HITT for women - AnabolicMinds.com

HITT for women

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.

HITT for women

So I'm a dude, but my girlfriend is looking to accelerate her fat burning in conjunction with training. Normally, I'd recommend staying away from steady state cardio and doing Tabata or HITT sessions (sprints, bike circuits, etc.), but I heard that this doesn't work as well with women. Not sure why (something to do with cortisol release I think). Can any women attest to this or offer any advice? Much apprec'd.
    BOOM!

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'4"  135 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Bro View Post
    So I'm a dude, but my girlfriend is looking to accelerate her fat burning in conjunction with training. Normally, I'd recommend staying away from steady state cardio and doing Tabata or HITT sessions (sprints, bike circuits, etc.), but I heard that this doesn't work as well with women. Not sure why (something to do with cortisol release I think). Can any women attest to this or offer any advice? Much apprec'd.
    I know girls that had good results with HIIT ...
    As for my self, when time comes for me to do cardio, it's 40 min of 'steady pace'....
    Different coaches will say different things....
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

My wife does 30-45 min of kickboxing and bag work. When we have her do bag work, it is 20 sec of alternating strikes on and off for 10 min. We also use hill sprints and sled work at the end of leg days.

All of this is fantastic for HIIT and really gets things kicked into overdrive. Obviously the kickboxing isn't HIIT, but the bag work portion is.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    My wife does 30-45 min of kickboxing and bag work. When we have her do bag work, it is 20 sec of alternating strikes on and off for 10 min. We also use hill sprints and sled work at the end of leg days.

All of this is fantastic for HIIT and really gets things kicked into overdrive. Obviously the kickboxing isn't HIIT, but the bag work portion is.
    Awesome. I didn't even think about something like that. I believe the've got a punching bag and a speed bag at our gym, so this could work. Thanks for the quick replies.
    BOOM!
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I got my wife started on HIIT to prep for her Army PT test, and she blew it out of the water. She's starting to see muscle definition in her back and shoulders, and only does LISS once in a great while. And she didn't start HIIT until about 6 months ago. Before that, after our son was born she would do 30 - 45 mins. of LISS and wasn't seeing much happen as far as weight loss. Now she's seen more positive changes in her physique in the last 6 months than she did in a year and half before that, and only 15- 20 mins. of HIIT. Hope that helps.
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Another thought is KB swings. Through the legs and then up overhead. 20 reps and then rest for 60sec. Trust me, we do these in my muay thai warmups and they kick your ass in about 5 min.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    Another thought is KB swings. Through the legs and then up overhead. 20 reps and then rest for 60sec. Trust me, we do these in my muay thai warmups and they kick your ass in about 5 min.
    I actually just ordered one. There's a few with different weights at my gym, but I think it'll be a great tool to have at home. I'm somewhat familiar with them and can remember how good of workout you can get. Looking forward to breaking that bad boy in.
    BOOM!

Similar Forum Threads

1. School Courses Specifically for Women!
    By ManBeast in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-28-2008, 06:00 PM
  2. test therapy for women
    By Sanosuke in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-18-2006, 08:27 AM
  3. Anarchy Stack for Women
    By meg1793 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-05-2003, 10:35 PM
  4. 19-nor-4-androstenediol for Women
    By tommy_69 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-14-2003, 11:17 AM
  5. Is there any PH that works well for women?
    By hamper19 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-20-2002, 03:48 PM