Advice!

CarieMia

CarieMia

Awards
Hay everyone!

I have been working-out for around six months now; I have had results but in the past month or so there's no improvement at all. I really want to get toned and I wonder if I have to structure out my workout or change my diet. I usually have around 1500-1800 cal a day and workout almost every day, some days I feel like eating everything on my fridge and may go a little bit over 2000 cal. I'm 5'8", 125lbs, 31yo.

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
Magdalena is a good one to get advice from. She know whats up.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hay everyone! I have been working-out for around six months now; I have had results but in the past month or so there's no improvement at all. I really want to get toned and I wonder if I have to structure out my workout or change my diet. I usually have around 1500-1800 cal a day and workout almost every day, some days I feel like eating everything on my fridge and may go a little bit over 2000 cal. I'm 5'8", 125lbs, 31yo.
Are you cutting or slowly adding muscle? Describe your workouts, how long they are, and be sure about your calories. Eating too little can stunt weight loss; weird but true.

CarieMia

CarieMia

Awards
Are you cutting or slowly adding muscle? Describe your workouts, how long they are, and be sure about your calories. Eating too little can stunt weight loss; weird but true.
I want to add some muscle and then cut. I usually do 20-30 min cardio (on a treadmill) and then weights. I don't have a log of my workouts, somebody suggested me to start a log. Sometimes I walk into the gym without a plan, especially when I'm working-out by myself.

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
I want to add some muscle and then cut. I usually do 20-30 min cardio (on a treadmill) and then weights. I don't have a log of my workouts, somebody suggested me to start a log. Sometimes I walk into the gym without a plan, especially when I'm working-out by myself.
2 mistakes I see here. First, lift then run, not the other way. If you run first you are fatiguing your muscles and aren't getting as much bang for your buck on the lifts. Second, ya need to have a plan! Know what you wanna hit that day before you go to the gym. Efficiency is a pretty big key to success.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Second, ya need to have a plan! Know what you wanna hit that day before you go to the gym. Efficiency is a pretty big key to success.
This^ You have to set some goals (small weekly and or monthly ones are easier to hit and that leans towards the larger overall one/s) and have a planned routine, so you can keep track of daily, weekly, monthly..., progress. (keeping a log somewhere, is great for following this progress) IMO, if one keeps it rather structured, they are much more apt to stick with it over the long haul and make it a lifelong endeavor.
Using the bigger compound exercises and working the largest structures of the body, will make the most difference in transformations, fitness, work capacity, with the least amount of time. (not necessarily easy work, but efficient however) ie: the legs, hips, back, shoulders and chest contain the greatest mass and thus the greatest opportunity for lean muscle/body gains.
Having... Consistency, focus, determination, effort, are the best things I know to bring about those gains.

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hay everyone! I have been working-out for around six months now; I have had results but in the past month or so there's no improvement at all. I really want to get toned and I wonder if I have to structure out my workout or change my diet. I usually have around 1500-1800 cal a day and workout almost every day, some days I feel like eating everything on my fridge and may go a little bit over 2000 cal. I'm 5'8", 125lbs, 31yo.
Can u b more specific about ur daily food intake?
I don't think u r eating enough.. Not if u train almost every day...

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would do a warm up ( 10 min, I use the stepper, or treadmill on a high incline..) following with weight lifting....

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Just a few things to think about...
Make sure you are getting enough protein in and that you are eating quality food.
I would cut the days you train to 5 days your rest days are just as important for growth as the days in the gym.
I personally only do maybe 2-3 days of cardio a week for 20-30 min especially if I am trying to put on muscle.
Focus on your form in the gym and make sure you are lifting heavy enough to challenge yourself.
I weighed 100lbs before I started lifting and now I am at 128lbs with most of my increase in muscle over a 7 year span...slow and steady does win the race so stick with it!