Help me, help my wife shred!

TonyGunsling

Awards
Long story short. She has a hard time dropping fat. I help her as much as possible without getting on her bad side. Maybe my recommendations are bad...

23y/o female
5'8" 143lbs today
Retains most body fat in midsection.
Has scoliosis, approx 3" compression if this makes any difference.

On 4th week of cutting and started at 141lbs. Fluctuating between 138-143.
Came off light bulk at 141 and the majority of the bulk was maintained at 139lbs. With approx 2000 cals, and higher carbs. (No tracking really)

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Step one is to get her to track

Log a few of her past days and drop it down from that as needed

Good additions as always are more protein, Fiber, and vegetables

TonyGunsling

Awards
The first week or two i told her we would be playing games trying to figure out her calorie intake as she didnt track her bulk. I put her at 1700 cals and saw no difference in two weeks. The weekend of the 3rd week she went to a country festival so no weigh in. 4th week she was up to 143lbs!

Bulking- cardio was 10 min warmups at most. 1 hour 30 min tops of stretch n lifting. Utilizing a slightly higher rep version if the wendler 531 program for 5 days a week.

Cutting- now we are doing 25-45 min cardio 5 days a week plus an hour lifting session. With 10-15 reps for 3-5 sets. Sweat continues to roll after the cardio when doing the major lifts and heart rate stays up. Lifting on average 6 out of 8 days.

TonyGunsling

Awards
Past week she was on 1500. 60 grams of them carbs.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
At 1500 she must have lost.

TonyGunsling

Awards
Anybody else have some critique for me??
Gonna try her at 1400 cals this week and see what happens.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
She had success at 1500 and was hungry but want 1400?

Why?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
No she was at 1500 pretty strict last week and went up in weight. But was hungry.
Doesn't make a whole lot f sense personally I would give it another week and watch her sodium the night before weigh in for more accuracy

TonyGunsling

Awards
Doesn't make a whole lot f sense personally I would give it another week and watch her sodium the night before weigh in for more accuracy
Good to go. I honestly am just at a loss. And I don't want to cut her too low either. Ill keep her at 1500 then.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
A very high amount of the time, the tracking s inaccurate if things aren't making sense.

Often in people who don't know better

Still 1/3 in people honestly trying to track but new to it
bdcc shared a great survey where dieters were off 30-60% or something like that

TonyGunsling

Awards
I couldnt imagine we would be too far off... We cook everything or if its from a box we weigh that also.
I don't doubt her tracking... But I cant say its 100%

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I couldnt imagine we would be too far off... We cook everything or if its from a box we weigh that also. I don't doubt her tracking... But I cant say its 100%
Fair enough brother

I say try the week at 1500 still

EpicThighGrl2

EpicThighGrl2

Awards
Does her weight fluctuate naturally depending on what part of her menstrual cycle she's in? This will make it much harder to track weight loss :)

Also, double-check that you're tracking and measuring everything correctly. I have problems with that too ("that little snickers mini won't hurt" can get out of hand quickly, especially on calorie restriction).

I'd suggest try going at 1500/day for two weeks (or even 1600-1700 if she's too hungry). If she doesn't lose any weight, maybe there's an underlying medical condition?

TonyGunsling

Awards
Yes, we are taking her back to 1600 cals with around 115 carbs and around 50 fat. I got with an old friend, a female trainer, and got a lot of info from her. I will have to keep everyone updated on my wives progress.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Codybenz Anabolics 9
Anabolics 10
Weight Loss 7
Weight Loss 16
poison Supplements 73