Squat and deadlift advice please

Sahara93

Sahara93

Awards
I am wondering if anyone knows a good workout that entitles squats and deadlifts
Or a great way to train them
Because at the moment I'm just doing a certain amount of sets and reps before raising the weight but I feel like I could be doing something more effective.

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
I think squats and dead should be on separate days, I do legs on wens and focus the first quarter routine on squats, three sets of sumo then three close with knees touching feet toes pointing almost straight ahead, then the same styles on hack squat or leg press, I like doing dead s on Saturday with only cleans or on back day to start on a Monday two days before legs 5 - 6 sets deads first two or three sets working up to 90% weight for reps of 3 - 5 for 3 more sets then four to six sets of bent over rows, or switch then to whichever you wanna get more out of to start. . Or save your off day least two or more days after legs and back and just do your squats then dead if you want to focus on them and follow the 10 sets of 8 - 10 routine with a few sets of light weight reps of 15 - 20 to finish each one. . Make sure the weight is enough where you reach failure at or close to the desired reps.

ToughMech

Awards
I have been doing a lot of pyramid training lately to switch things up. It was a new challenge for me, as I have never done pyramids before. With squats they are a killer and tough cardiovascular for me too. You can also do them with deadlifts, different days would probably be the best place to start. Since its a lot of sets too, you won't need to do too many exercise on these days.

Sahara93

Sahara93

Awards
I think squats and dead should be on separate days, I do legs on wens and focus the first quarter routine on squats, three sets of sumo then three close with knees touching feet toes pointing almost straight ahead, then the same styles on hack squat or leg press, I like doing dead s on Saturday with only cleans or on back day to start on a Monday two days before legs 5 - 6 sets deads first two or three sets working up to 90% weight for reps of 3 - 5 for 3 more sets then four to six sets of bent over rows, or switch then to whichever you wanna get more out of to start. . Or save your off day least two or more days after legs and back and just do your squats then dead if you want to focus on them and follow the 10 sets of 8 - 10 routine with a few sets of light weight reps of 15 - 20 to finish each one. . Make sure the weight is enough where you reach failure at or close to the desired reps.
Thank you for your detailed response :) I will definitely be basing a workout on the responses I've been given, it's exactly what I needed to organise my routine better

Sahara93

Sahara93

Awards
I have been doing a lot of pyramid training lately to switch things up. It was a new challenge for me, as I have never done pyramids before. With squats they are a killer and tough cardiovascular for me too. You can also do them with deadlifts, different days would probably be the best place to start. Since its a lot of sets too, you won't need to do too many exercise on these days.
Thanks, I'll have to look into pyramid training... I'm not familiar with it but it does seem to be something I'd want to try
And definitely going to start doing squats and deadlifts on separate days

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Look up Sheiko's workouts. There are apps available that track and create the workouts. These are heavy on squats and deadlifts.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
There are a few females on here killing it with these two movements check out some of love2liftkat & puccah8808
logs. Puccah has legs to die for (and a very nice butt)

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sahara93 what are your goals with the squats and deads? Different programs work towards different things. Are you wanting to focus primarily on getting stronger, building muscle, or metabolic effect- burning fat?

Edit:

I have used several different workouts that you can find in my logs that I've done over the past year. Several custom made programs along with mountain dog and German Volume Training.

Sahara93

Sahara93

Awards
Sahara93 what are your goals with the squats and deads? Different programs work towards different things. Are you wanting to focus primarily on getting stronger, building muscle, or metabolic effect- burning fat?

Edit:

I have used several different workouts that you can find in my logs that I've done over the past year. Several custom made programs along with mountain dog and German Volume Training.
My goals are a bit of everything, I do want to increase my strength but I'd like to get bigger toned glutes and toned thighs mainly
And I figure that my strength will increase anyway
How do I find your logs?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My goals are a bit of everything, I do want to increase my strength but I'd like to get bigger toned glutes and toned thighs mainly
How do I find your logs?
Click on the person's name above there avatar, click on View Profile than click on Find latest started threads
than you just have to look through there threads for there logs.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
How do I find your logs?
I think you would really enjoy GVT then. I can send you a GVT workout if you send me your email. (Pm) It's nothing short of brutal but results pay off!! Also, I forgot to look back to see how your nutrition is set up but I would suggest eating a little over maintenance in order to gain the muscle you're looking for! With just a little over maintenance and the high intensity, you will likely lean out a bit while gaining muscle.