Wife's Diastasis Recti

1. Wife's Diastasis Recti

My wife has a 3 to 4 finger separation that a plastic surgeon said could never be fixed without surgery, but I'm not sure this is the truth. It's been over a year since a hernia she had fixed, but about 8 months now she's been weight training and losing the baby weight; her workout includes doing all the big lifts in the 6 to 12 rep range. I have her avoiding any type of crunch and the only ab work she's doing is planks. I just showed her stomach vacuums so she should be starting those now as well. I've looked into a few of the programs that can aid in DR recovery like Julie Tupler's book and MuTu. I think the MuTu program looks decent. Anyone have any experience with DR or have any thoughts on what she should or shouldn't be doing?
    Thanks in advance.

2. I just recently found out I have it. Did your wife ever find anything that worked? I'd really like to try to get a grip on this. It bothers me so much.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by celliem View Post
    I just recently found out I have it. Did your wife ever find anything that worked? I'd really like to try to get a grip on this. It bothers me so much.
    She eventually just had it surgically fixed.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Grief from girlfriend/wife for wanting a transdermal??
    By Blazer88 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-18-2016, 06:53 PM
  2. Sent my wife flowers
    By ironviking in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-21-2003, 09:15 PM
  3. Replies: 57
    Last Post: 05-16-2003, 02:28 PM
  4. Enhancing my wife's weight loss...
    By windwords7 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13