I need to help my girlfreind - AnabolicMinds.com

I need to help my girlfreind

I need to help my girlfreind

My girlfreind joined a gym a few months, but recently started going to the gym.. she looks towards for advice about traning. i dont know about about cutting mainly bc im a skinny boy who is bulking. i have a few questions on how can she lose alot of body fat. around. i scared for her health. before you ask, i dont know her weight, she wont tell me....

1- she wants to train sun- thursday, what would be the best split for her?
    2- best supp for massive weight lost

shes 5'4 and a sixe 16/18

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Brolic View Post
    My girlfreind joined a gym a few months, but recently started going to the gym.. she looks towards for advice about traning. i dont know about about cutting mainly bc im a skinny boy who is bulking. i have a few questions on how can she lose alot of body fat. around. i scared for her health. before you ask, i dont know her weight, she wont tell me....

Best supp.... Food.

The rest... Cant really give any advice without the stats. Make her give you the run down, and a typical eating day.

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

If she wants to lose body fat, have her lifting weights.
    This is important - Lifting weights will NOT make her look like Arnold, don't let her try and sell you that bologna.
    Have her eating at least her maintenance level of calories.
    She needs to try and get in 5 to 6 meals a day. It sounds difficult, and at first it can be.
    30 minutes of cardio each day she trains should probably be sufficient for increasing metabolism and heart health.

Maybe have her train Sunday and Monday, rest Tuesday, train Wednesday and Thursday, then take Friday and Saturday off.

I really hope crader or asianbabe get in on this post, they would be able to give much better information on potential workout ideas for women. Good luck with your girl, as Adams said, the only supp she should concern herself with right now is food. Once she gets that in check then she can maybe start to look at something like DCP, a relatively non-stimulant thermo.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
    •   

Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.

Massive weight loss...how much does she weigh now? What are her current food/drink habits?

She needs to incorporate weight training, cardio 5-6 times per week. Mainlyfor fat loss it will come down to what she eats. Without stats it's hard to say what will be best for her.
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.

I'm going to say help her get her diet in check.

Here is a typical day in the gym with weight training being my importance. As muscle really helps boost metabolism and burn fat.

Mon: bi/ tri / forearms and abs 30 min of cardio after completion.
    T: Leg day this is the only day I would skip cardio or do a brief 15 min before as a warm up.
    Wed: Shoulder/ chest and abs 30 min cardio
    Thur : Start over the schedule
    Fri : maybe a cardio only day at 45 min?

I would put her on a fish oil supp and maybe sesathin. But skip the rest of the supps until her weight has come down to avoid stressing her heart.

I'm about to go on a brutal new training schedule with a pro trainer. She is adding plyometrics in to my routine and has doubled my leg days to 3 and changed up the days.

But I think just getting her used to the gym and keeping her motivated is your best bet. My concern in your post was YOU ARE SCARED for her? Explain this.

Have her use a program like fitday to log her calories and protein/fats.
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    I'm going to say help her get her diet in check.

Here is a typical day in the gym with weight training being my importance. As muscle really helps boost metabolism and burn fat.

Mon: bi/ tri / forearms and abs 30 min of cardio after completion.
    T: Leg day this is the only day I would skip cardio or do a brief 15 min before as a warm up.
    Wed: Shoulder/ chest and abs 30 min cardio
    Thur : Start over the schedule
    Fri : maybe a cardio only day at 45 min?

I would put her on a fish oil supp and maybe sesathin. But skip the rest of the supps until her weight has come down to avoid stressing her heart.

I'm about to go on a brutal new training schedule with a pro trainer. She is adding plyometrics in to my routine and has doubled my leg days to 3 and changed up the days.

But I think just getting her used to the gym and keepinh her motivated is your best bet. My concern in your post was YOU ARE SCARED for her? Explain this.

Have her use a program like fitday to log her calories and protein/fats.
    Thur: Back day
    Yay for crader, keeping it real. Glad you saw this today.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!

It's going to be hard to juggle fat loss for her while you are bulking, as you are eating more, she's eating cleaner and less. Not to mention the fact that because she is a woman, after a good workout, her body is going to crave the calories she just burned...damn mother nature and her baby makin techniques.
    But everyone here is right, she needs to lift, clean meals every few hours, cardio after she lifts!

thank you guys alot..

Im tryin come for a split for her.. how many lifts should she do since shes cutting? for exmpale on my chest/tri day i will do
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

thank you guys alot..

Im tryin come for a split for her.. how many lifts should she do since shes cutting? for exmpale on my chest/tri day i will do
    high rep, light weight?
    she needs to get used to lifting/form and she doesn't need to hurt herself 1st day of lifting.

put her on a similar split that you have going chest/tris, back/bis, etc. that way you can lift with each other which is much more motivating than lifting alone.

again, just my 2 cents.
    WHITE WHALE!

Hi Brolic,

Sorry for missing this thread.

Firstly I would get her to read this thread, which covers a lot of relevant issues:
    Fat Loss Basics

I am a big fan of doing things slowly and taking baby steps. It is good to see that she has started going to the gym.

Make sure she goes consistently. To start off with 3-4 times a week is plenty.

As far as her workouts go. If she is a beginner to weight training, and especially if she is trying to lose fat, full body resistance training is the way to go, or otherwise, something like an Upper/Lower split, focus on compound movements.

She must learn the correct technique and start off with relatively light weights and perfect the movements before continuing.

For example. 3x a week. Alternate workouts A & B
    Do 3 sets of 10-12 reps for each.

A.
    Squat (start with bodyweight if you want)
    DB incline bench press
    Rows (cable or barbell)
    Tricep pushdowns
    Lunges (walking or stationary, start with bodyweight)
    Abs exercise of choice

B
    Lat pulldown
    Stiff legged deadlift
    Db shoulder presses
    Barbell curls
    Standing Calf raises
    Pushups til fail

As for cardio, are there any classes that she can go to? I love boxing, combat and spin classes, it makes time go by quickly, the music is loud and motivating, and there are people to talk to and keep you accountable (they notice if you don't show up).

In terms of nutrition. Get her to write down what she eats over a couple of days.

Focus her diet on good clean foods, and start cutting out unnecessary junk especially liquid calories and highly processed foods. Start drinking a good amount of water and green tea.

Don't think too much of massive weight loss fast, or something that is too difficult because if it is complete torture she might give up too easily. Take smaller, managable steps and she will be more likely to adhere.

I think a 5days upper/lower spilt would best for her..can u suggest something

maybe

chest/delt
    arms
    back
    legs

Similar Forum Threads

1. Help needed to structure my stack for recomp
    By Broly in forum Supplements
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 03-15-2013, 12:36 PM
  2. Need To Lose My Baby Weight
    By KT1984 in forum Weight Loss