Fasted Cardio

K_jo

K_jo

Awards
Oh my gosh, props to you people that smash out fasted cardio sessions! I gave it a go this AM and felt so weak. I had 5x the jitters than normal from my PWO too. Whew, takes a strong person!

Wolfy3d2000

Wolfy3d2000

Awards
  • Established
When I was doing the IF diet, and training fasted, I pretty much cut out all PWO. And I never take PWO when I do cardio only days. You can try taking BCAAs like 10 minutes before your training (cardio or otherwise) it help me out with energy and endurance.

K_jo

K_jo

Awards
When I was doing the IF diet, and training fasted, I pretty much cut out all PWO. And I never take PWO when I do cardio only days. You can try taking BCAAs like 10 minutes before your training (cardio or otherwise) it help me out with energy and endurance.
Thanks for the advice, I can tell after today that you are right!

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Yeah if I do any stim fasted it'll be 15mg Yohimbe 20 mins prior. Maybe a cup of coffee. And 1 scoop Amino IV 45 mins pre

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
For fasted cardio, I always make sure I have 20-40 protein close to bedtime the night before so I'm not absolutely starving during my workout. I love TSN Cardio Igniter for fasted cardio.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
I love amino acids for fasted cardio. I'm already low carbing it, so the boost of energy pre exercise is really nice. I have used Xtend, Purple Wrath, and BSN's amino powders with great appreciation. I've been hitting the amino acids heavy the last 8 weeks especially...

Wolfy3d2000

Wolfy3d2000

Awards
  • Established
I love amino acids for fasted cardio. I'm already low carbing it, so the boost of energy pre exercise is really nice. I have used Xtend, Purple Wrath, and BSN's amino powders with great appreciation. I've been hitting the amino acids heavy the last 8 weeks especially...
Yeah amino acids are great, especially when cutting carbs and training fasted. I've only used BSNs from the ones you mentioned, I personally like Amino IV. Actually I enjoy a lot of products by PES. Quality stuff.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Yeah amino acids are great, especially when cutting carbs and training fasted. I've only used BSNs from the ones you mentioned, I personally like Amino IV. Actually I enjoy a lot of products by PES. Quality stuff.
With the exception of the new erase product, which just didnt do much for me. I love their line. And Im a realist....because one thing didnt blow my mind Im not shut down. Their amino acid product is amazing.....If I was rich Id drink it all day long!!

Wolfy3d2000

Wolfy3d2000

Awards
  • Established
With the exception of the new erase product, which just didnt do much for me. I love their line. And Im a realist....because one thing didnt blow my mind Im not shut down. Their amino acid product is amazing.....If I was rich Id drink it all day long!!
You missed the bodybuilding.com/insider deal then, huh? It was 20 % off then if you bought 3 items PES sent you a free product of your choice. It was a great deal. So I stocked up on Amino IV and Select and got 2 tubs of Alphamine free. It was pretty legit.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Ha I did.....but great buy!

David147

Awards
Well, in order to efficiently lose weight, you have to gain some muscle, muscle burns fat, now as for fasted cardio, while in theory it makes sense, personally to me it makes more sense to burn calories you've put in your body throughout the day, the key to loosing weight is to create a deficit between calories burned and calories taken in that day. I like to workout at different times throughout the day, that way my body has to work hard at different times and it does not get used to one time.