Female Anavar Cycle Log

Skyesquared

Skyesquared

Awards
So, this is my first cycle log. A little about me -- I've been lifting for a few years now, but I only really got seriously into bodybuilding a little over a year ago. I've ran two cycles of Ostarine, a short cycle of Ligandrol ... I tried a cycle of Anavar a few months ago, but I'm pretty sure I got some bad crap because I got nothing out of it. With the 20mg each day I was taking, I should have felt some kind of difference. I keep the diet pretty clean -- mostly "bro food" because I feel like crap if I eat overly fatty/fried anything. I almost miss the days when I used to enjoy fast-food, haha!

Current height is 5'4.5"; weight stays between 155 - 160. I'm a dense mass.

My metabolism isn't great. Like too many other girls, I used to have an unhealthy relationship with food -- I overloaded on cardio to justify eating, and slashed carbs out of my diet completely. I killed my metabolism, really. After a year or two of intense, reverse dieting/metabolic rehab, I got into real body building. The body-image issues still linger, of course. I'm a perfectionist. What can I say? But I keep reminding myself that I worked hard for this body, and it doesn't deserve to be punished.

... Except in the gym. So what I'm hoping to get out of this cycle: I'm looking for a little more vascularity and a lot more strength... maybe a little bit more mass, but that'd just be bonus! Maybe I'll find some abs. But that's all in the diet, I knooooow. I also know that candy and carbs are delicious. However, I'm interested in seeing how it compares with the SARM cycles I've done in the past in terms of results.

Training -- every day. No lie. Unless I'm just absolutely blasted or crippled from the day before, I feel really uncomfortable if I skip the gym. Like... restless leg syndrome, but in my entire body. It's awful. I stick to isolation training -- usually end up with a four or five day split with a ton of drop sets and a few supersets depending on which muscle group I'm working. High(ish) reps, moderate/challenging weight with heavy days every now and again just to get an idea of where I'm at in terms of strength. I don't like lifting heavy too often, though. My joints don't seem to agree with the idea, and I know my form tends to suffer when I do. Also, I don't do much cardio. Maybe ten minutes every few days. I'm sure I could stand to do more, but... no. Just no.

I just started two days ago -- I started at 10mg ED for the first week and I'll increase to 15-20mg ED. (depending on how I feel or if I notice any sides) All my pictures are sorta recent, so there's is an idea of where I'm at currently. I'll post pictures along the way, so I look forward to some honest feedback!

Attachments

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think you look awesome!

Skyesquared

Skyesquared

Awards
I think you look awesome!
Thanks for the kind words! Always trying to be better than the next guy. Or girl. I don't believe in that whole "me vs. me" mentality. I'm all about some competition! :D

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the kind words! Always trying to be better than the next guy. Or girl. I don't believe in that whole "me vs. me" mentality. I'm all about some competition! :D
Haha, me, too! ???

highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
subbed. Youre lookin pretty killer. Do you compete or plan to compete?

Skyesquared

Skyesquared

Awards
subbed. Youre lookin pretty killer. Do you compete or plan to compete?
Thank you! I've been considering competing... but if I do it, I want to make sure I'm doing it for the right reasons. AND I want to know I've got a serious shot at winning! I don't handle failure too well, haha.

highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
Thank you! I've been considering competing... but if I do it, I want to make sure I'm doing it for the right reasons. AND I want to know I've got a serious shot at winning! I don't handle failure too well, haha.
Im not sure of your real name, but Im going to say its Anna. Anna is smart. Anna doesnt waste anyone's time on stage unless she is sure she has a shot at winning. Be like Anna.

There need to be more people like you in the fitness community.

Skyesquared

Skyesquared

Awards
Im not sure of your real name, but Im going to say its Anna. Anna is smart. Anna doesnt waste anyone's time on stage unless she is sure she has a shot at winning. Be like Anna.

There need to be more people like you in the fitness community.
My name is Skye. Honestly, it's gotten so weirdly trendy to compete these days that people seem to view it as some sort of self-affirmation ritual as opposed to what it actually is -- BODYBUILDING. You don't get judged because you worked hard. I'm sure we've all got an inspiring story that motivates us and moves us to do more than the average person. Loving fitness or lifting isn't enough to compete, though. You have to possess this borderline masochistic obsession with the sport, the work, the misery, the sacrifice -- everything leading up to the insane adrenaline high of stepping on stage. If you don't have that... nothing you bring to the stage will ever be enough.

Sorry. I get kinda preachy about this stuff, haha. I just get so frustrated with the half-hearted, lack-luster attempts at competition I keep seeing all over social media!

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
Subbed

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
Just goes to show ya. Scale weight don't mean sh*t

Skyesquared

Skyesquared

Awards
Screenshot_2016-01-27-14-49-04-1.jpg

I know it's too soon for me to really "feel" any kind of difference, but here's where I'm at now. I DESPERATELY WANT A BICEP VEIN. I have quite a bit of muscle mass, but zero vascularity, so that's what I'm hoping to see a difference in. That, and some RIDICULOUS strength gains.

