Legs and glutes

a312

Awards
Hi ladies

Really want to build up my legs n glutes, glutes mainly, can any of u share a routine?

Thanks

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Full squats
Deadlift
Stiff leg deadlift
Romanian deadlift
Lunges
Front squat
Glute Ham raises
Hyperextensions
Pull throughs.

Yep, that should cover it.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

PROness

Awards
Hip thrusters
I'm curious... is there a better way to do hip thrusts? Even with a pad they destroy my pelvis and the setup is an even bigger pain in the ass.

Full GHRs are a better choice IMO for time's sake and development's sake.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm curious... is there a better way to do hip thrusts? Even with a pad they destroy my pelvis and the setup is an even bigger pain in the ass.

Full GHRs are a better choice IMO for time's sake and development's sake.
Honestly I haven't really found a comfortable way to do them. Right now I just use the crappy pad people use for squats. It provides no cushion since the bar slips through the gaps in padding. Seems like the pain subsides with repetition saw a video of Bret Contreras doing hip thrusters with either 405 or 495 no padding.

The set up shouldn't be that hard just a bench and a bar.

Where I train doesn't have a GHR and didn't particularly get as much out of it. With hip thrusters it is easy to target the glutes with heavy loads without a high level of technical difficulty.

PROness

Awards
Honestly I haven't really found a comfortable way to do them. Right now I just use the crappy pad people use for squats. It provides no cushion since the bar slips through the gaps in padding. Seems like the pain subsides with repetition saw a video of Bret Contreras doing hip thrusters with either 405 or 495 no padding.

The set up shouldn't be that hard just a bench and a bar.

Where I train doesn't have a GHR and didn't particularly get as much out of it. With hip thrusters it is easy to target the glutes with heavy loads without a high level of technical difficulty.
You could use a lat machine to do GHRs which makes them 10x harder and takes the lower back. out of the movement.

The main problem with thrusters for me is that I'm too thick to get under the bar and i always find a way to almost flip the bench even when its braced against a power rack. Id like to try it consistently but its that movement i always manage to **** up.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cut the weight in half and do single leg glute bridges.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You could use a lat machine to do GHRs which makes them 10x harder and takes the lower back. out of the movement.

The main problem with thrusters for me is that I'm too thick to get under the bar and i always find a way to almost flip the bench even when its braced against a power rack. Id like to try it consistently but its that movement i always manage to **** up.
I actually do that with a lat machine but I feel that in my hamstrings way more than glutes.

What you could do is have someone put the bar on for you. Just have to find a position that suits you. I rest my elbows on the bench. Start off with 135 to get used to it better.

It really isn't a technical lift. Have you watched any videos for it on youtube? My go to "guru" on hip thrusters would be Bret Contreras.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So make a somewhat technical lift even more technical by throwing balance into the equation?
Not exactly sure I would classify this lift as technical but if the weight amount was bothering your hips this would lessen that.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also could try doing them from the floor if the bench is an issue.

Suga Monsta

Suga Monsta

Awards
I did a leg routine today that gave me a killer glute & quad workout. It consisted of:

crossover reverse lunges - 12 on each leg
single leg squats - 12 on each leg
hip thrusts from a bench - 12
repeat 3 times
[rest]
single leg deadlift w/ 15 lb weight - 12 on each leg
step up w/ knee raise - 12 on each leg
repeat 3 times
[rest]
jumping lunges - 12 on each leg
scissor lunges - 24 total
repeat 3 times
[rest]

I liked this workout b/c it totally works my quads, glutes, calves, hamstrings, lower back a little, and engages my abs. Plus, it's only 3 sets of the exercises so I felt like I was moving quickly.

jilldunnfit

jilldunnfit

Awards
wide stance squats
sumo squats
stiff legged deadlifts
reverse lunges
weighted steps ups
weighted walking lunges
glute/ham raise
glute kickbacks
reverse hyperextensions

I usually do 4 sets of these 12-15 reps. High volume has been working great for me!

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
wide stance squats sumo squats stiff legged deadlifts reverse lunges weighted steps ups weighted walking lunges glute/ham raise glute kickbacks reverse hyperextensions I usually do 4 sets of these 12-15 reps. High volume has been working great for me!
This^^^...
I like 20 reps / 4 sets, high volume works great!
;)