Abs advice!

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.5%

Abs advice!

I know that abs are 'made in the kitchen' and my diet is a very clean one, I follow Paleo and eat a lot of protein, veggies etc I drink about 2 litres of water a day but I'm really struggling to shift this last bit of belly fat I have at the front of my stomach - I have had 2 children (don't know if some of it could be stretched skin). I weight train 3 times a week, do one cardio session and one core session a week and was just wondering if I need to be incorporating more ab workouts into my week to help tighten up my stomach! I'm 32 years old - any advice would be fab! Thanks! ?

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'1"  110 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.49%

You need to add some more cardio to your routine to reduce your body fat. Cardio and diet are the key to abs.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.5%

Quote Originally Posted by jilldunnfit View Post
    You need to add some more cardio to your routine to reduce your body fat. Cardio and diet are the key to abs.
    Thanks so much for your advice I will take this on board! ?
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.3%

Quote Originally Posted by jilldunnfit View Post
    This is not necessarily true
    OP, have you ever lifted heavy while eating for growth? If not, it's possible that no matter how far you cut down you may not have the muscle underneath to get that 6 pack look.
    You also could have diastasis and loose skin from pregnancy, which can make it even harder (or impossible) for that muscle to show through
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.05%

I'll offer you 2 scenarios...

1) you don't have enough muscle mass in your and to expose them effectively. Just like anything else, your abs are a muscle. Think of flexing your biceps if you didn't have any muscle in your bicep... You wouldn't have a bulge or a "peak" as we call it sometimes.

2) your bodyfat is currently to high to allow the muscle you have to be exposed. Think again of the bicep... You can have the biggest biceps in the world but if you have fat arms you'll look like you have blobs for arms.

That's pretty general... But I hope it makes sense!
    Romans 8:38-39

Save sorrow for the souls in doubt
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.5%

Quote Originally Posted by The Rockette View Post
    This is not necessarily true OP, have you ever lifted heavy while eating for growth? If not, it's possible that no matter how far you cut down you may not have the muscle underneath to get that 6 pack look. You also could have diastasis and loose skin from pregnancy, which can make it even harder (or impossible) for that muscle to show through
    Hi - no I haven't lifted heavy while eating for growth maybe this is something I could try! Thanks very much for your reply!
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.5%

Quote Originally Posted by Natestreo View Post
    I'll offer you 2 scenarios... 1) you don't have enough muscle mass in your and to expose them effectively. Just like anything else, your abs are a muscle. Think of flexing your biceps if you didn't have any muscle in your bicep... You wouldn't have a bulge or a "peak" as we call it sometimes. 2) your bodyfat is currently to high to allow the muscle you have to be exposed. Think again of the bicep... You can have the biggest biceps in the world but if you have fat arms you'll look like you have blobs for arms. That's pretty general... But I hope it makes sense!
    Hi - I've read that you really do need to get your body fat down to help show your muscles that's why I'm being really strict with my diet - I've limited my fruit intake and cut carbs out after 2pm! I know it's a long process to change your body and consistency and patience is the key! Thanks ever so much for your reply! ?
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.38%

Quote Originally Posted by Katewhitmoo View Post
    Hi - I've read that you really do need to get your body fat down to help show your muscles that's why I'm being really strict with my diet - I've limited my fruit intake and cut carbs out after 2pm! I know it's a long process to change your body and consistency and patience is the key! Thanks ever so much for your reply! ?
    More Bro science BS!!
    Dont worry about the time of day, worry about when your training is, total calories for the day/week and macro tracking.
    I.e. Doesnt matter if you eat 10000g of carbs before or after 2pm you will still gain bodyfat! Having lower carb days on non training days then limiting carb meals to pre or post workout on higher carb/training days is very beneficial as your body will absorb them more usefully rather than storing

Yes you are right in needing to be consistent and patient! Once you are at a low enough body fat there isnt much reasoning why you shouldnt be able to see them Increasing the thickness wont really help you to see them until your at that lower bf anyway but if thats the look your wanting you can definately do a couple of ab sessions per week in preparation!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Advice on core/abs exercises...
    By viking805fan in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-12-2012, 12:36 PM
  2. Lower Ab Advice
    By TexasState12 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-22-2011, 09:59 PM
  3. Advice on Cardio and Abs
    By viking805fan in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5