wife help please

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.54%
    Achievements Reputation Pro

wife help please

Hey everyone, im searching for something that will help remove a lil extra fat for my wife. She eats relatively clean foods like chicken, turkey, whole gain carbs, eggs oats. But still is not getting the desired result... basically mags is the idea body!.

She went on a cardio craze and dropped good weight but still had a lil stomach fat. I introduced her to weights and she has been hitting it hard for about 4 months now and picked up some muscle but a lil more stomach fat. Its the place where she carries it.

She's 5'2 prob 115. She still lifts weights (4/5 times a week) and cardio 2/3 times a week. I figured upping cardio would b best. She was on 1500 calories/day and will drop that to 1200. But seeking maybe a good thermo or something that will really help.

Any suggestions would be great and thank you

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.16%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityReputation VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Tell her to increase the volume, more sets in the kitchen, extra reps on the laundry, and a good finisher like a nice back rub....
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.81%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    Tell her to increase the volume, more sets in the kitchen, extra reps on the laundry, and a good finisher like a nice back rub....
    LOL! Dude, you crack me up.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.81%

Quote Originally Posted by 4324downs View Post
    Hey everyone, im searching for something that will help remove a lil extra fat for my wife. She eats relatively clean foods like chicken, turkey, whole gain carbs, eggs oats. But still is not getting the desired result... basically mags is the idea body!.

She went on a cardio craze and dropped good weight but still had a lil stomach fat. I introduced her to weights and she has been hitting it hard for about 4 months now and picked up some muscle but a lil more stomach fat. Its the place where she carries it.

She's 5'2 prob 115. She still lifts weights (4/5 times a week) and cardio 2/3 times a week. I figured upping cardio would b best. She was on 1500 calories/day and will drop that to 1200. But seeking maybe a good thermo or something that will really help.

Any suggestions would be great and thank you
    When you say "relatively clean foods" what do you mean, examples? My wife, after 3 kids, had that post child pooch as well. When I finally convinced her to eat more protein and less carbs, she started seeing it slowly disappear.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.54%

Relatively clean as in breakfast consist of soy protein cereal
    Snack 2 eggs whites
    Lunch turkey carrots and whole gain pasta
    Snack 2 protein shake with oats
    Dinner chicken and veggies and applesauce (I always tell her its bad)
    P.o. egg, egg white, turkey bacon and half a slice of cheese
    Then she has some type of cravings for desert choc usually dark.

Is there a good ratio of p/c/f that she should shoot for?
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.54%

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    Haha more like increase volume and sets with her hands in other places and more cardio in th he bedroom
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  50 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.84%

Try to eat high-fiber foods.
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.55%
    Achievements Reputation AuthorityReputation ProReputation VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

My first thought was diet. Then you posted cals, and I thought diet.

Does she count macros?

How old is she? 1500 cals may be a little low. 1200 is certainly low, especially for 4-5 lift days and 2-3 cardio days.

If she's consuming 20% protein, 50% carbs, and 30% fats, it's probably not going to matter how much cardio she does. She's going to look soft. (I use these numbers as an example only).

Try asking @Magdalena for any advice yet?
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website atFINAFLEX.com

9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.54%

Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post
    My first thought was diet. Then you posted cals, and I thought diet.

Does she count macros?

How old is she? 1500 cals may be a little low. 1200 is certainly low, especially for 4-5 lift days and 2-3 cardio days.

If she's consuming 20% protein, 50% carbs, and 30% fats, it's probably not going to matter how much cardio she does. She's going to look soft. (I use these numbers as an example only).

Try asking @Magdalena for any advice yet?
    Ill try adding in more fiber and we working the diet. she's 26. Macros are in the range of p35/c45/f20. Maybe ill play around with those numbers. U think she will benefit from a cycled keto diet? Or os that just missing the mark?

