've made it through while still posting significant gains, so I am proud overall.

Back to Bobo. What I found to be most remarkable is the fact that I almost never feel any sort of hunger on the plan. Just once or twice weekly. I can't believe how many carbs I can eat and still cut:) Interestingly, I had a conversation with Bobo about UD2 back in February. http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24397
I remember finding it hard to believe that Bobo's approach could work as well as Lyle's complex diet. I lost fat at roughly the same rate.
Bobo

• Felt great
  • Loved workouts
  • Felt well recuperated
  • Had consistent energy
  • Did not use a single stimulant
  • Minimal bloat
  • Shoulder keeps getting better :D
  • Became quite lean in a fairly short period of time
UD 2.0
  • Felt like ****
  • Despised workouts
  • Felt run down
  • Dragged ass
  • Sucked down EC Mon.-Thurs 3Xs daily
  • Holy carb load bloat
  • Fucked up my shouler again from training chest 4xs per week
  • Became quite lean in a fairly short period of time
Yet another lesson learned:think: : Drastic approaches are not best. I gained a wealth of knowledge from training with Bobo, and I highly reccommend his services. I will always use Bobo's methods in the future, perhaps only changing things up in the final weeks of a cut for aesthetic purposes.

If you are a very busy person, having Bobo tell you what to eat and when to eat it is indispensable (I'm talking to you CDB ;) ). This is a great investment, the lessons from which you will carry with you for future cuts. We all know Bobo's debate style. It also resembles his training style, which is actually quite effective for getting you to stop whining, shut up, and follow the fucking program :D

I will be testing Ectotropin-6 for IBE for the next month, which means I will continue to cut. Then I will have a superlean base from which to bulk. I will then bulk cleanly for 6-8 months :D My goal is to hit a relatively lean 195-200 by late March 2006. I can't wait to start bulking with Bobo.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Before and After Pics

Shoulder problems, inflamed by UD2, have held back my chest development. I should also point out that in the first pic I have some creepy acne thing going on, which I believe to have been stress induced from the closing, sleepless weeks of my Master's.

Obviously, the first one is the before. And I did a ****ty job on the lat spread.

Last edited:
Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Sounds awesome man! Good luck reaching your goal, mine's pretty similar, I'm aiming for 200 and lean by next summer. If I could afford it, I would hire Bobo, but I may have to hold off for awhile. How much money did you spend / week on food for your diet he had you on, if you don't mind me asking?

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I really suck at keeping track of finances, but it's not too expensive. You'll actually save $$$ if you eat out a lot b/c you are preparing all your own food.

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Shoulder problems, inflamed by UD2, have held back my chest development. I should also point out that in the first pic I have some creepy acne thing going on, which I believe to have been stress induced from the closing, sleepless weeks of my Master's.

Obviously, the first one is the before. And I did a shitty job on the lat spread.
Holy **** bro! That's amazing... What's the time frame there? Only 8 weeks?! The lat spread really isn't that bad, better than mine would look :lol: Awesome job man, keep up the good work!

And dude, you look like Collin Farrel in the 3rd pic :rofl:

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Holy **** bro! That's amazing... What's the time frame there? Only 8 weeks?! The lat spread really isn't that bad, better than mine would look :lol: Awesome job man, keep up the good work!

And dude, you look like Collin Farrel in the 3rd pic :rofl:
I just figured it out, and I typically spend about $10 per day on food. Not bad at all. Of course, I buy most of it at BJ's or Costco, so you can buy bulk and it is cheaper. Bobo also doesn't go nuts on supps, so you'll save $$$ there too.

That is an 8 week time frame with zero stimulants :D I look better a week later.

As for the Colin Farrel thing, its funny you should say that. I've been hearing that for about 2 years now. I've actually been swarmed on by girls when walking out of a club in Boston. Funny ****. I'm surprised you see the resemblance in that pic as it was takenafter I had beenup forabout 18 hours, and I was exhausted. We're both dark Irish (obviously the dark doesn't referto the skin tone :) )

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Thisis my before lat spread. I think I did it better here.

Last edited:

foo.c

Board Supporter
Awards
Wow. Good job. You only lost 13 pounds? It looks like a lot more than that.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Wow. Good job. You only lost 13 pounds? It looks like a lot more than that.
that's what 13lbs of FAT looks like.

Scale weight vs. FAT weight. Big difference and excellent job.

I'm looking forward to using Bobo in August after vacation and a few wedding.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I should have mentioned that I think there was some recomp going on. As I mentioned, strength went up in several lifts. I've probably lost fat and gained muscle. I can't wait to bulk :D

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
I should have mentioned that I think there was some recomp going on. As I mentioned, strength went up in several lifts. I've probably lost fat and gained muscle. I can't wait to bulk :D
damn good job!! so what is your current weight and height?

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
That's awesome, bro. Congrats to you on your accomplishment, and thats one more notch on Bobo's wall of successes :thumbsup:

Really...that 13lbs of fat with absolutely no muscle loss and strength gain (which, IMHO == muscle gain) is incredible...

