Is this normal?

CarieMia

CarieMia

Awards
Does anybody experienced missed or delayed period due to excessive exercise? I'm now two weeks late, 100% sure I'm not pregnant!!! I have been reading and looks like excessive exercise maybe a possibility... Is this normal?

Ambizione

Ambizione

Awards
What percent bodyfat are you at? If you are very low due to diet/training it can and will halt your menstruation cycle.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
It means you have exercised induced pregnancy. Your baby is gonna be a swoll mutherfuker and the apex of his classmates. The downside is all this exercise will cause his growth plates to fuse at a young age so he'll only be 4'2-ish

Thought this was common knowledge. Why do you think most girls run from barbells and stuff like that?

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Quite common in many girls actually. Not all but Ive seen it a few times while in college. If your truly worried that something is wrong a quick checkup can set your mind to ease.

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What percent bodyfat are you at? If you are very low due to diet/training it can and will halt your menstruation cycle.
Every girl is different... When I'm at 6% bf I still get my monthly gift from Mother Nature ....

OP.. Get a blood test if u r worried...

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have never been lucky enough to lose mine but many factors can contribute to this. Stress can do it, low body fat and hormone imbalance.

kkiniaus

kkiniaus

Awards
Does anybody experienced missed or delayed period due to excessive exercise? I'm now two weeks late, 100% sure I'm not pregnant!!! I have been reading and looks like excessive exercise maybe a possibility... Is this normal?
Very common, especially in active women( under 15% - not specifically a number thing though) or women on certain diets.
-Usually due to hormonal fluctuations. ie. less body fat usually means lower oestrogen levels.
-Many woman find once they reduce exercise or increase food or supplement progestrone normal periods will return.
-There is no hard evidence to say this can be dangerous for future feritility
Personally I enjoy not having the hassal (and mood swings) of a period and prefer to stay lean enough to avoid them