Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.87%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Just Starting *Beginners Discussion*

Question:
    What would be the optimal way to get a female training in the gym for accelerated fat loss and muscle gain. With more routines out there than there are girls even lifting in the gym, where does a girl start? Is it going to be like for men getting on a 3 day a week full body routine?

Diet:
    My gf has never lifted before and is feeling fluffy. We will work on getting the diet in check, probably 2 days cardio *plus we f*** a lot*. She's also vegan and gluten intolerant so if you can help with that, I'd appreciate it because I don't know how she can get the proteins lol. Normal womens macros?

Training:
    I'm already assuming that a full body routine is going to be best for a beginner male/female. So what would set/rep scheme be? Was thinking a 3x5 on the heavy compounds and 2x8 on accessory lifts with ABA BAB type split.

Input ladies?
    I don't go lift, I don't go workout, I don't go train....I go get sexy....sexy as fwuark!!!!!!!!!

2. Banned
    Stats
    5'5"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.38%

First off more than 2 days of cardio depending on how much she wants to lose. Second you can do an upper lower for her to get used to everything then move her to a body part per day like a normal routine. Clean eating lower her carbs up her protein. I understand she has food issues so some research on protein sources is a place to start. Water water water. Then just get her in the gym and see if she even likes it. That's my advice.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.26%

Nice post. I am totally agree with you and would like to say thanks to you that you share this post here with us.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  118 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.83%

Quote Originally Posted by xigotmailx View Post
    Question:
    With more routines out there than there are girls even lifting in the gym, where does a girl start? Is it going to be like for men getting on a 3 day a week full body routine?
    People over complicate things. Some women are really into burpees, spin classes, yoga etc. However I just lift what my husband does. Just the standard squats, benches, bicep curls etc. Nothing fancy. No pink weights shizz. 4 days/wk 1 hr each session.

Diet: She's also vegan and gluten intolerant so if you can help with that, I'd appreciate it because I don't know how she can get the proteins lol. Normal womens macros?
    Sorry dude. I don't know much about vegan/glutten free diets. I know that many want at least their body weight in grams for protein. Minimize carbs, maximize proteins. count calories. Be sure she eats enough or does controlled refeeds or else she can easily kill her metabolism
    Training:
    I'm already assuming that a full body routine is going to be best for a beginner male/female. So what would set/rep scheme be?
    alternate between upper/lower body days.

Similar Forum Threads

1. just started SD cycle
    By Tad50 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-17-2005, 01:46 AM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-29-2004, 12:35 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-14-2004, 04:48 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-06-2004, 12:14 AM
  5. Just started..........