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
View attachment 129657

I know it's too soon for me to really "feel" any kind of difference, but here's where I'm at now. I DESPERATELY WANT A BICEP VEIN. I have quite a bit of muscle mass, but zero vascularity, so that's what I'm hoping to see a difference in. That, and some RIDICULOUS strength gains.
Are you taking any pwo or pump products?

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In to see how it works for you! I ran Osta last year and loved it! Are you going to post your training? Would love to see your workouts!

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Definitely have a solid base to make some great progress on this cycle.

Skyesquared

Skyesquared

Awards
In to see how it works for you! I ran Osta last year and loved it! Are you going to post your training? Would love to see your workouts!
I could post a few of them! :) I really don't have a set regimen -- the only thing I really do consistently is moderate weight with higher volume and really short rest periods between sets. Here's yesterday's mostly glute/quad workout!

Leg Press (wide-ish stance for better glute/ham activation)
480 for 20 reps; 570 for 15; 660 for 12; 660 for 12; 480 for 15; 390 for 15. (I was shooting for breaking my max, which was 720 for 8, but some jackass started making comments and I let myself get distracted...)
Air squats (toes on 5lb plates) + 60lb barbell - 4 sets of 25
Leg Extensions - 50 for 20 reps, 60 for 20, 70 for 20, 80 for 20
Single leg press - 4 sets, 15 reps ... I don't remember what weight I used. I should probably track this stuff a little more closely, haha.
Hip thrusters (on leg extension machine) - 4 sets, 135 for 15 reps
Romanian deadlifts (wider stance with dumbbells and toes on 5lb plate) - 100 for 15 reps, 110 for 15, 120 for 12, 130 for 10 (my grip strength isn't amazing... but I'm working on that!)

Glutes have always been a little weak for me, so I try and put a lot of focus on them at least once a week. ... seriously though, that guy who made comments about my leg presses ... he followed me around the gym for my entire workout. Every time I looked over my shoulder, HE WAS THERE. Creepy ****. And as soon as I left, he did too. I was legitimately concerned I would be followed home, haha.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nice! Looks like a great workout to me! I understand the leg press issues. I get funny looks from older men! Haha

I usually just write my workouts down in notes and then post them in my logs. It helps to be able to look back and see changes/increase or decrease in strength. Etc.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed. You look great. I could be all wet, but I believe vascularity comes from training age/muscle maturity as much as body fat percentage, Not to mention genetics. I can show you a 360 pound man who Stevie Wonder wouldn't mistake as lean who has a spiderweb of quad veins. He's been at it for decades. A little patience and with any luck you'll be hulking out some bicep veins some time in the next few weeks!

highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
He was thinking out loud!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Some people don't know old sayings!
Haha nope! Had to look it up! Figured that's what you meant but didn't know that was a saying. Lol

Skyesquared

Skyesquared

Awards
Cocky certainly isn't my intent. I do have strong opinions, but my ego has nothing to do with that.

MsBecca

MsBecca

Awards
Can't wait to see your progress! Solid base, you have! I really don't understand whether you're "cocky" or not has anything to do with your progress? You're on the right track to a superb physque.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Subbed, very curious how women handle aas cycles and the layout. You seem driven and I'd love to see how you improve in the next few weeks. Good luck!

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
View attachment 129657

Uhh ... holy s**t, that bicep is bigger than mine. :sour:

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking strong in here! In for the ride!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
How are things going? Any updates?

Skyesquared

Skyesquared

Awards
Alright! Update -- I'm about two weeks into the cycle. I bumped up the dosage to 20mg ED after five or six days. I don't know whether or not it's the weather or what, but I've just felt insanely fatigued these last few days... On the plus side, even though I don't feel like my last few workouts have had the intensity I normally put in, I still feel like I'm getting leaner/stronger!!. :banana: Most notable difference so far I think is in the definition in my legs. No sides at all -- I assumed I'd break out on my back/shoulders since that's what happened when I ran Ostarine/Ligandrol, but nothing so far. No changes in my mood or anything. If anything, I feel like my sex drive has gone down -- but I'm not ready to decide if that's because of the Anavar or because of how ****ty my workouts have been the last few days. So I'm planning on having a more substantial/useful update here in the next couple days -- once I shake off this 'bleh' and have an ACTUAL workout. Seriously, it's been so goddamn frustrating... :damnit1: Nothing kills my mood like a garbage workout...

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
Nothing kills my mood like a garbage workout...
For me it kills just about everything. I almost need to take a shower afterwards to get the smell of it off me. If you know what I mean.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A trashy workout can ruin my whole night/day

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Is there any reason you're already dosing 20mg? Most women have great results at 10-15mg. It's probably not related but might be worth trying just 15mg for a while to see if you feel any different. Sure hope you feel better!

