Woman weight loss (guy needs help)

JG93

JG93

Awards
Hey ladies!
My wife has asked me to put her on a strict schedule, she is a beautiful woman, wanting to shed some extra weight.
I have her doing lots of squats, dumbbell deadlifts, running, etc..
Anyone have any ideas on a good schedule I can run her through, Monday through Thursday, roughly 1 hour sessions.
Thank you in advance.
Her stats I don't much want to reveal, considering she is shy.
5'1, chubby lol

JeremyNG25

JeremyNG25

Awards
  • Established
Others will chime in just remember you can't outwork a ****ty diet. Diet alone without even training should make her lose some weight

JG93

JG93

Awards
Others will chime in just remember you can't outwork a ****ty diet. Diet alone without even training should make her lose some weight
Oh of course.
I have her macros worked out, diet in check.
Just trying to put her on the right woman style workout.
No offense ladies! She doesn't want big muscles, just tone/fat loss.
Thank you!

JeremyNG25

JeremyNG25

Awards
  • Established
I know how to train a man...not so sure about women either. Hope this thread helps

DotW

DotW

Awards
If she has a smartphone, you can load the BodySpace app on it for her and just coach her through a program that's inline with her goals.

JG93

JG93

Awards
If she has a smartphone, you can load the BodySpace app on it for her and just coach her through a program that's inline with her goals.
Appreciate it, I have found a lot of dislikes in body space programs.
I could always pick and choose.
Was more looking at what women think seem to work best for them.

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
There's no reason a female can't follow the same training protocol as a male. Do you know how difficult it is for women to put on muscle? It's extremely difficult. It would take many years and many illegal supplements to get "bulky."

If she needs to add muscle, she needs to eat in a surplus and lift heavy. If she's under-muscled to start, losing fat will only make her look "skinny fat." The "tone" that most women want is achieved by having some quality mass and then stripping fat. So most women need to first bulk and then cut. Good luck.

JG93

JG93

Awards
There's no reason a female can't follow the same training protocol as a male. Do you know how difficult it is for women to put on muscle? It's extremely difficult. It would take many years and many illegal supplements to get "bulky."

If she needs to add muscle, she needs to eat in a surplus and lift heavy. If she's under-muscled to start, losing fat will only make her look "skinny fat." The "tone" that most women want is achieved by having some quality mass and then stripping fat. So most women need to first bulk and then cut. Good luck.
Thank you. She is a bit overweight.
She wants to shed fat, I wasn't sure she could use the same regime as a male.
Besides the cardio.
She is very timid in the gym, but will do anything I say. I just have to bear in mind she is my wife (the boss). Lol!

JG93

JG93

Awards
I have her running box jumps. Deadlifts, squats, kettle bell work outs, mountain climbers, butt buster, few other things.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I have her running box jumps. Deadlifts, squats, kettle bell work outs, mountain climbers, butt buster, few other things.
Thats a great workout plan for her.. How much cardio will she be doing a week?

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Epilis13 is right...women don't really need to train any differently! We actually have to work much harder to get near the results!...With that being said...full body lifting routines are great for beginners and for fat loss in general! I have a few logs on here and have done a couple of full bodies routines along with push/pull splits...You're more than welcome to look through them and use them. Obviously the more free weights and compound lifts the better! The power/agility movements are great adds as well. You could always make those into conditioning/cardio workouts for her! They're much more fun than treadmills not to mention they burn more calories while incorporating more muscles! She won't get big muscles without eating in a surplus!

JG93

JG93

Awards
Epilis13 is right...women don't really need to train any differently! We actually have to work much harder to get near the results!...With that being said...full body lifting routines are great for beginners and for fat loss in general! I have a few logs on here and have done a couple of full bodies routines along with push/pull splits...You're more than welcome to look through them and use them. Obviously the more free weights and compound lifts the better! The power/agility movements are great adds as well. You could always make those into conditioning/cardio workouts for her! They're much more fun than treadmills not to mention they burn more calories while incorporating more muscles! She won't get big muscles without eating in a surplus!
Thanks Kat, glad you are here! Was hoping you would join in on the convo!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks Kat, glad you are here! Was hoping you would join in on the convo!
Absolutely! Feel free to give me a shout out or send her my way! More than happy to share what I have learned!