Deadlift stretches for tight hamstrings?

1. Deadlift stretches for tight hamstrings?

I was diagnosed with scoliosis as a kid and it left me with abnormally tight hamstrings as a result. It makes it really, really difficult to get my rear end in the proper position for deadlifts.

Do you guys know of any stretch routines I can do before leg day to really loosen up my hammy's?

2. Dude u need to get on the hyperextension bench every day. Make sure your reps are completed with a neutral spine and slightly bent legs. Wont be long before you have nice long thick hammies this qsy.
    •   

3. Good ol leg up the doorway trick works well for me. 3mins each leg for 4-5 weeks. Follow it up with the Leg Lowering progressive to keep a good balance.
    Current Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/291581-officially-chasing-abs.html#post5714196

4. Quote Originally Posted by BennyMagoo79 View Post
    Dude u need to get on the hyperextension bench every day. Make sure your reps are completed with a neutral spine and slightly bent legs. Wont be long before you have nice long thick hammies this qsy.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMovement View Post
    Good ol leg up the doorway trick works well for me. 3mins each leg for 4-5 weeks. Follow it up with the Leg Lowering progressive to keep a good balance.
    So...I just need to quit being a baby and stretch daily for a few weeks. I figured as much!

Thanks for the feedback guys.

5. Quote Originally Posted by jbronk View Post
    So...I just need to quit being a baby and stretch daily for a few weeks. I figured as much!

Thanks for the feedback guys.
    Worlds greatest stretch will make your life better lol. Best of luck!
    Current Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/291581-officially-chasing-abs.html#post5714196
    •   

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Deadlift question for 5/3/1 program
    By youngandfree in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-12-2011, 10:43 AM
  2. Squats ( Tight Hamstring )
    By TipTopShape in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-15-2010, 02:29 AM
  3. What is a decent deadlift weight for beginner?
    By firstbat71 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-13-2008, 12:19 AM
  4. O/T stretching for bodybuilding
    By whale in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-07-2003, 02:07 AM
  5. Need some help with tight hamstrings
    By Matthew D in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-31-2002, 07:21 AM