New to this...

1. New to this...

So I am eventually wanting to be able to compete in bikini/physique. I work out 6 days a week. I only do cardio 15 min of the 45 min-1hr I workout. I am looking to get rid of the fat. I do try to eat as clean as possible. My diet currently goes:

Breakfast: 2-3 scrambled eggs
    Lunch: salad (either lettuce & ham with Italian dressing or a cobb salad)
    Snack: 1-2 boiled eggs or a protein shake
    Dinner: baked chicken with a green or eggs
    Post Workout: protein isolate shake with whole milk

I currently weigh 132 & am 5'5. I am not sure what my measurement stats are. I am usually drinking coffee or water throughout the day. No sodas or juice. I mainly do the weight machines at the gym as I am sort of clueless as to where to go with the barbells and they are always taken when I go to the gym. I don't have a specific weight at the moment I want to get down to. However I do tend to carry in my belly & thighs. I realize now looking at my diet, that I am probably not near to where I should be with the amount of food I am eating. However, can anyone help with this or give me any advice to where I am going wrong? I just recently started back working out in the middle of December & have only lost 3 pounds. BTW I am sitting at a desk for most of the day since I am a secretary.

2. New to this...

Well for starters welcome to AM! Always glad to have more members! Especially women! (No offense guys) You are right, you're not eating near enough. I would start by going to www.iifym.com and using their calculators to figure out your TDEE -total daily expenditure as well as your suggested calories and macros (breakdown of calories i.e. Protein/carbs/fats) for cutting. Also there are some great threads in the nutrition section to teach you the basics of nutrition. Here's 1--
    Nutrition and Eating Basics - Part 1

As far as training the machines are a good start but I would most definitely work towards free weight exercises. You need a training program that includes the basic lifts. (Squats, deadlifts, bench, and overhead press) You can build from there. I would suggest a full body routine 3x's a week to start out. You can do conditioning or cardio a couple of the other days. Watch videos on YouTube to help you learn proper form. You can also start a log and post videos of you lifting so we can help you as well!
    The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Isaiah 40:28b-29
    •   

3. Thank you soooo much for your reply!! I figured I was eating too little. I just went on the IIFYM site you recommended and I am way below the amount of calories I should be eating. I will definitely go on youtube and check out some of the videos. I am going grocery shopping tonight to get all veggies and meats. I really appreciate your advice!!! Thank you!!

4. Welcome to AM! Feel free to ask any questions you may have. Members here love to help out

Similar Forum Threads

1. New to this stuff. Could use some help ;).
    By LakeMountD in forum Pheromones
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-10-2004, 09:11 PM
  2. New to this! Please HELP! :)
    By Skyline00021 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-19-2004, 12:49 AM
  3. new to this need help
    By JrzyJuiceGuy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-03-2004, 02:26 AM
  4. Although Im new to this board.......