Any advice welcome!

Katewhitmoo

Awards
I've been training for just over 7 months now mainly HIIT and Core training I'm now at the point where I have shredded and would like to tone and build muscle now. I have for the last 4 weeks being doing Weight training 3 times per week, one HIIT class and one core conditioning class - I also follow the Paleo diet and have been eating more protein! My problem areas are my glutes, thighs and my stomach has some definition but I want to get rid of the wobbly bit I still have. I've been told that if I'm weight training I need to eat more protein and to add brown rice and oats into my diet (following Paleo I don't eat grains) I'm just worried about eating more as I'm only doing one intense cardio session a week and I obviously don't want to run the risk of putting on any fat. I would just like to know if I'm doing the right routine in my fitness and my diet for what I want to achieve - I'm 5ft 3 and weight 8stone 12 which has gone up from 8stone 6 since starting my weight training! Any advice would be great! Thanks very much!!

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Don't b afraid to eat.
U can have 1/3 cup of dry oats with breaky, also some fruit carbs etc.. If u want u can eat about
50g carbs with breaky, 15g from fruit ur next meal, n a 3/4 cup of rice with the next meal, on top of about 25g of protein with each meal, and of course veggies , lots of em, lol....
If u want , try to eat 5 or 6 times a day.
It may seem like a lot at first, but ur body will adjust.
U can cut carbs out after 2 pm.
Make sure to drink plenty of water...
:)

Battossi

Awards
I've been training for just over 7 months now mainly HIIT and Core training I'm now at the point where I have shredded and would like to tone and build muscle now. I have for the last 4 weeks being doing Weight training 3 times per week, one HIIT class and one core conditioning class - I also follow the Paleo diet and have been eating more protein! My problem areas are my glutes, thighs and my stomach has some definition but I want to get rid of the wobbly bit I still have. I've been told that if I'm weight training I need to eat more protein and to add brown rice and oats into my diet (following Paleo I don't eat grains) I'm just worried about eating more as I'm only doing one intense cardio session a week and I obviously don't want to run the risk of putting on any fat. I would just like to know if I'm doing the right routine in my fitness and my diet for what I want to achieve - I'm 5ft 3 and weight 8stone 12 which has gone up from 8stone 6 since starting my weight training! Any advice would be great! Thanks very much!!
Let's look at the terminology. "Tone" usually pertains to losing fat. To be completely honest if you are new at this you may build muscle while shedding fat. Eventually however.....to build muscle means calorie surplus. This means gaining some fat.

For instance.....gaining 20 lb a year. 2nd year trainee with a calorie surplus.

12 Will probably be muscle and 8 will be fat.

If you're looking to be lean as hell this is hard even on anabolics. Especially for females. Look into a recomp type plan if it is important to you. Gains will be slow as hell. Given daily activities it may be not effective for you.

Otherwise bulk for X number of months and cut for 8 to 16 weeks. What ever works for you

Eat, train, lift heavy.

Katewhitmoo

Awards
Thank you so much for your replies - i will definitely take your advice on board. I think the problem for me is just getting my head round my new training routine as I've gone from doing 5/6 days per week of cardio exercise to just one session but as long as I'm on the right track to tone my glutes and thighs il do whatever i have to! ?