Cleaning up my diet?!?
- 04-29-2013, 04:37 PM
Cleaning up my diet?!?
I was wondering if someone could help me out on my diet? I currently do Vi Shakes twice a day, dinner (salmon or turkey with salad), and I will eat sunflower seeds or some sort of nut for a snack with yogurt. I am almost done with with my first round of Insanity and I have lost 20lbs. I am wanting to loose more belly and inner thigh fat and I keep seeing that these areas are more about diet then working out. Can anyone give me some examples of how to cut through this fat?
- 04-29-2013, 04:44 PM
Many options. Carb cycling. Keto diet. Intermittent fasting. Find one that works for YOU. Also start tracking them macros. That's the most important thing that most overlook. Some will come in here and tell you supplement A is best for cutting, or exercise B... Whatever... It's all about diet and exercise, nothing more. Everything else is a bandaid. Most people do Insanity 2-3 times for the results they are after. This could take over half a year. Don't take shortcuts!Independent Review
- 04-30-2013, 12:12 PM
I'm no expert at all, but from my experience diet is key. No matter how many calories I've burned at the gym if my diet isn't in sync then neither are the results I'm after.
04-30-2013, 12:42 PM
I guess I just have to continue doing what I am doing. Can you tell me what your diet consist of?
05-02-2013, 05:30 PM
www.biolayne.com/blog for info about metabolism. Check out IIFYM for food intake to maintain your sanity
05-02-2013, 06:50 PM
I eat high protein with moderate fat and carbs. A typical day for me would be
AM workout (usually some type of cardio like spinning, running, elliptical...I like to do this on an empty stomach, just my preference)
1) post workout whey protein shake and an apple
2) Breakfast: Egg whites, spinach, turkey sausage
3) Snack: oatmeal with cinnamon and blackberries
4) Lunch: Chicken salad with olive oil and vinegar, 1/2 an avocado, salsa, and flax seeds
5) Snack: ezekiel bread toasted with peanut butter
PM Workout: Weights (I do my upper body M/W Lower T/TH and a full body circuit on Sat)
6) Post Workout Whey Protein Shake and Almonds
7) Dinner: Salmon with Broccoli and a field greens salad with oil and vinegar
8) Pre bedtime: Casein Protein shake
This puts me just under 2000 cals depending on the portions and how greedy I decide to be on some of these lol. I get my carbs from my fruits and veggies which also give me the fiber I need. I get my healthy fat from just bout everything - the veggies, meat, nuts, oils, etc. And then my protein is usually the highest, I try to get gram for pound in protein i.e. I weigh 145 right now so I try to consume 145 grams of protein a day. I have to get most of that from shakes though because I'd keel over if I actually ate all of that from meat. I also drink a gallon of water a day, sometimes I'll grab some coffee if I'm in the mood for some. Since I workout twice a day this works for me in terms of the calories I burn verses the calories I eat. I really just try to get a balance of fruit veggies grains nuts and seeds, and protein. I switch the foods up every week so I dont get bored. On the weekend I allow myself some homemade sweet potato fries or yogurt with granola, or a homemade philly cheese steak sandwich...things I REALLY enjoy that are tasty. I just try to make them myself so that they are healthy versions as opposed to going out to eat. Hope this helps.
Similar Forum Threads
- By Ascended in forum Cycle InfoReplies: 0Last Post: 03-01-2012, 12:45 PM
- By alih92 in forum Weight LossReplies: 4Last Post: 07-03-2010, 02:54 PM
- By MMALOVER in forum Supplement AuctionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-15-2009, 07:58 PM
- By dsw222 in forum Weight LossReplies: 0Last Post: 03-15-2008, 07:07 PM
- By jokka in forum BulkingReplies: 1Last Post: 02-06-2008, 08:38 PM