Skyesquared

Skyesquared

Awards
Is there any reason you're already dosing 20mg? Most women have great results at 10-15mg. It's probably not related but might be worth trying just 15mg for a while to see if you feel any different. Sure hope you feel better!
There's no specific reason -- that's just what I'd decided to run it at. And I appreciate the welll-wishes!! :) I'm guessing it was just a fluke week for me -- call it stress or something -- because I feel AWESOME today. Got an amazing leg workout in this morning -- pretty sure I strained something in my quad, so that's not cool, but otherwise... Yeah. No sides. Aside from like... infinity POWER in the gym. :D

I meant to post more details on what I'm eating... I'll be the first to admit my diet is not completely in order. I'm not organized enough to track macros, and I've slacked on meal prepping. :shame: I'm mostly fueled by red meat and tequila. ...that's definitely a joke, haha. Really, I just have your standard 'common sense' guidelines for meals -- no fried foods or fast food, minimal/no carbs later in the day, only drink water/BCAAs, 4-6oz portions of lean proteins... that kind of thing. Nothing grueling or restrictive, but I have a crippling weakness for sweets that I'm attempting to temper. I like to bake, so that doesn't help... Seriously, I can throw together a red-velvet cheesecake in like .00003 seconds aaaaaand my self-control is fragile!

Based on my sporadic entries into MyFitnessPal, my macro percentage usually hovers around a 45-35-20 split (plus or minus five percent) -- calories range from 1800 - 2100. Seems to be working for me...? Food is always the tricky part...

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
There's no specific reason -- that's just what I'd decided to run it at. And I appreciate the welll-wishes!! :) I'm guessing it was just a fluke week for me -- call it stress or something -- because I feel AWESOME today. Got an amazing leg workout in this morning -- pretty sure I strained something in my quad, so that's not cool, but otherwise... Yeah. No sides. Aside from like... infinity POWER in the gym. :D

I meant to post more details on what I'm eating... I'll be the first to admit my diet is not completely in order. I'm not organized enough to track macros, and I've slacked on meal prepping. :shame: I'm mostly fueled by red meat and tequila. ...that's definitely a joke, haha. Really, I just have your standard 'common sense' guidelines for meals -- no fried foods or fast food, minimal/no carbs later in the day, only drink water/BCAAs, 4-6oz portions of lean proteins... that kind of thing. Nothing grueling or restrictive, but I have a crippling weakness for sweets that I'm attempting to temper. I like to bake, so that doesn't help... Seriously, I can throw together a red-velvet cheesecake in like .00003 seconds aaaaaand my self-control is fragile!

Based on my sporadic entries into MyFitnessPal, my macro percentage usually hovers around a 45-35-20 split (plus or minus five percent) -- calories range from 1800 - 2100. Seems to be working for me...? Food is always the tricky part...
Character!!! I like it!!!

Skyesquared

Skyesquared

Awards
Update time! Sorry for the sporadic updates -- my schedule is just insane between the rescue stuff, work and the gym. Feeling ****ING AWESOME! I squatted 225 for five -- never done that before, so I'm pretty stoked about it! No sides at all. I feel like the muscle I have has increased in density more than anything... maybe a tiny bit more visible vascularity than I had three weeks ago? My chest has come a long way in a stupid short amount of time -- still working to get that solid divide, but the muscle mass is finally more noticeable. (Which is saying something. I hate chest day the way most people hate leg day.) Also, I CAN FINALLY DO A PULL UP OR TWO. YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW LONG I'VE WAITED FOR THIS DAY. I mean a dead-hang pull up, not a ... different type of pullup common amongst participants of other styles of (cross)fitness. ... Yeah. You know what I mean. ANYWAY. It may not seem like a big deal, but 160lbs is a lot to pull up. For me, anyway! My lats seem to have more definition than they ever have before. I'll try and post a few pictures later today!!

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
Update time! Sorry for the sporadic updates -- my schedule is just insane between the rescue stuff, work and the gym. Feeling ****ING AWESOME! I squatted 225 for five -- never done that before, so I'm pretty stoked about it! No sides at all. I feel like the muscle I have has increased in density more than anything... maybe a tiny bit more visible vascularity than I had three weeks ago? My chest has come a long way in a stupid short amount of time -- still working to get that solid divide, but the muscle mass is finally more noticeable. (Which is saying something. I hate chest day the way most people hate leg day.) Also, I CAN FINALLY DO A PULL UP OR TWO. YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW LONG I'VE WAITED FOR THIS DAY. I mean a dead-hang pull up, not a ... different type of pullup common amongst participants of other styles of (cross)fitness. ... Yeah. You know what I mean. ANYWAY. It may not seem like a big deal, but 160lbs is a lot to pull up. For me, anyway! My lats seem to have more definition than they ever have before. I'll try and post a few pictures later today!!
Booyaa! I know exactly what you mean about pull-ups. I've been working towards a full 10 pull-ups from a dead-hang myself. Keep in mind that for the same height and weight, women generally have narrower shoulders than men, so pulling up your own weight is more challenging.
So congrats on hitting this achievement. One pull-up today, two tomorrow ... way to go! :bigok:

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Way to keep at it gal!!!