I WANT A GIRLS ADVICE! :)

JamieRK1216

JamieRK1216

Awards
Supplements you take??
Macro percentages??
How much cardio do you do?

What have you found to be the most effective way to shred fat and gain muscle?? I wanna drop about 5-7% more body fat, sitting at 20% right now. And I want all the gains

Thanks in advance ladies!!!

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
A calorie deficit will do you wonders over any supps, macros, or cardio. :)

BUT assuming you know all of this already this is what I do:

Yohimbine HCI + Caffeine Pill 10 min prior to my fasted workout.
I am in a fat loss stage + trying to preserve muscle as much as possible.
I practice intermittent fasting using leangains protocols. 16 hour fast with an 8 hour feeding window. Which has help me a ton during a cut.
I do two HIIT cardio sessions a week 2 min warm up, 10 min of HIIT (6 intervals roughly) and 5 min cool down.
I do 2-3 fasted LISS sessions for these last 4 weeks of my cut.

Try to keep each week the same amount of cardio/weight training so you can add in or take away properly. If you are all over the place you don't know what is working and how much you should be sticking to when you plateau.

Macros are 40c/40p/20f
I tried to do Low Carb but was miserable and I ended up over eating because I felt like I wasn't eating as much, at least for me.

Other Supps are:
Ashwagandha
Fish Oil
Caffeine Pills + Yohimbine HCI
Norcodrene from PEScience when I feel needed

Just added Supernova Topical from Evomuse within the last two days.

From the start of my cut I was 135lbs and currently sitting at 130lbs in about 4-5 weeks.

I am 27 years old 5'7'' workout 6 days a week and sit about 10 hours a day at work :irked:

JamieRK1216

JamieRK1216

Awards
Okay um I love you lol thank you so much!!! I will definitely try working all that into my regimen!! I'll post updates! :)

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
Okay um I love you lol thank you so much!!! I will definitely try working all that into my regimen!! I'll post updates! :)
AWW!! :) Do you have an IG handle? Awesome, would love to follow your journey!

JamieRK1216

JamieRK1216

Awards
Yes! Jamieatnova. I'm a hairstylist so it's mainly hair stuff but I'm going to start putting more fitness posts on there also!

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
Yes! Jamieatnova. I'm a hairstylist so it's mainly hair stuff but I'm going to start putting more fitness posts on there also!
That can also motivate yourself when you start to post on IG, make yourself accountable somehow. Mine is kelseyjfit - I will find you :)

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
5'3 142lbs and 20% bodyfat...if those numbers are correct, recomping is going to be hard and slow, since you already have an appreciable amount of muscle at those stats and you're not making newbie gains anymore. Probably will be better off deciding whether you want to gain muscle or lose fat first, then focus on one goal at a time. If dropping body fat is the priority, then eat at a small deficit (keep it small to hold onto as much muscle as possible) and keep training the same way you put on that muscle.

I prefer counting in grams rather than macro percentages. I keep my protein on a cut high...1g per pound of bodyweight should be the minimum on a cut IMO (leave the 1g per pound of lean mass for bulking season when you're not worried about losing muscle), though I tend to leave mine higher (there's no scientific evidence that the super high numbers you sometimes see being thrown around are of any benefit though). I wouldn't drop fat below 0.3g per pound of bodyweight, minimum, and some people will recommend higher. The rest can be carbs.

I don't do cardio. Maybe at the very end of a cut when calories are so low that you'd rather do cardio than slash them further, but other than that, nope. Definitely not early in a cut...leave it as a weapon for later on when you plateau.

Supps...currently I'm using Tr1umph (general ergogenic with creatine, betaine, LCLT, alpha-GPC, etc), Endur3+ (intraworkout EAAs + carbs), Conqu3r (preworkout), and fish oil. Ashwagandha was mentioned above...that's a good one, I'd say to go with KSM-66.
If you want to put together a thermo stack, that would entirely depend on how much money you have to spend...you can do a super simple stack for very minimal money or put together something more comprehensive for a lot of cash. Obviously diet will make more of a difference than supps, but supps can help.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I know I'm not a girl, but i just stumbled into this thread as i was browsing the timeline. For a cut stack, the cheapest, simplest, and most effective relative to anything else you can buy OTC is: ephedrine (bronkaid or primatene - pick it up behind the pharmacy desk. It seems sketchy at first but it really isnt, millions of people use it as a decongestant every day) and bulk caffeine tabs (pick up from walgreens, walmart, whatever drug store around you). Id start with 100-150mg of caffeine with 12.5mg ephedrine (1/2 bronkaid or 1 full primatene) and slowly work up to 250mg caffeine w/ 25mg ephedrine. 10:1 ratio of caffeine:ephedrine is the ideal ratio for max efficacy i believe. Like the above poster said, make sure you have your diet at least MOSTLY (85-90+%) in check (this includes consistently tracking daily calories) before spending money on fat loss sups. Good luck with your journey!

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
5'3 142lbs and 20% bodyfat...if those numbers are correct, recomping is going to be hard and slow, since you already have an appreciable amount of muscle at those stats and you're not making newbie gains anymore. Probably will be better off deciding whether you want to gain muscle or lose fat first, then focus on one goal at a time. If dropping body fat is the priority, then eat at a small deficit (keep it small to hold onto as much muscle as possible) and keep training the same way you put on that muscle.