I have not asked mags yet, but will b soom
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'4"  135 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.42%

Hey everyone, im searching for something that will help remove a lil extra fat for my wife. She eats relatively clean foods like chicken, turkey, whole gain carbs, eggs oats. But still is not getting the desired result... basically mags is the idea body!. She went on a cardio craze and dropped good weight but still had a lil stomach fat. I introduced her to weights and she has been hitting it hard for about 4 months now and picked up some muscle but a lil more stomach fat. Its the place where she carries it. She's 5'2 prob 115. She still lifts weights (4/5 times a week) and cardio 2/3 times a week. I figured upping cardio would b best. She was on 1500 calories/day and will drop that to 1200. But seeking maybe a good thermo or something that will really help. Any suggestions would be great and thank you
    Just came across this...
    Let's change up the diet , before we increase the cardio...
    I will PM u...
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.55%

So glad you're addressing diet first! 1200 would be low for my daughter, much more so a 26yr old who's lifting. Don't put her metabolism into stagnation like that. I personally see great results when I lower the fat to 15% and compensate the right carbs (yes, carbs). I've had 2 kids and a couple abdominal surgeries, so the pooch was a hard fight, but sticking with live culture dairy (keifer/organic yogurt) and whole, sprouted grains has helped tremendously. Don't let her be a simple carb-er with pastas and breads. Cut the simple and go complex and your body will thank you.
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.5%

add green vegetables and fresh fruits.drink more water,drink green tea for better result
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.23%

Ill try adding in more fiber and we working the diet. she's 26. Macros are in the range of p35/c45/f20. Maybe ill play around with those numbers. U think she will benefit from a cycled keto diet? Or os that just missing the mark?

I have not asked mags yet, but will b soom
    "cycled keto" or "carb cycling" is very beneficial for woman as the glucose from the carbs will be utilised for training and not stored as fat:
    e.g. -low/or no carb days and higher fats/protein on less strenuous days THEN
    -higher amounts of carbs and less fats on heavy lift days

-DO NOT INCREASE CARDIO TOO EXCESSIVELY OR DECREASE CALORIES esp to under 1200! (even though she is quite a small frame) this will only increase the chance of burning out/unmaintable or creating metabolic damage, which will just create harder work in the future.
    -Play with the macros first (more protein, mod fats, lower carbs and carb cycling)
    -Track how she feels mentally, energetically and physically and adjust macros depending on this and results over time (measure with calipers not scales as water weight fluctuates dramatically on women especially when playing around with carb intake)
    -other factors contributing to weight held in the 1 spot (Stomach) could be hormonal or stress related too, but try out the carb cycling first
  14. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.57%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation Authority

Quote Originally Posted by kkiniaus View Post
    "cycled keto" or "carb cycling" is very beneficial for woman as the glucose from the carbs will be utilised for training and not stored as fat:
    e.g. -low/or no carb days and higher fats/protein on less strenuous days THEN
    -higher amounts of carbs and less fats on heavy lift days

-DO NOT INCREASE CARDIO TOO EXCESSIVELY OR DECREASE CALORIES esp to under 1200! (even though she is quite a small frame) this will only increase the chance of burning out/unmaintable or creating metabolic damage, which will just create harder work in the future.
    -Play with the macros first (more protein, mod fats, lower carbs and carb cycling)
    -Track how she feels mentally, energetically and physically and adjust macros depending on this and results over time (measure with calipers not scales as water weight fluctuates dramatically on women especially when playing around with carb intake)
    -other factors contributing to weight held in the 1 spot (Stomach) could be hormonal or stress related too, but try out the carb cycling first
    Solid info right here!

LOG:BIGREDS JOURNEY TO SOWLEDOM
    NO EXCUSES JUST RESULTS
    ON MY JOURNEY TO SWOLEDOM!!

Similar Forum Threads

1. A Little Help Please
    By YellowJacket in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-07-2003, 04:21 PM
  2. First Time FINA: help - please?
    By Deadlift76 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6