I know Yoga is for men and women.. but YOGA :)

Ju1cedUp

Awards
  • Established
My friend Sue just started doing her own tutorials so you can get some good moves :)

[video=youtube;_0ahHztNgrc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0ahHztNgrc[/video]

Dulce

Dulce

Awards
that is crazy awesome. Yoga is amazing. It's the only time I adequately stretch. this reminds me that I should do yoga more again.... Time. Can someone get me more time?!

Ju1cedUp

Awards
  • Established
haha I can't do that.. but I can get you more quick tutorials to use :)

madiskinny

madiskinny

Awards
yes yes yes! yoga is so amazing for your body and mind I love it!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've done it twice with my wife and walk away humbled. It is tough and I am not even doing her hardcore classes.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I hadn't done any yoga until about 3 weeks ago, jumped right into hot yoga and got hooked quick. My first week, I went about 6 times, doubling up in one day even. But now I average 4 times a week, when I'm not training at the gym.

It's pretty amazing for mobility, flexibility, focus, and just the mind in general.
Absolutely hooked for life.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I love me some yoga. I only do it once a week but I love it for increased flexibility

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm too hyper for yoga, lol....
I'm double jointed n very flexible, but I tried yoga once n just laughed my a$$ off....
I rather lift any day, lol.....
When I grow up, I will try it again, ha ha ha.....
;)

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm too hyper for yoga, lol....
I'm double jointed n very flexible, but I tried yoga once n just laughed my a$$ off....
I rather lift any day, lol.....
When I grow up, I will try it again, ha ha ha.....
;)
LOL... I love to lift and I love yoga to balance things.. and to help relax and build inner focus. What is it that makes you laugh during class? I've yet to witness that lol

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL... I love to lift and I love yoga to balance things.. and to help relax and build inner focus. What is it that makes you laugh during class? I've yet to witness that lol
Lol... I get that inner focus when I lift...
The mind muscle connection..... Nothing can beat that....I like to feel the pain, lol.....
Yoga ? All it took is the person in front of me to fart n I laughed , couldn't focus....
I like the one on one relationship I have with iron..
It's more personal for me.... My true love.....
:)
I'm not much for fitness classes..I'm very competitive .... I don't feel yoga gives me what I want....

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Lol... I get that inner focus when I lift...
The mind muscle connection..... Nothing can beat that....I like to feel the pain, lol.....
Yoga ? All it took is the person in front of me to fart n I laughed , couldn't focus....
I like the one on one relationship I have with iron..
It's more personal for me.... My true love.....
:)
I'm not much for fitness classes..I'm very competitive .... I don't feel yoga gives me what I want....
Haha I was going to say, did someone fart in class or something? lol
I do hot yoga in a 105 degree room, it's painful, masochistic...nothing easy about it :)
I mainly started it because I had shoulder surgery and then a back injury. It's helped immensely to keep me active with the iron, not to mention kicked my ass in a cardio sense countless times.

There are many types of yoga, some are fairly brutal (Bikram for example). I do Moksha yoga which is similar to Bikram but incorporates almost twice as many poses and is far more varied and therefore far more interesting to do.

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha I was going to say, did someone fart in class or something? lol I do hot yoga in a 105 degree room, it's painful, masochistic...nothing easy about it :) I mainly started it because I had shoulder surgery and then a back injury. It's helped immensely to keep me active with the iron, not to mention kicked my ass in a cardio sense countless times. There are many types of yoga, some are fairly brutal (Bikram for example). I do Moksha yoga which is similar to Bikram but incorporates almost twice as many poses and is far more varied and therefore far more interesting to do.
Lol....
Ok ok.... I will try hot yoga....
;)

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
With all that being said, yoga is still not for everyone though lol ;)
If you do try hot yoga though, def lemme know what you think.

HTGduck

HTGduck

Awards
  • Established
I would like to try it... Don't wanna get made fun of though!!! Lol. The increased flexibility would do me well In my mma training.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I would like to try it... Don't wanna get made fun of though!!! Lol. The increased flexibility would do me well In my mma training.
Nobody will make fun of you hanging out with hot women in tight pants :D Trust me, after your first class, you will feel completely fine going. Your wife/gf might even become jealous. In fact, a lot of women respect men who do yoga. It doesn't just train flexibility, but it trains inner control & focus.

HTGduck

HTGduck

Awards
  • Established
Nobody will make fun of you hanging out with hot women in tight pants :D Trust me, after your first class, you will feel completely fine going. Your wife/gf might even become jealous. In fact, a lot of women respect men who do yoga. It doesn't just train flexibility, but it trains inner control & focus.
Oh yes, didnt even think about that... My GF will pitch a fit. lol. Oh well!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No one is going to say **** if you do yoga and if they do, they don't know what they are talking about. Yoga is tough and there are so many benefits to it both mentally and physically.

There are times that I'd rather go to training and get kicked in the leg and punched in the face than deal with the toughness of some of the yoga my wife does.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I completely agree with Kisaj. I have left some hot yoga classes wondering "Why in the hell did I just put myself through that". But it was a very fast flow class in 100 degree heat, not the typical class. The benefits of yoga are outstanding and completely compliment any athlete's training for a multitude of reasons. I need to do it more, but I'm finding myself in the gym more often than not these days. Doing yoga in the mornings would be amazing this summer.

ironyogi

ironyogi

Awards
agreed. Anyone who makes fun of a guy for doing yoga doesn't know anything about yoga and/or has never heard of "yoga pants".

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I practice hot yoga almost everyday now an hour after I train. I'm probably the most fit / mobile / pain free that I've ever been.