I prefer counting in grams rather than macro percentages. I keep my protein on a cut high...1g per pound of bodyweight should be the minimum on a cut IMO (leave the 1g per pound of lean mass for bulking season when you're not worried about losing muscle), though I tend to leave mine higher (there's no scientific evidence that the super high numbers you sometimes see being thrown around are of any benefit though). I wouldn't drop fat below 0.3g per pound of bodyweight, minimum, and some people will recommend higher. The rest can be carbs.

I don't do cardio. Maybe at the very end of a cut when calories are so low that you'd rather do cardio than slash them further, but other than that, nope. Definitely not early in a cut...leave it as a weapon for later on when you plateau.

Supps...currently I'm using Tr1umph (general ergogenic with creatine, betaine, LCLT, alpha-GPC, etc), Endur3+ (intraworkout EAAs + carbs), Conqu3r (preworkout), and fish oil. Ashwagandha was mentioned above...that's a good one, I'd say to go with KSM-66.
If you want to put together a thermo stack, that would entirely depend on how much money you have to spend...you can do a super simple stack for very minimal money or put together something more comprehensive for a lot of cash. Obviously diet will make more of a difference than supps, but supps can help.
Good advice here^

I don't start cardio till the very end, in which I have two weeks left and started stalling a bit :) & use KSM-66 is the purest and will work the best.

Can I ask what you normally eat for grams of protein? Yesterday I have a lower carb day and consumed 195g of protein, is that too much or? :)

JamieRK1216

JamieRK1216

Awards
I know I'm not a girl, but i just stumbled into this thread as i was browsing the timeline. For a cut stack, the cheapest, simplest, and most effective relative to anything else you can buy OTC is: ephedrine (bronkaid or primatene - pick it up behind the pharmacy desk. It seems sketchy at first but it really isnt, millions of people use it as a decongestant every day) and bulk caffeine tabs (pick up from walgreens, walmart, whatever drug store around you). Id start with 100-150mg of caffeine with 12.5mg ephedrine (1/2 bronkaid or 1 full primatene) and slowly work up to 250mg caffeine w/ 25mg ephedrine. 10:1 ratio of caffeine:ephedrine is the ideal ratio for max efficacy i believe. Like the above poster said, make sure you have your diet at least MOSTLY (85-90+%) in check (this includes consistently tracking daily calories) before spending money on fat loss sups. Good luck with your journey!
Awesome thank you!!

JamieRK1216

JamieRK1216

Awards

Okay great! I'll tweak my diet a little. So I got below 140 finally! I'm at 139.8, should I keep my calories at 1450 or is that too low?? It seems to be working and it's not hard for me to follow. I just don't want to lose muscle mass.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
Okay great! I'll tweak my diet a little. So I got below 140 finally! I'm at 139.8, should I keep my calories at 1450 or is that too low?? It seems to be working and it's not hard for me to follow. I just don't want to lose muscle mass.
how often do you workout and how long does each session last? and age? do you have a job and whats the activity level of your job?

JamieRK1216

JamieRK1216

Awards
I work out 4-5 days a week, usually for about an hour and a half. I'm 25, I'm a hairstylist and I work 4 days a week 9 hour shifts on my feet the WHOLE DAY

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I am also not a girl but if you want to preserve muscle and lose fat you may also consider a different type of "cardio". Instead of running for hours you look into doing a ridiculous body weight routine and work on time and speed. It would keep your heart rate up and help burn some fat. Incorporate some jump rope if you have one too.

JamieRK1216

JamieRK1216

Awards
I am also not a girl but if you want to preserve muscle and lose fat you may also consider a different type of "cardio". Instead of running for hours you look into doing a ridiculous body weight routine and work on time and speed. It would keep your heart rate up and help burn some fat. Incorporate some jump rope if you have one too.
Oh nice! Because I literally hate running

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
I work out 4-5 days a week, usually for about an hour and a half. I'm 25, I'm a hairstylist and I work 4 days a week 9 hour shifts on my feet the WHOLE DAY
I don't think 1450 isnt too low but i would have started with 1650-1700 and see where it goes from there. Have you been eating lower calories for a long time? What were you currently in taking prior to your deficit? Best to keep calories higher and incorporate HIIT training or do no cardio and lower calories :)

JamieRK1216

JamieRK1216

Awards
I started at 1650 when I was 149! :) so this is what I've gotten down to. And I think I've always been in a deficit when tracking macros. I've just been overdoing cheat days and then took a massive break in November and December. But for the past year my calories have ranged from 1350-1850, my maintenance calories are about 2300.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
I started at 1650 when I was 149! :) so this is what I've gotten down to. And I think I've always been in a deficit when tracking macros. I've just been overdoing cheat days and then took a massive break in November and December. But for the past year my calories have ranged from 1350-1850, my maintenance calories are about 2300.
Yes that a pretty big range for calories when dieting. Try to stick to the same number (within 100 calories) to really know what and how much you are losing each week. I am at 1650 right now and have been for 5 weeks straight, one day was 1700 :) I have lost 5 lb thus far.

If you want to go lower such as 1450, then have a refeed (2,000 or maintenance) one day each week only if you want fat loss a little slower, otherwise skip the refeed unless you feel lethargic, stressed, performance weight lifting etc.