How did the food ... uh .. "taste" :D

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
That's awesome, bro. Congrats to you on your accomplishment, and thats one more notch on Bobo's wall of successes :thumbsup:

Really...that 13lbs of fat with absolutely no muscle loss and strength gain (which, IMHO == muscle gain) is incredible...

How did the food ... uh .. "taste" :D
Thanks, bro.

I'm chowing on some pre-wo deliciousness right now. Honestly, the food is not bad. You just get used to it. The benefits outweigh the negatives to such a degree that I don't dread any part of the eating at all. The key is being prepared so that you take all your meals on time and avoid that ravenous hunger that leads to disaster. A few non-caloric tweaks to the menu and it's all good :thumbsup:

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Anyone else want to venture a guess?
If i HAD to guess i would say, hmm roughly 173.8?

You did a great job man, now get into the muscle buiding plan.. If you are as strict as you were cutting those abs will stick around.

nevergoodenough

nevergoodenough

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
How much cardio is involved if you can say? I'd say 175 for the weight.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
cardio is something Bobo has talked about before, at least 4 days a week.. between 30-45 minutes low to semi low impact, bike, walking, ellipitical...

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
cardio is something Bobo has talked about before, at least 4 days a week.. between 30-45 minutes low to semi low impact, bike, walking, ellipitical...
I think bobo has diferent people do diferent amounts of cardio.. It probally depends how you are doing on diet alone..

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
If i HAD to guess i would say, hmm roughly 173.8?

You did a great job man, now get into the muscle buiding plan.. If you are as strict as you were cutting those abs will stick around.
Hey, imprez cheated. Damn clients ruining the game.

173.8 it is :thumbsup:

I was hoping someone would say 190 :lol:

Back to reality :(

BTW, I'm testing Ectotropin-6 for IBE, so it looks like I'll be cutting after all. I would love to get my bulk on, but hey, this is a good opportunity to try something new. Looks like I'll be peeled by August :D.

Can't wait to start bulking. As of this time next year I will be at least 195 lbs. with abs :thumbsup:

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
1 whole grain bagel grilled on a skillet and topped with splenda and cinnamon. No sugar-free maple syrup for you :whip:

Sky9

Tan from the Island
Awards
  • Established
Just wanted to say great job on your cutting program, Bobo must really work you into shape to be able to loose that fat and still keep all the muscle. May I ask what kind of weight training program you were working with, or is this privite??

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Just wanted to say great job on your cutting program, Bobo must really work you into shape to be able to loose that fat and still keep all the muscle. May I ask what kind of weight training program you were working with, or is this privite??
Private. Sorry, bro. There is a way to find out, but it'll cost you. Worth every damn cent too.

Sky9

Tan from the Island
Awards
  • Established
Private. Sorry, bro. There is a way to find out, but it'll cost you. Worth every damn cent too.
Im thinking about it, I would really like to use his consultation for a 6 month bulk.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Im thinking about it, I would really like to use his consultation for a 6 month bulk.
I'll be starting that up shortly, but I might go as long as 8 months :D

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'll be starting that up shortly, but I might go as long as 8 months :D
I'm hiring Bobo in August for a 3 month cut with emphasis on maxium fat loss. Will be stabilizing for a month or two and then hiring him again for a full 1 year bulking plan.

I want to compete in 07 and being 6'3" I need to pack on more size than I currently have (about 222 LEAN) in order compete against other heavy weights at 5'8/5'9

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
hiring him again for a full 1 year bulking plan.

I want to compete in 07 and being 6'3" I need to pack on more size than I currently have (about 222 LEAN) in order compete against other heavy weights at 5'8/5'9
That is awesome. I'm pretty tall too, 6'0. I would like to compete in a few years, but I definitely need to pack at least 20-30 lean lbs on before I can do so. I might shoot for '08.

Good luck with it

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
That is awesome. I'm pretty tall too, 6'0. I would like to compete in a few years, but I definitely need to pack at least 20-30 lean lbs on before I can do so. I might shoot for '08.

Good luck with it
Thanks. We'll see how it goes.

It's all just a theory for now, except for the cutting plan.

I want to get married this year as well which will throw a nice wrinkle into the pocketbook but if I can afford to do it all then I'll hopefully be on stage in 07.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Sweet, I don't have to show the marathoner's legs :D

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
And I learned from Pete's thread to make sure the "cable" isn't bulging through :lol:

Where the hell is Methyl anyways? Chompin' down D-Bol somewhere?

precyse

Awards
Wow! Amazing results in that short amount of time. You might have just convinced me to sign up with him here soon :p

shatfield

Board Supporter
Awards
Great results! Is the cutting plan what he calls the deluxe weight loss program?

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Here is an ab shot. Anyone have some bf% estimates?
Yes, I know I need a tan :(

Last edited:
JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Kinda hard to tell... but 10% maybe a little higher. Awesome none the less.

Update your sig sir. :type:

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Cool, anyone else?

It honestly was not very hard to get here. I'm trying to set up goals for my 28th b-day (358 days from now) so I want a goal weight and bf% for that date. I'm pretty sure my height will stay the same :lol:

shatfield

Board Supporter
Awards
I would say looking at myself in the mirror (about 13% bf) and then looking at your pics, it would be lower than 10%. Maybe 8%.