Need some help females - AnabolicMinds.com

Need some help females

1. New Member

Need some help females

I've been lifting for a good amount of time between high school and college sports and am in pretty good shape, my girlfriend wants me to help her start to get in better shape herself and I wanted some advice.... Is there a specific workout that works better for a female ? I know diet is key but do most females that lift take protein or any supplements? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated thanks

2. Professional Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by drexeljc235 View Post
    I've been lifting for a good amount of time between high school and college sports and am in pretty good shape, my girlfriend wants me to help her start to get in better shape herself and I wanted some advice.... Is there a specific workout that works better for a female ? I know diet is key but do most females that lift take protein or any supplements? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated thanks
    What is her current level of fitness and goals? I believe ZiR Red on here has developed a lifting program for women. I can't recall where the link is, but you may want to PM him for additional info. I don't believe there is a reason why a woman can't do the same exercises as men. I'd say a program that includes the major compound lifts (squat, dead, bench) is the way to go. Start off light, get her form down and endurance up, and assess from there. Outside of food, I stick to the basics - multi, fish oil, joint support & whey.
    Squats do a booty good.
  3. New Member

Thank you for the advice! And her current goals are to drop about 20-30lbs she is about 5,8 and 155-160 lbs....... I've heard fat burners such as oxy elite pro are also good to incorporate into cardio sessions for better results...? Thoughts on that ?
    •   

4. Professional Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by drexeljc235 View Post
    Thank you for the advice! And her current goals are to drop about 20-30lbs she is about 5,8 and 155-160 lbs....... I've heard fat burners such as oxy elite pro are also good to incorporate into cardio sessions for better results...? Thoughts on that ?
    In my humble opinion, a better approach is to begin lifting a few times a week and incorporate some type of HIIT as cardio on off days. Maybe even fasted LISS in the mornings, time permitting. Whether that be sprinting, running up stairs, jump rope, is all personal preference. I personally like jump roping, but that is just me. If diet and exercise are on point she will start to reap the benefits and then down the road maybe look into introducing fat burners.
    Squats do a booty good.
  5. New Member

Perfect thank you again for your help I'm going to try And find that link you were speaking of before and ill keep you updated on her progress
  6. New Member

What does LISS stand for? Thank you
  7. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by terryk2001 View Post
    What does LISS stand for? Thank you
    LISS stands for low intensity steady state cardio. For example, jogging at 65-75% of your max HR for 30min - 1 hr of activity.
    Squats do a booty good.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'2"   lbs.

I don't recommend beginners getting comfortable with the usage of "fat burners". I feel they only can damage a females adrenal system as well as work against you in building quality lean muscle definition. You'd be surprised how much more energy you can achieve simply by getting on a clean and nutritious diet with plenty of green vegetables and a good vitamin and natural supplement program with plenty amino acid support.
    National Level NPC Competitor
    Sponsored Athlete for Muscle Gauge Nutrition
    www.facebook.com/VanessaValdez.National.Competi tor
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'0"  114 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by WPChickDiesel View Post
    I don't recommend beginners getting comfortable with the usage of "fat burners". I feel they only can damage a females adrenal system as well as work against you in building quality lean muscle definition. You'd be surprised how much more energy you can achieve simply by getting on a clean and nutritious diet with plenty of green vegetables and a good vitamin and natural supplement program with plenty amino acid support.
    This is exactly what my coach told me. Fat burners aren't good. A clean good healthy diet and working out will end up in great results!
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  118 lbs.

My husband used to be a personal trainer , hes now a physician. He trains me and basically has me doing the same excercises he does (except with much lighter weights). Diet, is pretty much the same concept. High protein, low carbs with controlled refeed days thrown in. I take a protein shake a day (breakfast) only bc I have a hard time consuming that much chicken
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  232 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

you gotta figure out where your maintenance calories are before anything else! Than IMO add in other things like supps drugs cardio etc
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. ok guys i need some help with cutting....
    By good_guye28 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2003, 04:28 PM
  2. My first transdermal cycle, need some help
    By LHDan in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-17-2003, 09:50 PM
  3. Need some help with items for a care package
    By Matthew D in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-04-2003, 09:23 AM
  4. need some help with WinMX