wife help please

4324downs

Awards
Hey everyone, im searching for something that will help remove a lil extra fat for my wife. She eats relatively clean foods like chicken, turkey, whole gain carbs, eggs oats. But still is not getting the desired result... basically mags is the idea body!.

She went on a cardio craze and dropped good weight but still had a lil stomach fat. I introduced her to weights and she has been hitting it hard for about 4 months now and picked up some muscle but a lil more stomach fat. Its the place where she carries it.

She's 5'2 prob 115. She still lifts weights (4/5 times a week) and cardio 2/3 times a week. I figured upping cardio would b best. She was on 1500 calories/day and will drop that to 1200. But seeking maybe a good thermo or something that will really help.

Any suggestions would be great and thank you

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Tell her to increase the volume, more sets in the kitchen, extra reps on the laundry, and a good finisher like a nice back rub....

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tell her to increase the volume, more sets in the kitchen, extra reps on the laundry, and a good finisher like a nice back rub....
LOL! Dude, you crack me up.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey everyone, im searching for something that will help remove a lil extra fat for my wife. She eats relatively clean foods like chicken, turkey, whole gain carbs, eggs oats. But still is not getting the desired result... basically mags is the idea body!.

She went on a cardio craze and dropped good weight but still had a lil stomach fat. I introduced her to weights and she has been hitting it hard for about 4 months now and picked up some muscle but a lil more stomach fat. Its the place where she carries it.

She's 5'2 prob 115. She still lifts weights (4/5 times a week) and cardio 2/3 times a week. I figured upping cardio would b best. She was on 1500 calories/day and will drop that to 1200. But seeking maybe a good thermo or something that will really help.

Any suggestions would be great and thank you
When you say "relatively clean foods" what do you mean, examples? My wife, after 3 kids, had that post child pooch as well. When I finally convinced her to eat more protein and less carbs, she started seeing it slowly disappear.

4324downs

Awards
Relatively clean as in breakfast consist of soy protein cereal
Snack 2 eggs whites
Lunch turkey carrots and whole gain pasta
Snack 2 protein shake with oats
Dinner chicken and veggies and applesauce (I always tell her its bad)
P.o. egg, egg white, turkey bacon and half a slice of cheese
Then she has some type of cravings for desert choc usually dark.

Is there a good ratio of p/c/f that she should shoot for?

4324downs

Awards
Haha more like increase volume and sets with her hands in other places and more cardio in th he bedroom

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My first thought was diet. Then you posted cals, and I thought diet.

Does she count macros?

How old is she? 1500 cals may be a little low. 1200 is certainly low, especially for 4-5 lift days and 2-3 cardio days.

If she's consuming 20% protein, 50% carbs, and 30% fats, it's probably not going to matter how much cardio she does. She's going to look soft. (I use these numbers as an example only).

Try asking Magdalena for any advice yet?

4324downs

Awards
My first thought was diet. Then you posted cals, and I thought diet.

Does she count macros?

How old is she? 1500 cals may be a little low. 1200 is certainly low, especially for 4-5 lift days and 2-3 cardio days.

If she's consuming 20% protein, 50% carbs, and 30% fats, it's probably not going to matter how much cardio she does. She's going to look soft. (I use these numbers as an example only).

Try asking Magdalena for any advice yet?
Ill try adding in more fiber and we working the diet. she's 26. Macros are in the range of p35/c45/f20. Maybe ill play around with those numbers. U think she will benefit from a cycled keto diet? Or os that just missing the mark?

I have not asked mags yet, but will b soom

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey everyone, im searching for something that will help remove a lil extra fat for my wife. She eats relatively clean foods like chicken, turkey, whole gain carbs, eggs oats. But still is not getting the desired result... basically mags is the idea body!. She went on a cardio craze and dropped good weight but still had a lil stomach fat. I introduced her to weights and she has been hitting it hard for about 4 months now and picked up some muscle but a lil more stomach fat. Its the place where she carries it. She's 5'2 prob 115. She still lifts weights (4/5 times a week) and cardio 2/3 times a week. I figured upping cardio would b best. She was on 1500 calories/day and will drop that to 1200. But seeking maybe a good thermo or something that will really help. Any suggestions would be great and thank you
Just came across this...
Let's change up the diet , before we increase the cardio...
I will PM u...
:)

lionessbody

Awards
So glad you're addressing diet first! 1200 would be low for my daughter, much more so a 26yr old who's lifting. Don't put her metabolism into stagnation like that. I personally see great results when I lower the fat to 15% and compensate the right carbs (yes, carbs). I've had 2 kids and a couple abdominal surgeries, so the pooch was a hard fight, but sticking with live culture dairy (keifer/organic yogurt) and whole, sprouted grains has helped tremendously. Don't let her be a simple carb-er with pastas and breads. Cut the simple and go complex and your body will thank you.

gdsingh02172

Awards
add green vegetables and fresh fruits.drink more water,drink green tea for better result

kkiniaus

kkiniaus

Awards
Ill try adding in more fiber and we working the diet. she's 26. Macros are in the range of p35/c45/f20. Maybe ill play around with those numbers. U think she will benefit from a cycled keto diet? Or os that just missing the mark?

I have not asked mags yet, but will b soom
"cycled keto" or "carb cycling" is very beneficial for woman as the glucose from the carbs will be utilised for training and not stored as fat:
e.g. -low/or no carb days and higher fats/protein on less strenuous days THEN
-higher amounts of carbs and less fats on heavy lift days

-DO NOT INCREASE CARDIO TOO EXCESSIVELY OR DECREASE CALORIES esp to under 1200! (even though she is quite a small frame) this will only increase the chance of burning out/unmaintable or creating metabolic damage, which will just create harder work in the future.
-Play with the macros first (more protein, mod fats, lower carbs and carb cycling)
-Track how she feels mentally, energetically and physically and adjust macros depending on this and results over time (measure with calipers not scales as water weight fluctuates dramatically on women especially when playing around with carb intake)
-other factors contributing to weight held in the 1 spot (Stomach) could be hormonal or stress related too, but try out the carb cycling first ;)

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
"cycled keto" or "carb cycling" is very beneficial for woman as the glucose from the carbs will be utilised for training and not stored as fat:
e.g. -low/or no carb days and higher fats/protein on less strenuous days THEN
-higher amounts of carbs and less fats on heavy lift days

-DO NOT INCREASE CARDIO TOO EXCESSIVELY OR DECREASE CALORIES esp to under 1200! (even though she is quite a small frame) this will only increase the chance of burning out/unmaintable or creating metabolic damage, which will just create harder work in the future.
-Play with the macros first (more protein, mod fats, lower carbs and carb cycling)
-Track how she feels mentally, energetically and physically and adjust macros depending on this and results over time (measure with calipers not scales as water weight fluctuates dramatically on women especially when playing around with carb intake)
-other factors contributing to weight held in the 1 spot (Stomach) could be hormonal or stress related too, but try out the carb cycling first ;)
Solid info right here!

JITB

Awards
My wife (48 years old), almost lost her entire belly from giving up wheat.