I think i strained my quad... Last week!!

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73%

I think i strained my quad... Last week!!

I waited 3 days before I worked legs again and now it's been over a week and my quad still hurts when I move it certain ways. Can I workout and it'll eventually go away or should I wait till the pain is completely gone? I worked legs before and was fine it only hurts when moved certain ways which I can easily avoid.
    I don't want to further hurt myself but... Today is leg day!! Help!
    Thanks
    <3-amber

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  238 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.76%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

If no swelling or discoloration is present then Ace-wrap those bad boys and smash those legs. Be sure to get a good gauge on muscular strength just before your workout and compare to the other leg though. Too much of a gap will lead to overcompensation issues and will just make the workout frustrating. Foam roll if possible and ice after you get home and you should be fine in terms of damage control. Not an expert but hopefully these 2cents helps!
    Olympus Labs Forum Rep
    Olympus Labs, turning mere mortals into Demigods!!!
    Visit us at: http://olympus-labs.com/
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.1%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by cuinhollywood View Post
    I waited 3 days before I worked legs again and now it's been over a week and my quad still hurts when I move it certain ways. Can I workout and it'll eventually go away or should I wait till the pain is completely gone? I worked legs before and was fine it only hurts when moved certain ways which I can easily avoid.
    I don't want to further hurt myself but... Today is leg day!! Help!
    Thanks
    <3-amber
    look at your quads side my side and make sure the thigh in questions isnt/doesnt

1. Visibly larger or swollen-This can mean looks like its holding water or taking on a reddish hue.
    2. have a feverish feel to the touch- This is another sign of local inflammation and is a pretty good indicator of an injury.
    3. There isnt any acute/sharp pain upon palpating specific locations-this again is a big sign that there is damage
    4. There are numb areas/lack of feeling/tingling on the thigh. If any of that happens while going through a normal ROM-you could have some nerve damage.
    5. apparent discoloration- if your leg has more colors than the rainbow coalition on it, chances are your hurt and its not safe to work out-so dont do it.

Hope this helps! If your not sure, post up some pics of both legs and maybe we can help give you a better idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I'm usually crying when people take naked pictures of me. Fcuking childhood.
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.73%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Where at exactly? What have you done so far? It hurts when you go what direction? Pain or ultra soreness?
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.95%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Have you ever used Rock Tape? If not, grab some immediately and try! I have the tape plastered over my lower back which allows me to deadllift, squat and lift with ZERO pain. The tape pulls the skin away from the injured area which allows proper blood flow=MIRACLE!

Similar Forum Threads

1. My coworker bought some Blue Gene last week.
    By RenegadeRows in forum Controlled Labs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-16-2010, 03:18 PM
  2. Replies: 74
    Last Post: 09-13-2010, 01:07 AM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-19-2007, 11:51 PM
  4. My official 3 week sd log- Whatcha think?
    By TrainTilUDrop in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-17-2005, 09:38 PM
  5. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-18-2004, 04:23 PM