New here

B

beotchy

Awards
I have so many questions. I had a complete hysterectomy but I am still active. I play roller derby and I have started weight training. I need to lose weight but I don't want to lose my strength if anything I want to gain strength any advice?

DotW

DotW

Awards
First things first, stay away from fast digesting carbs. If you're going to eat them, only do it first thing in the morning or immediately after your workout, but that's about it.

B

beotchy

Awards
I stopped eating fast foods months ago my boyfriend is big into working out so we cook alot

DotW

DotW

Awards
That's a good start, but I meant things like cantaloupe, white breads, pastas and potatoes, anything with sugar in it and the list goes on and on.

B

beotchy

Awards
I'm slowly cutting those sugars out never really been a huge carb eater

DotW

DotW

Awards
Sounds like you're on your way, then. You should notice yourself leaning out as they go away.

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
Do you know how many cals you should be eating a day to reach your goals? If you're wanting to lose fat you need to be in a calorie deficit. If you want to gain strength, you should focus on eating in a surplus. Since you're pretty new to lifting, you may be able to recomp (i.e. gain muscle and lose fat at the same time) easier than someone who has been training for a long time. But please know that these "newbie gains" don't last forever, and eventually you will need to focus more on 1 goal or the other.

I disagree about restricting certain foods unless your diet is filled with nothing but those types of foods. You should be aiming for roughly your bodyweight in protein and at least 0.4g/lb of fats. The crux of your diet should be filled with lean meats, fruits and veggies and whole grains. You also should ensure you're eating adequate fiber each day.

Getting your nutrition dialed in is paramount to success.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards

First things first, stay away from fast digesting carbs. If you're going to eat them, only do it first thing in the morning or immediately after your workout, but that's about it.
Ummm.
No.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
OP what you need is a slight calorie deficit coupled with intelligently programmed training, you will probably gain muscle and lose fat in those parameters as you are also just starting it sounds like.

I wouldn't over-complicate it with food restrictions, unless you find you diet better that way, but I never find it the ideal approach. Certainly not for someone just starting

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Seriously? You flagged my comment as inappropriate?
Nothing on you sir, just following the rules for advertising non-sponsors, as that post was.

DotW

DotW

Awards
"Stay away from fast digesting carbs like cantaloupe, white breads, pastas and potatoes" and "The crux of your diet should be filled with lean meats, fruits and veggies and whole grains" are the same sentiment.

http://www.muscleandfitness.com/nutrition/lose-fat/16-nutritional-rules-full-body-shred

http://www.builtlean.com/2012/05/17/carbohydrates/

http://mobile.philly.com/health/?wss=/philly/health&id=265246231

http://www.coachcalorie.com/nutrient-timing/

There's tons of research out there.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
The initial post reported linked to a competing board

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
False brotha. There was no link there. The post is as it was and has not been edited.
It has been, looks like by a mod, (as even my quote got edited) but ok lol

No difference now, you're trying to be helpful, sorry for any confusion here sir.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Don't mean to get your thread off track brother sorry.

What are you thinking of trying to do moving forward?

DotW

DotW

Awards
Don't mean to get your thread off track brother sorry.

What are you thinking of trying to do moving forward?
I apologize guys. I'm confused.

Help me understand beotchy. You're a male, who has had a hysterectomy?

DotW

DotW

Awards
Who had a complete hysterectomy
Right. That's what I thought. I agree with Driven2lift about getting back on track.

Do you have a goal in mind in regards to your body composition?