Birth control, Bloating

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Hey guys and gals. My girlfriend recently switched from her lower estro birth control into a higher estro pill. I could probably ask her the exact dose if it helps, but she's concerned about the sudden weight gain and bloat she's getting. Especially when she's trying to stay in a powerlifting weight class. Any way to combat bloat without lowering the dose? She's already started taking in more liquid and cutting out some sodium (not much). Any long term strategies? Any supplements that wouldn't have any negative sides or negatively effect performance that are not banned by WADA? Anything in particular that's worked for you ladies?

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
love2liftkat she may have some info for ya

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Thanks. How do I mention people? Mags may have some info too.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
PumpHouse
There was a thread called birth control posted back in April in this section that u may find helpful..
:)

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Upping the water, watching the salt and really staying on point with her diet and any weight gain would just be temporary. One thing that I found helped me was MacaPro by BPS!

C

caroline

Awards
This was mentioned above but weight gain with any pill is usually temporary. 3 months max and she should be back to normal

D

David147

Awards
Its perfectly normal to experience side effects the frost three months your on the pill. I would say stick it out eith this pill for at least 3 months and if u don't feel better after 3 months maybe try a different brand.